*** STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI ***

387,163 Views | 2709 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ark03
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

We're not gonna take it!!!

We're not in Kansas any more.

We're not worthy.

SpreadsheetAg
AG
Alright I'm out; see you all in 2 weeks... too much blabbing and near-spoiler posting for me already
TCTTS
AG
"We're not going to make it."
Jason Ag
AG
Just start with RO and end with ROTJ.
The Collective
AG
AGGies0311 said:

I'm going to watch one Star Wars movie a night starting on the 6th that way I can be ready on the 14th.

Think we will watch TFA for a refresh. My kids have watched it a lot, but it's been awhile since the wife and I actually sat down and watched it end to end.
jr15aggie
AG
That's definitely a more realistic option for somebody like me.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Watched Empire last night. Will do ROTJ and TFA this weekend.

I know I say it every year, but ******* is that a good movie.

Favorite shot of the whole series:
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Kind of a clickbaity title, but long story short, expect a LOT of deleted scenes.
The Collective
AG
Sounds like Rian had lots of extra footage to use for cutting a trailer.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://streamable.com/u1hcp
Malachi Constant
AG
Thumbs up to American Airlines having all 3 Star Wars films plus Rogue One available on in-flight entertainment.
wangus12
AG
Good lord how far are you flying!
gougler08
AG
wangus12 said:

Good lord how far are you flying!
I am running out of options on United after 6 international round trips this year, so having all the Star Wars or other good movie options is nice (they don't have them all though)
TCTTS
AG
Still don't know if the premiere is Saturday or not, but at least we know that if it's Tuesday, reactions will hit a day before, on Monday...

TCTTS
AG
Ok, so it seems the premiere is, in fact, this Saturday at 6:30 PM PST. That puts the first potential reactions at around 9 PM PST / 11 PM CST. Still haven't seen official confirmation of either the date or no Twitter reaction embargo, but I'm seeing a lot more chatter/evidence of both than I did last week.
Saul Goodman
AG
Do you guys read critic spoiler-free reviews? I prefer to go into a move untainted by somebody else's opinion, but I usually can't help myself for a movie like this.
Phat32
AG
For a movie like this where I've already bought tickets, the critic reviews are irrelevant and will taint the movie either way. Just go enjoy it.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

I absolutely avoid critics reviews for something like this.

I only read them for things I'm unsure about whether I want to see it or not. And really I just check the RT score and the fan score...then glance at a few of the headlines of the collected reviews on RT to see the general vibe.

Mostly those reviews never stop me from seeing soemthing I want to see....but they do stop me from seeing something I am unsure about. Occasionally they make me want to see something more than I did - but I was checking the reviews because I was already considering seeing it. So it's more like a confirmation thing for me.

In this case there is no doubt and I don''t need to see anything before.
wangus12
AG
Yep. For one like this that I've been anticipating for so long and I have tickets already, I'm not reading anything written by someone who has seen it. I want to go in with a clean slate.
The Collective
AG
I'll read quick hitter tweets from major people on Twitter (the kind of stuff TCTTS will post), but I avoid the full spoiler-free reviews.
TCTTS
AG
So am I good to post twitter reactions here Saturday night (and early next week) or no? They won't be spoiler-ish at all, and I usually post them in the main, non-spoiler thread, but I also don't want to piss anyone off. Or will anyone who doesn't want to read them have peaced out by then anyway? Just curious because I don't know that they belong in a spoiler thread either, but down to do whatever.
Saul Goodman
AG
I'm good with it. General reactions should be fine for this thread, but others may feel differently.
TCTTS
AG
3rdGen2015
Buck Compton
AG
Fantastic.

Also, "Spoilers aren't a big deal. I just did a 22 minute Frozen short that apparently spoiled Coco for some middle-aged people."
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hell yes!

Josh Gad is hilarious.
The Collective
AG
Genius.
Malachi Constant
AG
Full disclosure - I took my 4 year old daughter to the 22-minute frozen thing and we left before Coco started.
Malachi Constant
AG
And I thought the Frozen thing was good.
AgMarauder04
AG
TCTTS said:

So am I good to post twitter reactions here Saturday night (and early next week) or no? They won't be spoiler-ish at all, and I usually post them in the main, non-spoiler thread, but I also don't want to piss anyone off. Or will anyone who doesn't want to read them have peaced out by then anyway? Just curious because I don't know that they belong in a spoiler thread either, but down to do whatever.
Twitter reactions are ok, I would say full reviews aren't.

We will have a spoiler thread for how long? 1 week? 2? before we come back here?
3rdGen2015
AG
If I remember correctly, in the TFA thread we waited until the New Year to bring spoilers back. That gave everybody time to see it around holiday travel/family get togethers/etc.
AgMarauder04
AG
I'm ok with it. We have a 3 week old and a 4 year old at home, so my chances of seeing it are pretty remote anyway.
Sapper Redux
AgMarauder04 said:

I'm ok with it. We have a 3 week old and a 4 year old at home, so my chances of seeing it are pretty remote anyway.

I know the feeling. Kids are wonderful, but sometimes it does cause pain.
bedofbrass33
AG
TCTTS said:

I love reading the Twitter general reactions you post. They have never spoiled a movie for me and saved me some $$ and time on a few movies. I won't watch TLJ until Christmas weekend.

Seriously, in this day and age of online connectivity, the individual is 100% responsible for unplugging themselves to avoid spoilers. Anyone who cares so much about not being spoiled should exercise enough self control to not browse until they can get their asses to the theater. If they can't handle that they shouldn't be allowed to reproduce or vote.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

If I remember correctly, in the TFA thread we waited until the New Year to bring spoilers back. That gave everybody time to see it around holiday travel/family get togethers/etc.
This was in the "big" Star Wars thread, not the TFA thread. I think in this specific thread, spoilers will likely be fair game starting on the 14th. (Though spoilers tags would still be nice.)

I'll make a post on the other thread asking people to leave spoilers off it until New years.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.