*** STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI ***

377,459 Views | 2709 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ark03
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Random prediction, one day out --

Obi-Wan force ghost in TLJ. We heard his voice in TFA for a reason

And maybe they're avoiding a Ewan McGregor casting announcement in order to surprise everyone with his appearance in TLJ.
Since Obi-Wan is my favorite character I must mention he, Vader, R2, C3PO are the only characters mentioned or seen in all 8 movies.

His voice is in TFA.
He's referenced by Bail Organa/Mon Mothma in Rogue One. Man, I love that moment when MOn Mothma says to contact the Jedi and he tells him to use someone he trusts and he says "I trust HER with my life." What a great nod to the OT.

Quality sucks but I couldn't help posting it.

bobinator
AG
The Shank Ag said:

Rey is Anakin all over again. The female birth conceived by the force.
I hadn't previously considered this, with all of the talk of who her parents are that she might not have any, but I don't see them walking back down this road again.

***wild speculation time***
I'm not convinced we aren't getting an Anakin force ghost. It would be the one thing impactful enough to change the path that Kylo Ren is on.
AGGies0311
Im gonna throw this out there, but what if her parents are just some random rebels, no body famous?
bobinator
AG
I've said all along that I hope that's the case. Kind of a "you don't have to be born someone to be someone" thing.
wangus12
AG
I'd be perfectly ok with it.

I'd prefer it to the midichlorian bull****
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
bobinator said:

The Shank Ag said:

I hadn't previously considered this, with all of the talk of who her parents are that she might not have any, but I don't see them walking back down this road again.

***wild speculation time***
I'm not convinced we aren't getting an Anakin force ghost. It would be the one thing impactful enough to change the path that Kylo Ren is on.

Listening to ANakin regurgitating some of his choice dialogue from the prequels would be enough for Kylo Ren to put his lightsaber to his head and turn it on.

Love won't save you, Padme. Only my new powers can do that
From my point of view, the Jedi are evil!
I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Here everything is soft and smooth.
One day, I will become the greatest Jedi EVER.
The Collective
AG
Yes
The Collective
AG
Have Kylo practicing his force skills in Vader's castle - and have force ghost Anakin show up and say,

"Now that's a good trick"
bobinator
AG
That's kind of what keeps bringing me back to thinking of an Anakin ghost. If you're the director, having a chance to redeem a character that everyone wants to love/hate but that has mostly sucked on screen would be a hard opportunity to pass up if you could make it work.

It's also one of the few pieces that's on the established board of how this universe works. Rian wouldn't be changing any rules or creating anything new for it to happen.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
CJS4715 said:

Have Kylo practicing his force skills in Vader's castle - and have force ghost Anakin show up and say,

"Now that's a good trick"
Kylo Ren fighting Rey and Ghost Anakin calls out "Let's try spinning!"

Wakes up from a nightmare about killing Han: "I'd rather dream of Padm. Just being around her again is... intoxicating."

Smashes his helmet into the elevator wall: "If Obi-Wan caught me doing that, he would be very grumpy."

Blows up ship Leia is on: "Now this is podracing!"

bobinator
AG
haha, I would almost love for ghost Anakin to be kid Anakin just to see the riot at the movie theater.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
"Teach me, grandfather."

"YIPEE!!!"
Presley OBannons Sword
https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/443606/1

remember when eps 1 and 2 were SO terrible that by comparison, we were all fooled into thinking 3 was pretty good?

some embarrassing comments on that thread
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
ROTS is a good movie.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Presley OBannons Sword said:

https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/443606/1

remember when eps 1 and 2 were SO terrible that by comparison, we were all fooled into thinking 3 was pretty good?

some embarrassing comments on that thread
I think its pretty good. Its about on the same level as Return of the Jedi. I just think there's a huge gap between episodes 4 and 5 and everything else. TFA was up there, but the more I watch it, the more I realize that it just isn't on the same level as Star Wars and Empire, and nothing in the series really is.
Presley OBannons Sword
revenge of the sith is a steaming pile of dog ***** i loved it in the theater, still thought it was good when I got it on DVD, then didnt watch it again for many years. watched it again a year ago or so, and it is absolutely awful.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
FTACO97
AG
The Shank Ag said:

Prediction I have not including the one spoiler a student told ruined (if true) during class

Daisy Ridley said in an article a week or so ago that she isn't a product of the force like Anakin....can't seem to find it now...and don't want to read through articles that could spoil something :-p
jabberwalkie09
AG
FTACO97 said:

The Shank Ag said:

Prediction I have not including the one spoiler a student told ruined (if true) during class

Daisy Ridley said in an article a week or so ago that she isn't a product of the force like Anakin....can't seem to find it now...and don't want to read through articles that could spoil something :-p
That's probably a good decision, it seems the spoiler articles are coming out now.
Presley OBannons Sword
Brian Earl Spilner said:

FROM MY POINT OF VIEW REVENGE OF THE SITH IS TERRIBLE

Presley OBannons Sword
anyways, i meant to post that on the star wars discussion thread, not the last jedi thread. i'll stop yakking.
AgMarauder04
AG
is there a time we can make predictions about the movie? Tomorrow?
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
AHH!!! I just heard a spoiler from someone talking out in the hall. And it's a pretty big one. DAMN DAMN DAMN!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Roll call

On a scale of 1-10, how hype are you?

Me:
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
How do people think it's ok to discuss spoilers when it's not out yet?

Report him to HR immediately.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Apparently it came out on a British morning TV show. I won't mention it, but damn.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Sweet Kitten Feet said:

AHH!!! I just heard a spoiler from someone talking out in the hall. And it's a pretty big one. DAMN DAMN DAMN!

For what it's worth, I've heard this spoiler as well.
Saul Goodman
AG
I'm at a 10. Having difficulty getting work done.
TCTTS
AG
What you heard is true. Daisy Ridley and I are, in fact, dating.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
TCTTS said:

What you heard is true. Daisy Ridley and I are, in fact, dating.
So could you get me her autograph on something?
jabberwalkie09
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Roll call

AgMarauder04
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Roll call

TCTTS
AG
No problem.
Living Legend
AG
TCTTS said:

What you heard is true. Daisy Ridley and I are, in fact, dating

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.