*** STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI ***

382,995 Views | 2709 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ark03
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thanks for the update. I guess I didn't even notice it online.
Murder Hornet
AG
Any reason that the international poster has the positions of Rey and Luke swapped from the US version? Just different marketing?
AliasMan02
AG
bthomas98 said:

Any reason that the international poster has the positions of Rey and Luke swapped from the US version? Just different marketing?

Different villain!
3rdGen2015
AG
AliasMan02 said:

bthomas98 said:

Different villain!
From their point of view, the Jedi are evil
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS said:

LUKE

IS

HOLDING

A

LIGHTSABER
twilly
AG
...and it's his old lightsaber.

The one that Disney and all the toys label Rey's lightsaber now.
twilly
AG
twilly said:

TCTTS said:

Got any pics of the others? Would help to compare frames.
I can snap some shots tonight after the kids go into sugar coma.

The Collective
AG
Do I spy a sandcrawler lego? That is badass.
twilly
AG
Good eye! I'm in the process of redoing the LEGO displays. The Endor and Tatooine scenes are in flux at the moment. The pile under the Ep II poster is a disconstructed sail barge that needs some love and attention.

LEGOS is one of the things I turn to as Aggie football season implodes/winds down.

I've also got a new USC Millennium Falcon that is my Xmas season project. Figure it will take all of the 12 Days of Christmas to get that thing built.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That's legit.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

TCTTS said:

LUKE

IS

HOLDING

A

LIGHTSABER
And NOW look who's in the Villain / Hero positions
The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

LUKE

IS

HOLDING

A

LIGHTSABER

That lightsaber, it belongs to Luke.
DB Coach
AG
Twilly, those look nice. Where do you get your frames? I have 3 of the skinny OT theater posters I need to frame. I think they are 18x36.
twilly
AG
DB Coach said:

Twilly, those look nice. Where do you get your frames? I have 3 of the skinny OT theater posters I need to frame. I think they are 18x36.
I've had them done at different places over the years. Multiple places in TX so....Michael's, Hobby Lobby, Aaron Brothers. Custom jobs. I wait until they throw out a 65% off coupon for framing, which is what Aaron Brothers has until the end of next week...hence the original question about frame color. For reference, each of the frames are 27x40.
Dro07
AG
why is Poe on the dark side of the poster?
TCTTS
AG
Nice. For consistency sake, I guess I'd go with the gold for TLJ, since that's what TFA is in. What color are Empire and ROTJ?
twilly
AG
The original trilogy are all black. I jotted that down wrong on my first post.
TCTTS
AG
Gotcha. It'd be cool if each trilogy were in a different color - OT in black, PT in gold, and maybe the ST in silver or something - but it may too late/expensive for that. If so, then yeah, I'd go with gold for consistency.
Jason Ag
AG
dromo07 said:

why is Poe on the dark side of the poster?

He is Han Solos illegitimate son who became a double agent to kill Han, but now that Han is dead he returns to the First order. Hail President Skroob! Or there are more good main characters than bad and they needed to balance the poster.
Dro07
AG
Oh wait is Poe real name Hung?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Has this been posted? The Empire Strikes again.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/disney-to-theaters-showing-the-last-jedi-i-am-altering-1820052024

Quote:

According to the Wall Street Journal, theater owners have to agree to a serious and unusual set of terms in order to earn the privilege of showing the new Star Wars movie. First, Disney is insisting on a 65 percent share of ticket-sales revenue, up from a standard 55 percent asked by most Hollywood studios, what WSJ calls "a new benchmark."

Disney is also requiring theaters to reserve at least four weeks in the largest auditorium available exclusively for The Last Jedi screenings. And if a theater violates any of the above terms? Well, then Disney reserves the right to charge an additional five percent of ticket sales revenue as penalty for the violation. This includes if the theater cancels even one screening of the film without Disney's consent.

And if you don't like those terms, as a theater owner, there's little to be done. Disney has outsized power in the modern theatrical market, with box-office sales down and Disney's significant stake in the remaining releases26 percent market share, as of last yearleaving theaters with little in the way of bargaining power. The Last Jedi is far too lucrative to pass up.
TCTTS
AG
**** Disney. That's super sh*tty. Why would you want to screw over an already-struggling, yet incredibly vital component of your product distribution? Sure, it'll net you more profits on this particular movie, but in the long term it may set a precedent for other studios that could ultimately accelerate the downfall of theaters in general. And obviously the more theaters that go down, the less money you stand to make on each movie going forward.
scoop12
AG
This stuff happens all the time actually. The studios know you have to play their product to survive. They'll also often hold the big movies hostage from you if you refuse to play one of their smaller grossing films.
Buck Compton
AG
Was the shot of Luke on the Falcon just now new?
Joe West is a fat piece of **** and a waste of oxygen.
TexAgBolter
TexAgBolter
AG
Yep
redline248
AG
Couple new shots on the trailer commercial during the WS
jbsj9698
maca1028
Peacock put the ball in play.
Edit: wrong thread, Star Wars yay! Go Astros!
tk for tu juan
Whole new trailer
Thomas Ford 91
AG
Was that a new trailer during the WS? Had not seen it before.
Belton Ag
AG
Saw that. Nice.
lunchbox
bobinator
AG
The end is what threw me off
Can't believe Disney pulled this off without letting anyone know. A new trailer out of nowhere

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.