*** STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI ***

387,128 Views | 2709 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ark03
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
While I could have done without all the Spotify playlist analyzation (seriously, those were probably put together by a couple of Lucasfilm interns), and The Beauty and the Beast comparisons were a little eye-rolling, I have to admit that's one of the first fan theory videos to truly convince me of its case. It honestly makes me look at these movies in a whole new light.

That said, while I'm 100% on board with the yin yang idea in general, I don't know if that will necessarily translate to a romantic relationship. I'm more open to the possibility than before, but that aspect isn't nearly as convincing as Rey and Kylo simply joining forces in the end, no pun intended. A new kind of order of the Force / Gray Force does seem to be what this is all building toward.

Regardless, thanks for posting!
AgMarauder04
AG
I hope there is no redemption for Kylo. He should die.

End of story.
TCTTS
AG
And he still could die in this scenario. But why not give him an ounce of redemption before ultimately having to pay for his sins, so to speak?
Malachi Constant
AG
Some guy on Reddit traveled to that location and took a picture. That's all.
Carlo4
AG
TCTTS said:

And he still could die in this scenario. But why not give him an ounce of redemption before ultimately having to pay for his sins, so to speak?

This sounds familiar....
AgMarauder04
AG
Aside from perfectly replicating Vader's end, I want to see Disney have some balls. Let him be truly evil.
Malachi Constant
AG
Prequel remake wish list:

No kids, have Anakin start as about the same age as Luke.
No convoluted intentions of the emperor, seriously, this didn't make sense at all.
Spend a little time on Darth Sidious' origin.
No green screen.
No Jar-Jar.
No "I lost the will to live", make Darth Vader kill her or accidentally cause her death.
Anakin's fall happens at the end of Episode 2. He spend all of ep. 3 as Vader.

And most importantly:
Have a writer actually write in a REASON for Anakin falling. Make the Jedi look bad.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

Aside from perfectly replicating Vader's end, I want to see Disney have some balls. Let him be truly evil.

Again my theory is:
he doesn't kill mommy like we're les to believe. He can't do it. So Snoke does it through someone else. Once Snoke has Rey he discards Kylo Ren. Kylo and Luke then team up to save Rey.
AgMarauder04
AG
I definitely think the scene in the trailer is not the same. He's not about to kill Leia.

Your theory isn't bad, and I wouldn't hate it, but have a hard time seeing Luke teaming up
vwbug
Oh I think he still dies in 9, but it will be in saving Rey.

And here is part 1 to the Rey-Kylo relationship. Makes some strong cases for why it's going to happen:
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
TCTTS said:

While I could have done without all the Spotify playlist analyzation (seriously, those were probably put together by a couple of Lucasfilm interns), and The Beauty and the Beast comparisons were a little eye-rolling, I have to admit that's one of the first fan theory videos to truly convince me of its case. It honestly makes me look at these movies in a whole new light.

That said, while I'm 100% on board with the yin yang idea in general, I don't know if that will necessarily translate to a romantic relationship. I'm more open to the possibility than before, but that aspect isn't nearly as convincing as Rey and Kylo simply joining forces in the end, no pun intended. A new kind of order of the Force / Gray Force does seem to be what this is all building toward.

Regardless, thanks for posting!

His voice and over inflection drives me nuts - like I'm a 10 year old and he is trying to get the point across. yeah dude...I get it.

thats said....he had some really really really good points - watched both parts you can find the link to the first one if you go to the youtube page for it. I agree the Disney and music stuff was a bit over the top - but maybe not wrong. But other things were very much spot on.

Particularly regarding this possible redemption of Kylo he points out that SW has never been about killing evil, about becoming the level of bad you need to be to defeat it but about redemption and overcoming it without stopping to that level.

Luke would not kill Vader no matter what - and he had killed Obi Wan and Mace Windu and children and was responsible for Padme's death.

a. Luke repeatedly said there was good in Vader
b. Padme on her deathbed said there was still good in him
c. and Leia said about Kylo "there is still light in him i know it"

That and the stuff from the novelizations about them having a connection, all the imagery and parallels with the yin and the yang stuff was really good. And then the small little hints dropped here and there in interviews about romance, etc....Although I also am not sure its a typical romantic type of thing. They very much apparently have a connection and even Kylo knows who she is for sure although they have never met - also the dream stuff was interesting.

Definitely makes you look at their scenes together and what is unspoken between them with a different light. There was some intensity for sure, but also a connection and interesting phrasing. Also they both had opportunities to kill the other and didn't....why?

TCTTS
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

AgMarauder04 said:

Again my theory is:
he doesn't kill mommy like we're les to believe. He can't do it. So Snoke does it through someone else. Once Snoke has Rey he discards Kylo Ren. Kylo and Luke then team up to save Rey.

Ooooh, I like that. Then what if the final scene of TLJ is Kylo approaching Luke, Luke's lightsaber in hand (that Kylo retrieved from Rey just before she was captured), and he extends it to Luke in much the same way Rey did in the final moment of TFA.

Roll credits.

(also, no need to spoil-tag guesses/theories)
vwbug
I agree, that would be an incredible ending. This movie can't get here soon enough. It's going to be incredible.
redline248
AG
Blatant Disregard said:

No convoluted intentions of the emperor, seriously, this didn't make sense at all.
No green screen.
No Jar-Jar.
No "I lost the will to live", make Darth Vader kill her or accidentally cause her death.

And most importantly:
Have a writer actually write in a REASON for Anakin falling. Make the Jedi look bad.

She has to live long enough for Leia to actually have memories of her like she tells Luke in Jedi.
redline248
AG
Will you think it's incredible when none of it happens the way predicted in this thread?
redline248
AG
I watched the first 4 mins of that part 1 video (I may watch the rest, not sure yet...it's soooo long). He uses Boyega's interview saying that Finn doesn't have any romantic interest in Rey. That is complete bs. Finn had the hots for her right off the bat.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
redline248 said:

I watched the first 4 mins of that part 1 video (I may watch the rest, not sure yet...it's soooo long). He uses Boyega's interview saying that Finn doesn't have any romantic interest in Rey. That is complete bs. Finn had the hots for her right off the bat.

No...he was saying there was not a romance to their relationship - it kinda needs to be 2 sided for that.

Yes he had an interest but was certainly shot down flat numerous times on that - she called him out on holding her hands, told him it was none of his business when he asked if she had a boyfriend, etc.

It was a distraction really for the audience to get all worked about - and they did.

SpreadsheetAg
AG
TCTTS said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

AgMarauder04 said:

DAside from perfectly replicating Vader's end, I want to see Disney have some balls. Let him be truly evil.

Again my theory is:

Ooooh, I like that. Then what if the final scene of TLJ is Kylo approaching Luke, Luke's lightsaber in hand (that Kylo retrieved from Rey just before she was captured), and he extends it to Luke in much the same way Rey did in the final moment of TFA.

Roll credits.

(also, no need to spoil-tag guesses/theories)
People have complained about it before... just want to spare myself. I don't read spoilers but I like to guess my own theories.
Jason Ag
AG
redline248 said:

Blatant Disregard said:

Prequel remake wish list.

She has to live long enough for Leia to actually have memories of her like she tells Luke in Jedi.

I agree, but do we want to start listing problems with the prequels on this thread? Could take the rest of the year.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
oldarmyag08 said:

redline248 said:

Blatant Disregard said:

I agree, but do we want to start listing problems with the prequels on this thread? Could take the rest of the year.
1. Midichlorians
2. Sand
3. Green screens
4. Intergalactic trade route disputes
5. Jar Jar
6. Heartbreak = Death
7. "I have the high ground!"
Duncan Idaho
SpreadsheetAg said:

oldarmyag08 said:

redline248 said:

Blatant Disregard said:

1. Midichlorians
2. Sand
3. Green screens
4. Intergalactic trade route disputes
5. Jar Jar
6. Heartbreak = Death
7. "I have the high ground!"

8. So much walking and talking
9. Trade negotiations
bangobango
AG
Always cracks me up what some of these youtubers consider "confirmed" or "undeniable." Lot of outside material that some may consider spoilers in that video, btw.
bangobango
AG
Blatant Disregard said:

No green screen.
No Jar-Jar.

And most importantly:
I always thought that they should have picked up with Anakin already in his thirties with Luke and Leia one to three years old or around there. Show some scenes with Anakin playing with them and being a good dad.

Also thought it was dumb how they wanted the emperor and the empire to be some hidden thing. I wish they would have just had the empire some force that invaded from "outside" the realm of the republic. It could have been a thing that was building. Show Anakin as a badass fighter pilot in his thirties. He has a wife and kid. First movie starts with first battles against invading force of the empire

Jedi Order in my movie would not be so formal. Much smaller and much looser organization. Anakin would be identified by a jedi in first movie and somehow work out Obi Wan training him. They trained Luke in a few months. I don't know why they do that and then try to show us kids getting trained from 5 to adulthood or whatever. Just have Obi wan put him through the paces similar to what he does with Luke. It doesn't have to be joining the damn priesthood.

You have a republic fighting the empire, but it's still a republic. There isn't his strong central command structure. Each planet is essentially responsible for it's own defense. They work together, but it's not great coordination or anything. Something threatens Anakin's home and family and the Republic or whatever is in charge makes decisions that essentially write off his family and home as expendable - they make no effort to save them and even abandon them. Anakin then starts using the force to save his family, but in the course of doing so he 1. uses the dark side of the force; and 2. murders or kills members of the republic that try to stop him. You need some guy on the Republic that is on the "good side" but he is a bad guy. Maybe he has some personal animosity with Anakin or maybe he is just too ridgid and rule following, but anyways, this is kind of the main antagonist in this thing. He is going to somehow end up killing Anakin's wife and stealing away the wife and kids.

The empire has standing order that anybody that swears allegiance to the empire will be spared and can even fight for the side of the empire to earn land, money, etc.. Losing his wife and kids and being a fugitive, Anakin begins fighting for the empire against the Republic. He is a prolific fighter pilot and achieves great victories, rising through the ranks until such time as he catches the Emperor's notice. The emperor begins taking an interest in Anakin, maybe even training him in the dark side of the force. Anakin earns lands and riches from conquered territories while serving the Emperor. He becomes a Lord of a planet and is given its castle. Anakin eventually earns a great boon, maybe for being the key cog in the final victor over the republic. The emperor agrees to grant him any wish, and Anakin tells him that all he wants is to get his children back.

The emperor knows where the kids are and sends Anakin there. Maybe it was a trap the antagonist guy set from the beginning. Sent a spy to intentionally get captured, tortured, and killed with the hopes of luring Anakin out and killing him (wasting somebody's life as a means to an end). Somehow Obi Wan is having to fight on the "good side" (the antagonist's side) and is there to intercept Anakin. They duke it out and Anakin ends up falling into a pit of molten lava, burning much of his body. He is saved and taken back to the emperor, who creates the Vader that we know today. The trauma from the fall completely sends Vader over the edge "NOOOOOOOOOO!" and he becomes a megabadass, leading strike teams to completely eradicate the remaining Jedi Order. We see Vader as a super badass at this point, like the end of Rogue One. At some point he has some big time showdown with antagonist guy and kills him, thus effectively ending the Republic for good.

The kids are hidden once again, this time by Obi Wan, and this time separated so that they are not so easily identifiable. It is stupid as **** to hide one with Anakin's brother and then make the other royalty, but I don't guess you can retcon those decisions. Obi Wan and Yoda go into hiding like *****es. Fin.

Man, that was a lot longer than I intended to write. Just got going and couldn't find a good stopping point.

My main point, is I think they should have made Vader older, make the fighting last longer (like ten years) and give a lot more gravitas to his fall to the dark side.
redline248
AG
Making Vader older, or aware of his kid, would be incongruous with the original trilogy. Obi-Wan says "a young Jedi" in reference to Vader in the original. Then he tells Luke they hid him and Leia from Anakin. Not to mention Vader wasn't aware of the twin sister until Jedi.

Not that Lucas cared too much about continuity anyway
bangobango
AG
redline248 said:

Making Vader older, or aware of his kid, would be incongruous with the original trilogy. Obi-Wan says "a young Jedi" in reference to Vader in the original. Then he tells Luke they hid him and Leia from Anakin.

Not that Lucas cared too much about continuity anyway
Dang.
redline248
AG
I mean, there are some good ideas in there.
bangobango
512Ag
AG
My son's 5th birthday was this past weekend, and one of his friends gave him one of those Playskool Galactic Heroes Star Wars toys.

It's a First Order AT-ST. It came with a storm trooper figure and Finn in his FO disguise. The arms snap off of Finn so he can hook into the controls of the AT-ST. I know it's just a little kid toy, but I'm wondering if this means we'll see Finn blow stuff up with a scout walker.
The Collective
AG
He must have really pissed off Chewie.
The Collective
AG

I know we discussed this quite a bit with TFA, but aren't the musical cues here are biggest hints leading into TLJ.
FarmerJohn
AG
Quote:

I wish they would have just had the empire some force that invaded from "outside" the realm of the republic.
From the beginning it was setup as ancient Rome in space. But there was a lot of wasted action in the beginning and in the end not enough Vader and Emperor. I think that's why everyone went ape over the Rogue One Vader wrecking shop scene.
The Collective
AG
Yea, they fumbled the "turning" scene so poorly. It was so rushed, and then you get a cool shot of Anakin going to kick some ass.... but you end up with the hint of him killing children and then slaughtering some flying dudes and those idiotic trade federation guys. They should have at least let Anakin force choke the hell out of Jar Jar in front of Padme.

Order 66 montage was pretty cool, but it was also a stress test in how many images the Lucasfilm CGI computers could render within a 3 minute scene.
Flashdiaz
AG
CJS4715 said:

Yea, they fumbled the "turning" scene so poorly. It was so rushed, and then you get a cool shot of Anakin going to kick some ass.... but you end up with the hint of him killing children and then slaughtering some flying dudes and those idiotic trade federation guys. They should have at least let Anakin force choke the hell out of Jar Jar in front of Padme.

Order 66 montage was pretty cool, but it was also a stress test in how many images the Lucasfilm CGI computers could render within a 3 minute scene.
exactly. Such a wasted opportunity. Should have been badass to see Anakin\Darth Vader back in the Jedi temple fighting off Jedi's (grown ones and not kids) but they completely cut this out. Instead they have him kill children and defenseless bureaucrats.
chjoak
AG
Was discussed earlier in this or maybe in the other SW thread but it would be cool if Disney would go back after 9 is done and maybe after the Han Solo and potential Obi Wan movies and redo the prequels and maybe even add in a Vader specific movie that bridges the 10-15 yr gap between the prequels and Rogue One.

SW1 - Get rid of the politics, JarJar and the huge age gap between Anakin and Padme. Find Anakin, recognize his power, start training. Movie transitions from young (8-9 yr) Anakin from former SW1 to Padewan Anakin from SW2. Maybe end new SW1 with Anakin becoming a full Jedi.
SW2 - Show Anakin's decent into the dark side. End SW2 with Anakin turning.
SW3 - Full transition to Vader, death of Padme, Obi Wan taking Luke & Leia into hiding. Vader starting his hunt of all Jedi.
Vader transition movie - just a full movie of Vader's badassery. Fill in the 10-15 yrs with some visuals of just how awesome Vader is/was.
The Collective
AG
I really hope that they just move on from that era. Working in that time period is going to be dicey from a canon perspective anyway, and I'd hate if they do a film with Vader post BBQ and no James Earl Jones. He is 86.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.