*** STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI ***

377,460 Views | 2709 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ark03
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The Phantom Menace begs to differ.
MGS
Cromagnum said:

Meh, Rey is a Palpatine. YouTube said so.

So lightsabre combat form is genetic?
Flashdiaz
AG
MGS said:

Cromagnum said:

Meh, Rey is a Palpatine. YouTube said so.

So lightsabre combat form is genetic?
ha... a better argument would be whoever trained Palpatine trained Rey at a young age.

or maybe it's just because she's used to fighting with her staff and it's hard to swing a staff around rather than just poking stabs due to the length.
Cromagnum
AG
I'm excited for this, but I think I'm even more hyped for Infinity War now.
Ark03
AG
I got free tix for 12/14! I'll call this a pre-screening to see if my 8 year old can watch it.
Flashdiaz
AG
Ark03 said:

I got free tix for 12/14! I'll call this a pre-screening to see if my 8 year old can watch it.
Nice! I'm pre-screening for my 7yr old as well. I prescreen all Star Wars movies.... it's what a dutiful father does.
bedofbrass33
AG
Saul Goodman said:

Didn't find his character compelling. His look was very "CG", and as the big bad, he should have an element of realism. Being a hologram isn't itself lame, but the execution of him was. He looked to belong more in a Harry Potter movie than Star Wars.

I absolutely do not understand this complaint at all. A hologram, by definition, is a CG projection

I have never heard anyone complain about the lack of photorealism of any other Star Wars comm holograms.

Plus blowing up a grainy hologram even further is going to make it look even less realistic.

Where they screwed up was not making it the standard blue hologram like all the others depicted in Star Wars.
Flashdiaz
AG
bedofbrass33 said:

Saul Goodman said:

Didn't find his character compelling. His look was very "CG", and as the big bad, he should have an element of realism. Being a hologram isn't itself lame, but the execution of him was. He looked to belong more in a Harry Potter movie than Star Wars.

I absolutely do not understand this complaint at all. A hologram, by definition, is a CG projection

I have never heard anyone complain about the lack of photorealism of any other Star Wars comm holograms.

Plus blowing up a grainy hologram even further is going to make it look even less realistic.

Where they screwed up was not making it the standard blue hologram like all the others depicted in Star Wars.
agree. If anything complain about the fact that it's a needlessly huge hologram when a smaller one would suffice. Then again, it could be explained away as Snoke wanting his presence visually felt to his subordinates... like executives do with higher chairs and large desks.
Saul Goodman
AG
bedofbrass33 said:

Saul Goodman said:

Reread my post. You literally just agreed with what I said. It being a hologram wasn't the problem, it was the execution. The OT holograms worked because like you said, they were blue and the depictions felt very real.
TXAG 05
AG
Wasn't the hologram of the emperor the first time we see him pretty big?
jbsj9698
AG

Yep
TCTTS
AG
Damn it. Forgot about that. Kind of makes me respect the choice a little more in TFA.
The Collective
AG
jbsj9698 said:

Yep

What is thy bidding, my master
The Collective
AG
Mark on GMA
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quick poll for today.

Who'd you rather see in TLJ, Obi-Wan or Yoda?
OnlyForNow
AG
Who is the actor playing OB
Mathguy64
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quick poll for today.

Qui-Gon. Because Qui-Gon is a bad bad man.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
For the purposes of this poll, let's say a perfectly rendered blend of Ewan McGregor and Alec Guinness' faces.
The Collective
AG
IDK, but they have a guy who can do a hell of a voice impersonation of the Alec Guinness Kenobi from Rebels.
toucan82
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quick poll for today.

Jar Jar
OnlyForNow
AG
OB then.
jokershady
AG
Obi-wan cause I'm still convinced Rey is a Kenobi
Silvertaps
AG
Stuck watching this Disney Christmas special on ABC so my wife-to-be can see Hanson.
At least a new Star Wars tv spot and Mark Hamel will be something for me to look forward to
Silvertaps
AG
A few new scenes...and assume Poe is flying a new sort of X-Wing?
That new star destroyer looks glorious!
The Collective
AG
They showed more new footage?
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Better quality...

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Two weeks!
wangus12
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
13 days if you're going opening night.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This is legitimately great.

wangus12
AG
Was just coming to post that video
redline248
AG
I've decided I'm not watching anymore Star Wars videos/trailers for the next 2 weeks.
AliasMan02
AG
redline248 said:

I've decided I'm not watching anymore Star Wars videos/trailers for the next 2 weeks.

Yep
The Collective
AG
redline248 said:

I'm there at this point as well.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.