*** STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI ***

387,311 Views | 2709 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ark03
Flashdiaz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CJS4715 said:

I really hope that they just move on from that era. Working in that time period is going to be dicey from a canon perspective anyway, and I'd hate if they do a film with Vader post BBQ and no James Earl Jones. He is 86.
they really should get him to say a bunch of one-liners for future use.
twilly
AG
Surprised this wasn't posted...
MandoArms
I just finished listening to " Leia Princess of Alderaan" and I am interested to see how Laura Dern plays Amilyn Holdo.

In the book, set a few years before the Battle of Yavin, Holdo seems to be a very interesting character. The book outlines how here and Leia were close as young senators. I am curious where they will take this character.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Flashdiaz said:

CJS4715 said:

Yea, they fumbled the "turning" scene so poorly. It was so rushed, and then you get a cool shot of Anakin going to kick some ass.... but you end up with the hint of him killing children and then slaughtering some flying dudes and those idiotic trade federation guys. They should have at least let Anakin force choke the hell out of Jar Jar in front of Padme.

Order 66 montage was pretty cool, but it was also a stress test in how many images the Lucasfilm CGI computers could render within a 3 minute scene.
exactly. Such a wasted opportunity. Should have been badass to see Anakin\Darth Vader back in the Jedi temple fighting off Jedi's (grown ones and not kids) but they completely cut this out. Instead they have him kill children and defenseless bureaucrats.
I see what both of you are saying, but I really don't think Lucas wanted us to be rooting for Anakin in that moment. He knew exactly what he wanted you to feel.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
twilly said:

Surprised this wasn't posted...

Mark. Expert-level troll.
The Collective
AG
Flashdiaz said:

We have the only one we need though, I suppose.

americathegreat1492
Anakin's turn was definitely dicked up, largely because it just didn't feel like he should have. It didn't help that the character was so unlikeable. The idea was decent, turn to save your loved one(s). The execution was just terrible. If Rey goes dark or Kylo light I pray it feels legitimate.
Liquid Wrench
At least Ani never lost the will to live.
jr15aggie
AG
americathegreat1492 said:

Anakin's turn was definitely dicked up, largely because it just didn't feel like he should have. It didn't help that the character was so unlikeable. The idea was decent, turn to save your loved one(s). The execution was just terrible

So the line, "no, it's because I'm so in love with you" didn't convince you Anakin would do anything for Padme. Of course later he choked her out...

My son had me watch ROTS the other day and it has only gotten worse with time. I think I prefer Phantom Menace of all the prequals now.
512Ag
AG
jr15aggie said:

My son had me watch ROTS the other day and it has only gotten worse with time. I think I prefer Phantom Menace of all the prequals now.

The Collective
AG
That happens with the prequels. I always think the one that I saw most recently was the worst one.
jbsj9698
AG
They are all terrible. I used to try to make excuses, but the prequels just suck. There are some neat moments; i.e. the Darth Maul duel (However, that may be due to John Williams more than anyone), but there is not enough for me to want to watch them again.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Decent re-edit of the prequels into a single 2:45 movie here....

I have some quibbles with it - should have left more Grievous in the end, improved the Ani/Padme love story but still left the sand line (lol), left out the Clone world Kamino completely and no fight with Jango - but overall it is a huge improvement on the originals.

I can watch this without feeling like I'm going to vomit.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ah yes, the monthly prequel debate. Guess it's that time.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Blame TNT/TBS..... every time they re-run them it seems like someone sees them has a similar reaction and posts about it.
americathegreat1492
God don't get me started on the dialogue.

What would have been really neat though would have been if Anakin had turned mostly on his own. Say in movie 2, things aren't going so well for the republic in the civil war. He goes in search of hidden force knowledge, anything to give him an edge. He finds dark side techniques that would be helpful and convinces himself it's for the greater good and he'll only use it when he needs it. Obi Wan finds out after the fact and has an argument with Anakin about it but doesn't report it to the council because Anakin is his friend. Anakin keeps using these techniques but finds himself growing angry and irritable. Eventually has Padme dead dream and that's when he doesn't go just in search of hidden knowledge, but actual dark side users.

Not sure why I thought I should type all that up but there it is.
The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

What debate?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
CJS4715 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

What debate?

basically which one is worst.
redline248
AG
BernArnold said:

CJS4715 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

What debate?

basically which one is worst.

It's 2
TCTTS
AG
Know Your Enemy
AG
CJS4715 said:

Flashdiaz said:

This...is CNN.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
MGS
Junkhead said:

CJS4715 said:

Flashdiaz said:

This...is CNN.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Oops, same video from the link above. My bad.
bedofbrass33
AG
Everyone saying Anakin's fall was abrupt needs to watch the Clone Wars cartoon. It is abrupt in the films but the cartoon adds depth.

It isn't great cinema but it does a good job of showing situations during the Clone Wars were Anakin stepped over the line to the dark side to complete a mission, to protect his padawan, or just because of his inherently emotional and reckless nature.

There are specific instances where using the dark side is actually the right thing to do to save one or more lives.

Also, there are several good scenes where Palpatine is obviously pushing Anakin to be more emotional, question authority, and use unconventional methods the Jedi Council frowns on.
redline248
AG
Quote:

There are specific instances where using the dark side is actually the right thing to do to save one or more lives.
wut
AliasMan02
AG
The best thing about TCW was that it made me give a **** about Anakin.
TCTTS
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BauxC5XBBts
TCTTS
AG
Flashdiaz
AG
hmmmm. Luke with a blue saber. So many questions...
twilly
AG
Ok...need the groups opinion here.

Just got my copy of The Last Jedi DS theatrical poster. Except for the original Star Wars, I have 27" x 40" theatrical prints for all the movies, including Rogue One and The Clone Wars movie.

I've used a gold chrome frame on all of the posters due to their dark/space-like borders, that is except for the original movie. I used a black frame because it has a white boundary.

So what to do with The Last Jedi? Definitely a different motif that any of the other movies. Do I go with gold chrome, black, or go daring and use a red frame?

I'm open to suggestions here so fire away!
TCTTS
AG
Got any pics of the others? Would help to compare frames.
twilly
AG
TCTTS said:

Got any pics of the others? Would help to compare frames.
I can snap some shots tonight after the kids go into sugar coma.
The Collective
AG
Any chance the poster release signals an international trailer this week?
TCTTS
AG
International trailer hit in the past few days. Only one new shot, and the rest is a combination of the domestic teaser trailer and trailer. It wasn't even worth posting. I'm sure we'll see additional international trailers in the future, though.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.