*** STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI ***

387,471 Views | 2709 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ark03
kraut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dromo07 said:

not sure if spoiler but

I have seen a couple of places saying that there will be a time jump during the movie. I wonder what purpose it serves? will it be to further Reys training with less screen time? Maybe a Rocky working out montage and Kylo on the flip side of it
This will only be OK if John Williams incorporates "Eye of the Tiger" in this next movie's score!
NColoradoAG
dromo07 said:

not sure if spoiler but

I have seen a couple of places saying that there will be a time jump during the movie. I wonder what purpose it serves? will it be to further Reys training with less screen time? Maybe a Rocky working out montage and Kylo on the flip side of it
I believe there is a consensus that there will be a lot of jumping back to when Kylo goes to the dark side and the story of the Knights of Ren
jeffk
AG
dromo07 said:

not sure if spoiler but

I'm okay with this as long as the montage is set to "Getting Stronger."
Flashdiaz
AG
dromo07 said:

not sure if spoiler but

it's ok, we're used to jumping around:

Episode 4
Episode 5
Episode 6
Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Clone Wars (set in between episode 2 and 3)
Rebels (set in between episode 3 and 4, actually between episode 3 and Rogue One)
Episode 7
Rogue one (Set after Episode 3 and Rebels, before Episode 4)
Episode 8
Han Solo solo film (set before Episode 4)
Episode 9

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
RO,4,5,1,2,3,6,7
AgMarauder04
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

RO,4,5,1,2,3,6,7
Capitol Ag
AG
jeffk said:

dromo07 said:

not sure if spoiler but

I'm okay with this as long as the montage is set to "Getting Stronger."
Does it show Rey training in the cold in a barn and Kylo using an 80's state of the art gym and getting injected with steroids? That'd be awesome!
vwbug
Hearts on fire!!
Capitol Ag
AG
vwbug said:

Hearts on fire!!
Yes! For the win!
Belton Ag
AG
vwbug said:

Hearts on fire!!
I like it. And can we please include this droid in the movie?

FightnFarmerUSMC
AG
This thread about my favorite movie franchise has taken a weird turn into my 2nd favorite movie franchise.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Kylo's helmet needs to stay on as much as possible
DannyDuberstein
AG
Flashdiaz
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Kylo's helmet needs to stay on as much as possible
ummm...

DannyDuberstein
AG
I know. I'm hoping he can swing by the Galactic Bad Guy Helmet store and get another one quickly. I'm just hoping to avoid the morph from menacing to emo that TFA saw.
Urban Ag
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

I know. I'm hoping he can swing by the Galactic Bad Guy Helmet store and get another one quickly. I'm just hoping to avoid the morph from menacing to emo that TFA saw.
This. He can only pull it off with the mask. The mask comes off and it's just another hipster. Still think this was the worst casting choice for 7-9. Well, along with Weasley/Hux/Hitler wannabe.
Flashdiaz
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Maybe he'll put on the Darth Vader burned mask to piss off Luke.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, I thought the "casting" for the helmet design and voice were cool. Menacing without being a total Vader knockoff. But then an emo shampoo commercial emerged. It was a little like having beer goggles wear off.
The Collective
AG
I like emo Organa-Skywalker-Solo.
easttexasaggie04
AG
I tend to agree. Kylo Ren came off a little bratty. Keep the helmet on, bro.
The Collective
AG
Of course he is bratty. He grew up the son of royalty, has daddy issues, and his granddaddy was a Sith Lord who could have ruled the galaxy if Ben's uncle would have chosen a different path. He is the perfect villain for the Millennial Star Wars fan.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
At least he has an 8-pack.
Saul Goodman
AG
I liked Kylo Ren - good change of pace for a villain. I wouldn't have wanted a Darth Vader knock-off.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

I tend to agree. Kylo Ren came off a little bratty. Keep the helmet on, bro.
To be fair, his granddad and presumed uncle both uttered "it's not fair!" In bratty tantrums as well.
jackie childs
DannyDuberstein said:

agreed...I also hope he supersizes it like this:

Carlo4
AG
"KYLO!!!!!!!!"

ChipFTAC01
AG
I want to see Rey chasing a chicken
DannyDuberstein
AG
You're gonna eat lightning, and you're gonna crap midichlorians!!!!

Urban Ag
AG
CJS4715 said:

Of course he is bratty. He grew up the son of royalty, has daddy issues, and his granddaddy was a Sith Lord who could have ruled the galaxy if Ben's uncle would have chosen a different path. He is the perfect villain for the Millennial Star Wars fan.
You know, I didn't think of it that way. Not sure it changes anything for me, but it's a fair point.

Love me some Kylo Ren and hot chocolate

boboguitar
AG
A decent theory on rey's parents.

TL;DR: Her parent(s) were being trained by luke along side ren and were killed by ren himself. Luke dropped her off on jakku to hide her from ren and to end the jedi order. You have an obi-wan type figure nearby to watch over her as well. Presumably, one of her parents earned the right by merit to wield vaders lightsaber who Ren think's is his by birthright.
Ulrich
I started to criticize this theory based on the ages of the characters and then I realized that a character roughly my age, as Kylo Ren probably is, has in fact been an adult long enough for that to be feasible. Dammit.
bobinator
AG
A lot of that video is "yeah, obviously..." but there's some interesting points in there
Urban Ag
AG
I'm not sure I understand the lighsaber theory but I have been thinking for awhile that it makes the most sense that Luke took Rey to Jakku to hide her. It would also tie in why the old guy with the map was on Jakku, coincidentally, only miles from where Rey was.

IIRC, Kylo seemed to have some faint recollection of Rey which would make sense if he had possibly seen her as a small child. Maybe when the Knights of Ren slaughtered the Jedi in training he spared her life or was hidden.

Also starting to think that Rey is neither a Kenobi or a Skywalker and all the speculation is just a seat on the hype train. Nope Rey, your dad was a plumber of Coruscant and your mom taught 4th grade social studies.
Belton Ag
AG
boboguitar said:

TL;DR: Her parent(s) were being trained by luke along side ren and were killed by ren himself. Luke dropped her off on jakku to hide her from ren and to end the jedi order. You have an obi-wan type figure nearby to watch over her as well. Presumably, one of her parents earned the right by merit to wield vaders lightsaber who Ren think's is his by birthright.
I've posted this in the main Star Wars thread at least twice, but I'll say it here too. This theory is plausible to me, however I have a hard time reconciling the fact that Luke would leave her with Unkar Plutt. Unkar Plutt is a villain; he sells Rey out the to the First Order as soon as he can. It's further demonstrated in a deleted scene from TFA where Chewie tears his arm off after he tracks her down on Takodana and tries to capture her.

If this turns out to be true, I hope there is a good explanation as to why Luke would leave the only heir to the Jedi, who happens to be an innocent little girl, with a dangerous villain like Unkar Plutt.
Flashdiaz
AG
Belton Ag said:

boboguitar said:

I've posted this in the main Star Wars thread at least twice, but I'll say it here too. This theory is plausible to me, however I have a hard time reconciling the fact that Luke would leave her with Unkar Plutt. Unkar Plutt is a villain; he sells Rey out the to the First Order as soon as he can. It's further demonstrated in a deleted scene from TFA where Chewie tears his arm off after he tracks her down on Takodana and tries to capture her.

If this turns out to be true, I hope there is a good explanation as to why Luke would leave the only heir to the Jedi, who happens to be an innocent little girl, with a dangerous villain like Unkar Plutt.

that's where I get caught up with it too, who would leave a small girl with Unkar Plutt?

It could be that at this point Luke doesn't care about the 'heir' to the Jedi since he thinks they should end. Perhaps he had to choose someone completely unsuspecting because Kylo is family and probably knows all of Luke's associates.... still, Unkar is a pretty bad choice.

also, they've always said these episodes are about Skywalkers. If Rey isn't one of them, that means Kylo is the only one left. Perhaps the death of his mother at the hands of the first order will bring him to the light.... a reversal of what pushed Anakin to the dark side.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.