*** STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI ***

382,857 Views | 2709 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ark03
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Veeerrry intersting.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
redline248 said:

Interesting visuals on this display

RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

redline248 said:

Interesting visuals on this display

There's two Luke Skywalkers?!
1.It's a big twist.
2. Play on Jedi (plural bc there's two of them even though Luke Ka the only one).
3. Good and bad were in Luke and the manifested themselves into separate human entities like Adam Warlock?
4. Marketing genius! They'll double the amount of Luke Skywalker merchandise. Profit!

J/K that would be stupid.
redline248
AG
My guess is it's just part of his whole "the Jedi need to end" deal. He's maybe come to a certain point of view that there is no good or evil, just the force. Non force users can be good or bad depending on the choices they make. Same with the Jedi/Sith/whatever snoke is.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
redline248
AG
Ha, Johnson is amazing
OnlyForNow
AG
Who/what is under the AR in WARS on ththe dark side?
512Ag
AG
Pretty sure that's Hux.
Dro07
AG
So they are showing the "dark" luke in the main poster if you go by the new marketing tweet... interesting
MGS
SpreadsheetAg said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

[VIDEO]
Back to Page 37
At 1:50 is she diving down into a darkside cave underwater? ("Your weapons, you will not need them")?

Is she confronting Force-Shade Snoke in the cave?
I think it's the same cave Thor went to in Age of Ultron.
Urban Ag
AG
redline248 said:

Ha, Johnson is amazing
wut?
redline248
AG
Urban Ag said:

redline248 said:

Ha, Johnson is amazing
wut?

Don't go general board on this thread.
Carlo4
AG
Flashdiaz said:

unfounded theory time.

Rey and her raw force abilities caused the destruction of Luke's Jedi Academy. Burying him in rubble.
A couple of the 'good' guys were going to kill Rey because she was too strong, but Kylo intervenes:

and saves her.

My theory to tack on...

And her mind was wiped by Luke/Leia and flown to Jakku . Kylo intervened because he's in love with Rey. They were dating/secretly married. Empire dropped the MOAB with Vader. That's my wild theory.

The way Han looked at her throughout the movie proved he knew her and was keeping a secret. Her knowledge of how to fix the Falcon, to me, means she was part of the crew/family before Han lost the Falcon.

Might explain why Leia passed Chewie to go see Rey first and made everyone mad.... deliberate as daughter in law trumps friend.
The Collective
AG
Kylo was in love with Rey when she was a child? That might be a little weird, but I guess it's like the reverse of the Anakin / Padme situation.
The Collective
AG
PDEMDHC said:

The way Han looked at her throughout the movie proved he knew her and was keeping a secret. Her knowledge of how to fix the Falcon, to me, means she was part of the crew/family before Han lost the Falcon.

I've wondered since TFA if the Falcon ended up on Jakku as a payment... not that it was lost in a bet or was stolen (can't remember the exacts).
Carlo4
AG
Do they specify age differences between them?

I recall them saying in TFA no one saw Luke for years, and that would throw my theory down the toilet.
The Collective
AG
There is a 10 year difference between Rey/Kylo per other materials.
redline248
AG
You know, at no point in the new trailer do we see Rey with this hair style. Maybe that doesn't happen til the very end?

redline248
AG
With maybe this exception at about 1:52
redline248
AG
Another thought...

Toward the end of the trailer, when Rey says "I need someone to show me my place in all this," I'm almost certain that is going to be right at the start of the movie after handing Luke the lightsaber. They go in a cave and there's a fire or something glowing on her face. It's not the same as the embers floating all around Kylo in the very next shot of the trailer.
Flashdiaz
AG
redline248 said:

You know, at no point in the new trailer do we see Rey with this hair style. Maybe that doesn't happen til the very end?

usually when females let their hair down, it means ****s about to get real.

One line that always struck me as odd in TFA is after Rey escapes on Starkiller, Kylo says that she gets stronger by the minute? I think this implies he knows she is\was strong in the force and knows that her mind was 'erased' and knows what happens when that starts to fade.

One of the 'new' force abilities is the telekinetic ability to extract information from people. Palpatine could sense things but didn't go into people's minds. Kylo can do this but it's limited. Snoke is probably the master at this so maybe he wiped her mind and left her with a thug on Jakku. But then the question becomes why? Maybe he was waiting for her to 'awaken'.
Carlo4
AG
Yeah the love theory definitely doesn't fit a timeline like that.

Whatever happens the trailer got me hooked!
jr15aggie
AG
redline248 said:

Yes we do. When she's standing in the rain with Luke in front of her it's down. Also when she's being tortured by snoke it's like that and whipping around.

Edit:. Didn't see redlines post above, my bad redundant answer.
Dro07
AG
OHHHH Dirty Island Rey!!!
The Collective
AG
dromo07 said:

Kenobi whispers: These are your first steps.... to a slave bikini.

TCTTS
AG

Quote:

The way Han looked at her throughout the movie proved he knew her and was keeping a secret.
I don't think you quite understand what the word "proved" means.
TCTTS
AG
80s Guy
CJS4715 said:

dromo07 said:

Kenobi whispers: These are your first steps.... to a slave bikini.

Go on....
The Collective
AG
Wellp...
AgMarauder04
AG
CJS4715 said:

Wellp...
Howdy.
bangobango
AG
redline248 said:

My guess is it's just part of his whole "the Jedi need to end" deal. He's maybe come to a certain point of view that there is no good or evil, just the force. Non force users can be good or bad depending on the choices they make. Same with the Jedi/Sith/whatever snoke is.
I like this.
bangobango
AG
Thought I had today, what if this trilogy is as much about setting up Kylo Ren as the next super bad as it is about Rey being the super good?

I think we are all kind of expecting some kind of redemption moment for Kylo at the end of all this, or at the very least Rey defeating and killing him, but what if the third movie has some kind of happy resolution, but Kylo escapes and is now a certified badass similar to Vader, or maybe even stronger? Maybe we get to see how he keeps making the wrong decisions that eventually lead him down the path of the darkside, and they execute this in a much more interesting and realistic manner than what they did with Vader? That sets up all the future material with a super bad that can swoop in at any moment and light up the good guys, similar to what you see with Vader in all the original trilogy material.

I also think that there is a good chance Rey flirts around with the darkside. I could see her and Ren developing some kind of relationship, maybe even romantically, and in the end Rey makes the right decisions and Ren makes the wrong decisions. This would also feed into the neutral jedi (or end of the jedi) theory many have talked about and that I really like.
AgMarauder04
AG
I really hope Luke teaches Rey that the good of the universe is more important than light side vs dark.
redline248
AG
I have zero expectation of redemption for Kylo.
Simplebay
AG
100% Kylo is not being killed in this movie.

90% Kylo is never getting redeemed

75% luke dies in this movie

60% Poe dies

55% Snoke dies

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.