*** STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI ***

377,071 Views | 2709 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ark03
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My mistake. Thought we were discussing why Luke took on the Skywalker name. I misread but always thought he'd take on his adopted parents name if hecwas being hidden.
njohn87
AG
Guys, I think I know who Snoke is

redline248
AG
For all we know, Owen and Beru were named Skywalker in '77.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
V8Aggie said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

redline248 said:

Luke will not be a scared b.tch in this movie. Come on
Remember how Mark Hamill "fundamentally disagreed with virtually every decision" Rian made about his character?

Ummm... spoiler alert!
This was all purely conjecture and clues from only watching 1-7... I don't read SW spoilers...
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

V8Aggie said:

SpreadsheetAg said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

redline248 said:

Luke will not be a scared b.tch in this movie. Come on
Remember how Mark Hamill "fundamentally disagreed with virtually every decision" Rian made about his character?

Ummm... spoiler alert!
This was all purely conjecture and clues from only watching 1-7... I don't read SW spoilers...

Remember Mark Hamill also has said on a number of occasions regarding the SW films that he had lots of terrible ideas....

for example right after saying that about Rian Johnson and TLJ he said this:

Quote:

Hamill noted that he has the utmost respect for Johnson and The Force Awakens's director, J.J. Abrams, and is pleased with how both films have turned out. He just wanted to be heard. To both directors, Hamill said, he delivered a version of this spiel: "I have thousands of really terrible ideas I would love to share with you, among which you mightjust law of averagesfind a nugget of something and go, 'That's not as terrible as the other 35 you just told us.' "

He's just an actor who thinks he knows where it should go....but it's not his film.
Liquid Wrench
CJS4715 said:

My mistake. Thought we were discussing why Luke took on the Skywalker name. I misread but always thought he'd take on his adopted parents name if hecwas being hidden.
Yeah. I wonder if that's a flaw George RRRRRRRRR Martin had in mind when he created the Jon Snow backstory.
redline248
AG
dave94
Cromagnum
AG
Meesa get revenge for you Annie.

Cromagnum
AG
Nooooooooooo

TXAG 05
AG
CJS4715 said:

You would think Vader would have been curious about his stepbrother taking in a boy named Skywalker, unless they didn't put him on their Christmas card list or something.
Liquid Wrench
He was busy hunting down rebel scum, no way he cared about his step brother back on that planet full of sand. Darth Vader HATES sand.
redline248
AG
Let's be honest, we all hate sand. I mean, it gets everywhere
jokershady
AG
Showed the preview of TLJ to my 2 sons last night...

My 6 year olds take: "Kylo Ren turns to the good side with Rey?"

Just thought I'd share the simple on-the-surface take of a die hard 6 year old fan that doesn't think about it as hard as we do.
Malachi Constant
AG
redline248
AG
Brilliant
512Ag
AG
jokershady said:

Just thought I'd share the simple on-the-surface take of a die hard 6 year old fan that doesn't think about it as hard as we do.

My 6 year old daughter asked why Chewy's eyes are weird. My 5 year old son said it looks scary and inappropriate for him.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
AggieDem said:

jokershady said:

My 6 year old daughter asked why Chewy's eyes are weird. My 5 year old son said it looks scary and inappropriate for him.

He's angry about Han obviously...and suffering from PTSD.

Give the wookie a break.
Cromagnum
AG
Just leaving this here.

OnlyForNow
AG
Roses are red
Cloaks are brown
It's anikan and it's about to go down?
CoachRTM
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Roses are red
Cloaks are brown
It's anikan and it's about to go down?

"High ground"
TCTTS
AG
I think it's something about "higher ground" but it's not even remotely obvious.
jac4
AG
Cromagnum said:

Just leaving this here.

Luke is Snoke?
OnlyForNow
AG
So this is a thought I've had... and it's only a thought, but what if Snoke is Luke's dark side alter ego... could he project that into the castle on Mustafar and into a potentially physical being?

Is there anything in book lore like that?
3rdGen2015
AG
TCTTS said:

I think it's something about "higher ground" but it's not even remotely obvious.

It's "I have the high ground" and is obvious because it's a meme
TCTTS
AG
As a Star Wars fan and someone who knows the line, a generic promo pic of Anakin under the word "It's" and a red line, but above a picture of Obi-Wan presumably saying the line, is pretty damn murky. Whoever made that did a super ****ty job of conveying the message. Heck, I still don't understand exactly what it's saying and it sounds like I'm not alone.
Cave Johnson, CEO
AG
TCTTS said:

As a Star Wars fan and someone who knows the line, a generic promo pic of Anakin under the word "It's" and a red line, but above a picture of Obi-Wan presumably saying the line, is pretty damn murky. Whoever made that did a super ****ty job of conveying the message. Heck, I still don't understand exactly what it's saying and it sounds like I'm not alone.
Roses are red
Cloaks are brown
It's over Anakin
I have the high ground

I think that's it?
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, that's gotta be it. The red line was throwing me off as something that was supposed to be spoken.
Malachi Constant
AG
Yes here is a hint for the meme:

Malachi Constant
AG
Just realized I posted the meme to this thread and not the main Star Wars thread. Fail.
JCRiley09
AG
Roses are red
Cloaks are brown
It's over darth vader
I have the high ground
redline248
AG
Obi-Wan calls him Anakin right there
JCRiley09
AG
It would have been dope if Obi Wan had called him Anakin in Ep IV... But Lucas would have needed to know the Luke/Anakin story at the time, and forfeit the father plot twist
tx1c
AG
JCRiley09 said:

It would have been dope if Obi Wan had called him Anakin in Ep IV... But Lucas would have needed to know the Luke/Anakin story at the time, and forfeit the father plot twist
A quick sidetrack:
I think it's funny how Ben calls him "Darth" as if it's a first name, but generally since then (prequel episodes in particular) it seems that the villains are referred to by the second name.
redline248
AG
tx1c said:

JCRiley09 said:

A quick sidetrack:
I think it's funny how Ben calls him "Darth" as if it's a first name, but generally since then (prequel episodes in particular) it seems that the villains are referred to by the second name.

Interesting note: In the old EU, there is a Darth Vader book written about 2010 or so told from Vader's perspective. The author writes the Death Star encounter as Vader interpreting Obi-Wan's use of "Darth" as sarcastic and mocking.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.