*** STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI ***

387,129 Views | 2709 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ark03
TexAgBolter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Dang. I just noticed the "classic" at-ats with the new walkers and how small they are.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

I think it is probably Ren and he is referencing training him.
He's talking about either Kilo the Bandito or Snoke. Luke says something like i"t didn't scare me enough then, it does now," with a flashback to the destruction of his academy (with Luke's cyber hand reaching up through the rubble). Clearly talking about a present evil.
TCTTS
AG
So if Crait is basically the new Resistance base, the below is almost assuredly the Resistance's escape from D'Qar early in the film as The First Order / Kylo attacks...

Carlo4
AG
YellowPot_97 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

The Kylo/Leia moment is from the opening sequence.
Is this you guessing or do you have some inside scoop?

My thoughts as well.
Guess it's time to check out of the Star Wars threads until mid December. People can't help but talk about stuff they know.

I made a post around page 7-9 that joked about the entire plot following Empire Strikes Back.

Reason being TFA follows ANH nearly verbatim.

That said I would bet good money on an early space battle with a landing of imperial walkers in the first 30 minutes of the movie with our main characters minus Ray on the run.
Rex Racer
AG
Why have Chewy be CGI? We've had 40 years of practical effects Chewy, and it works just fine. And isn't makeup/costume cheaper?
tamusc
AG
jr15aggie
AG
Rex Racer said:

Why have Chewy be CGI? We've had 40 years of practical effects Chewy, and it works just fine. And isn't makeup/costume cheaper?

Are we all sure it's CGI? I've paused it and it looks pretty real. If anything maybe they did some CGI on the eyes but the rest is real.
birdman
Chewie looked weird to me too.
AgMarauder04
AG
The Resistance is gonna get their ass kicked all movie long, huh?
Silvertaps
AG
Biggest take away from the trailer:
Is Ray the Star Wars version of Heisenberg...and starting to "break bad"?
wangus12
AG
I think its the eyes as well. They still have Joonas Suotamo listed and he is who has been playing the actual walking carpet during filming. Mayhew is still doing the some of the less intensive parts since he doesn't get around well anymore.
Beat40
Man, the office has a clip for any kind of reaction, emotion, or situation!
ChipFTAC01
AG
The voice?
YellowPot_97
AG
PDEMDHC said:

YellowPot_97 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

My thoughts as well.
Guess it's time to check out of the Star Wars threads until mid December. People can't help but talk about stuff they know.

I made a post around page 7-9 that joked about the entire plot following Empire Strikes Back.

That said I would bet good money on an early space battle with a landing of imperial walkers in the first 30 minutes of the movie with our main characters minus Ray on the run.

Kylo to Rey: "No, I am your brother."
Flashdiaz
AG
PDEMDHC said:

YellowPot_97 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

My thoughts as well.

it does have a lot to do with TFA and the way it ended (which mirror ANH). There's only so many ways the story can go. At it's most basic, this middle movie must show adversity for our heroes and cast their survival in doubt so it may follow ESB in it's most basic format. But i'm hopeful the similarities end there and we get through those 'similarities' within the first quarter of the movie.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If they wanted to rival the "I am your father" moment, what if, and hear me out, what if Luke killed Rey?
redline248
AG
If we're going down this route...Luke told Kylo to destroy the new academy to get him close to Snoke. Luke and Kylo are playing the long con to get first order and resistance to weaken each other before taking over the galaxy together. Kylo is going to do what he said in TFA and finish what Vader started...with Luke's help.

Rey is a convenient distraction
Flashdiaz
AG
unfounded theory time.

Rey and her raw force abilities caused the destruction of Luke's Jedi Academy. Burying him in rubble.
A couple of the 'good' guys were going to kill Rey because she was too strong, but Kylo intervenes:

and saves her.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Your new phone wallpaper.

The Collective
AG
I started to comment on other thread but then moved here. I like the theory. There is enough in TFA the movie to support that Kylo knows exactly who she is, and I realize it is even more pronounced in the novelization.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'll try to stick to this thread for TLJ-specific discussion.
vwbug
Reylo - it's happening!
jr15aggie
AG
Flashdiaz said:

unfounded theory time.

Rey and her raw force abilities caused the destruction of Luke's Jedi Academy. Burying him in rubble.
A couple of the 'good' guys were going to kill Rey because she was too strong, but Kylo intervenes:

and saves her.
Ummm.... yeah... that makes a whole lota sense and that isn't being sarcastic. Crap, yeah, considering the flashbacks we've seen from Rey and the flashbacks they've shown in the trailer. Wow, I think perhaps I've seen too much!!!!
512Ag
AG
dromo07 said:

Luke has only sensed this kinda of power before? It was fine before but this scares him? Hmmm I wonder who he could be talking about

My guess is that he's talking about himself.

3rdGen2015
AG
The music in the trailer is f'ing awesome
512Ag
AG
Yes it is! And that sync-up between the music and Rey's lightsaber sound is fantastic.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Jedi Steps is an amazing track.
tk for tu juan
gougler08
AG
Flashdiaz said:

unfounded theory time.

and saves her.
Where is that scene from?
The Shank Ag
gougler08 said:

Flashdiaz said:

unfounded theory time.

and saves her.
Where is that scene from?
TFA vision
512Ag
AG
Force vision at Maz's place.
gougler08
AG
Oh yeah...derp
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Going to guess Lucasfilm brass contacted Rian and asked him to stop talking about avoiding the trailer, and he responded like so.
3rdGen2015
AG
I skimmed the discussion from last night and didn't see anything about this, so thoughts on the short snippet of Snoke we got? I thought the effects looked really good.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.