*** STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI ***

383,146 Views | 2709 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ark03
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ha, guys, that link is nothing. There are two scenes that could be the opening, and we already know what one of them is. Rian Johnson has said publicly that the movie literally picks up directly where the last one left off, and it's not hard to connect the dots beyond that. It's basically just a "here's the situation in which the two sides were left going forward" type of post, with a tiny, tiny bit of new information.
The Collective
AG
Rian Johnson did suggest checking out until December if possible. I'll hang around though - the slow reveal is interesting, and I feel like gets me more invested into the film than I would be otherwise.
jabberwalkie09
AG
TCTTS said:

Ha, guys, that link is nothing. There are two scenes that could be the opening, and we already know what one of them is. Rian Johnson has said publicly that the movie literally picks up directly where the last one left off, and it's not hard to connect the dots beyond that. It's basically just a "here's the situation in which the two sides were left going forward" type of post, with a tiny, tiny bit of new information.

I get what you're saying, but I literally don't care. We are about four months out from release, and I get wanting to keep interest up, but I don't need more and I don't need to know more about what's going on other than where we were left at with TFA.

I'd rather enjoy the journey rather enjoy stories knowing things before I get to the theater.
Belton Ag
AG
TCTTS said:

Agreed.

Overall, it's just that nothing about her felt organic. Her only reason for existing was to basically be a random info dump, without feeling a part of the plot in any real way. I get that there needed to be an old steward of the Force or whatever in the absence of any Jedi, but there were a dozen better ways to handle that idea/character.
I think she was supposed to have a slightly different role in the film that was altered for whatever reason.

This past week I was at Disney and took in the excellent short film Path of the Jedi in the theater there next to Space Mountain. In the film, towards the end, is Maz off camera talking to Rey about the force. "It moves through and surrounds every living thing. Close your eyes... feel it... the light... it's always been there. It will guide you... let it in." They way they cut that short film using that dialog kind of helped to paint Maz in a different light and made you appreciate her character more.
AGGies0311
How reliable is Mike Zeroh? Everyday Express UK has some teaser or spoiler from him.... apparently he made a lot of predictions for TFA
The Collective
AG
He reports on almost every rumor, i think. Some of the predictions are sure to be correct.
The Collective
AG
The Collective
AG
Edit, ****, sp tags didn't work?
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
dodger02
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Who IS the last jedi?

or...

Who ARE the last jedi?
I don't hang out here, much. So, apologies for the delayed post...

But I thought this was settled with the reveal of the foreign language movie posters. The Spanish, German, etc. posters are plural.
AGGies0311
It was revealed by Snoke in TFA... he clearly states that Luke Skywalker is the Last Jedi.
dodger02
AG
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
AGGies0311 said:

It was revealed by Snoke in TFA... he clearly states that Luke Skywalker is the Last Jedi.

not only that but....the crawl said....

the foreign translations may have just assumed plural or used it by default since it was not specific.

dodger02
AG
But isn't there like 2 1/2 hours of a story being told after that crawl?

I didn't expect the subsequent paragraph to start with: "And there's this girl on a planet but you need pay her no attention. Though she has Force powers and kicks the bad guy's ass at the end, she's not really a Jedi. But, I digress..."

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
dodger02 said:

But isn't there like 2 1/2 hours of a story being told after that crawl?

I didn't expect the subsequent paragraph to start with: "And there's this girl on a planet but you need pay her no attention. Though she has Force powers and kicks the bad guy's ass at the end, she's not really a Jedi. But, I digress..."

well she is not a Jedi so.....point?

maybe she does become one, who knows. maybe she becomes something else. maybe Luke dies and then she is the last Jedi. I don't know. Just saying that crawl and what Snoke said are more direct than a foreign poster that might have been mistranslated or vague.

As far as we know in canon he is the last Jedi.
dodger02
AG
Don't argue nerd details with a guy whose handle is "Zombie John Snow".

I'm out of my element.
MandoArms
is that the "Yoda" rock from the teaser?
TCTTS
AG
Ha, yep.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, yep.
The Collective
AG
So between ROTJ and TFA - Luke has been directly called the last jedi 3 times (Yoda in ROTJ, Crawl in TFA, Snoke in TFA). Seems like some major signaling.
The Collective
AG
BrownCoat said:

is that the "Yoda" rock from the teaser?

lol, speculation is a funny thing.
MandoArms
I probably should have used a spoiler tag. Sorry guys!
americathegreat1492
Are we ever going to get a ****ing 2nd trailer? I don't know how much longer I can wait.
TCTTS
AG
October. It's always been October.
TCTTS
AG
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Looks like a Stark
amercer
AG
SpreadsheetAg said:

Looks like a Stark

That's a bad sign for his longevity....
MandoArms
Stark Wars The Last Wolf
TCTTS
AG
jokershady
AG
TCTTS said:

not sure I want to read that....want to stay in the dark
redline248
AG
I'm definitely not, nor have I been, reading anything published about this movie
The Collective
AG
I've watched plenty of fan theory videos. At this point, I know just as much as those who know nothing.
bobinator
AG
You might actually know less than someone who knows nothing...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.