*** STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI ***

387,249 Views | 2709 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ark03
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jr15aggie said:

It feels like people are over thinking the title. We can't forget that 90% of the audience are casual fans and they can't get too out there with twists, etc.

Luke is the last Jedi. There are other force users, sure, but the Jedi are 1 guy away from being extinct. He is TLJ right now. We know this already.

Agreed.

He basically wasn't in the last film....and let's be serious SW is a Skywalker story. Period.

Always was, always will be.

He is and will be the Last Jedi - he will have ultimate victory, but he will be the last.

He may die and/or sacrifice himself (ala Obi Wan - hello)....but it will be for the greater good or ultimate victory.

And it won't be until Episode IX - which ends the Skywalker story.

He won't have children, KR will also die, thus the Skywalker family line dies out.

CapCityAg89
AG
Last scene of episode 9 ... Luke, now very old, but surrounded by the students of his new school, fades away into the force ... one troubled young padawan watches with obvious pain, and perhaps a sense of betrayal. He shakes off Rey's attempts to comfort him and walks slowly the other direction .... fade to black.
Al Bula
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

every time i see footage of the new movies shooting on location and not against a green screen, I get a little more pissed about the prequels and want to go kick lucas in the nuts.
Every time I see The Force Awakens, I get a little more pissed that it is A New Hope rehashed.
The Collective
AG
RPM said:

Every time I see The Force Awakens, I get a little more pissed that it is A New Hope rehashed.

Don't make me kill you.
Al Bula
AG
Don't get me wrong, it was good but not great.

"Starkiller Base" LOL... I could create a better Star Wars Franchise Doomsday Weapon Name Generator. Starkiller Base even comes complete with whiny British officers who ineptly staff it.

Too much deus ex machina... The Falcon being on Jakku which happens to be where Han Solo's (probable) niece lives. A random bar where a midget alien keeps Skywalker's lightsabre safe. The old man who happens to have a crucial piece of the starmap also lives on Jakku.
wangus12
AG
You think Disney is just gonna stop at IX. When they have big stars in Ridley, Boyega and Isaac. They will ride the money train for a long while.

The Collective
AG
I really don't care that you dislike it - I am just mad at the thought of TFA hate/love being rehashed on this thread of happiness.
AgMarauder04
AG
Star Wars won't stop, but the "Episodes" that tell the Skywalker story will. We won't see "Episode 10, 11, 12 etc"
The Collective
AG
Disney is doing good work, but I believe they'll make me hate the Star Wars universe before it is all said and done.

Back to TLJ.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
RPM said:

Don't get me wrong, it was good but not great.

"Starkiller Base" LOL... I could create a better Star Wars Franchise Doomsday Weapon Name Generator.

Quinn
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

Star Wars won't stop, but the "Episodes" that tell the Skywalker story will. We won't see "Episode 10, 11, 12 etc"
I think there will be a 5-10 year break before they will start next trilogy that will start with Ep X.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
wangus12 said:

You think Disney is just gonna stop at IX. When they have big stars in Ridley, Boyega and Isaac. They will ride the money train for a long while.

No...I just think IX ends the SKYWALKER story....the last Jedi. Thus I don't think he dies in VIII.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

Good Morning America tweeted out a video on Monday, telling everyone to make sure they check out Tuesday's show. It states that, in honor of the franchise's 40th anniversary, that they will have a major announcement happening live on the following day's show.

The video teases that stars Mark Hamill and Daisy Ridley will be live on the show to help reveal whatever could be coming. The video also states that fans will want to "Be a part of this Force", and that the announcement is "40 years in the making."
http://comicbook.com/starwars/2017/04/10/star-wars-announcement-on-good-morning-america/
The Collective
AG
Sounds like the charity endeavor that they do.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, that makes the most sense.
MSFC Aggie
AG
CJS4715 said:

I'm not going to be able to deal with a Luke death... I hope it doesn't happen.
#JediLivesMatter
Flashdiaz
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

wangus12 said:

No...I just think IX ends the SKYWALKER story....the last Jedi. Thus I don't think he dies in VIII.

there's going to be a prequel sequel set in between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens that's going to be a love story with Kylo Ren and how he hooked up with a Princess type and got her pregnant. He turned super emo and she misplaced her will to live, but had kids before that. Thus... more Skywalkers for the future.
SeattleAgJr
RPM said:

The Falcon being on Jakku which happens to be where Han Solo's (probable) niece lives.
You mean Kenobi's granddaughter!
amercer
AG
Episode X will be 2ish years after episode IX.

Disney is making a billion dollars off each of these. They aren't taking any chances as long as they have a bunch of marketable stars to keep pumping out new main story episodes.
The Collective
AG
Do we know what Ridley's contract looks like? How many potential films is she on the hook for with Disney?
Flashdiaz
AG
CJS4715 said:

Do we know what Ridley's contract looks like? How many potential films is she on the hook for with Disney?
I"ll invite her over to my trailer and ask her... she loves Star Wars related questions.
Flashdiaz
AG
TCTTS
AG
Please tell me you don't think that's real.
Flashdiaz
AG
TCTTS said:

oh it's real. and red denim shirts are now canon.
Al Bula
AG
More exclusive photos below. Laura Dern's character is a scientist who interacts with Resistance resources, mainly fighting beasts. The Resistance fighting creature effects are not CGI.

TCTTS
AG
First official image of Benicio del Toro in TLJ just dropped as well...

The Collective
AG
I hate to do this, but Snoke's identify has been revealed...
3rdGen2015
AG
Too soon
wangus12
AG
Flashdiaz said:

TCTTS said:

Trekkies will be furious
easttexasaggie04
AG
If Luke dies we riot.
hunter2012
AG
Flashdiaz said:

TCTTS said:

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
easttexasaggie04 said:

If Chewie dies we riot.
FIFY
The Collective
AG
What does Chewie have left to live for at this point?
TXAG 05
AG
CJS4715 said:

What does Chewie have left to live for at this point?

Lumpy?
NColoradoAG
Flashdiaz said:

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.