*** STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI ***

387,190 Views | 2709 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ark03
OnlyForNow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Your switching between the use of Kylo and Ben made me confused.
ChipFTAC01
AG
I watched the first half of Rogue One on a plane twice yesterday and one of the things I took from it was the rebellion was disporiontantly made up of humans.
AliasMan02
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

I watched the first half of Rogue One on a plane twice yesterday and one of the things I took from it was the rebellion was disporiontantly made up of humans.

I mean, the galaxy is. But yep, I've always wanted more aliens involved. In RO they were pretty well stuck with what we saw in ANH.
Chipotlemonger
AG
ChipFTAC01 said:

I wouldn't mind some more aliens, and definitely an alien main character or two. I guess Chewie counts, but he's on his way out in the story I would think.

Maybe it's just like Mass Effect. The humans gotta do all the dirty work.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Yeah, thinking back it seemed like the rebellion was pretty much just humans and Mon cals. And I think a great number of Bothans but they died or something.

In the award ceremony st the end of ANH were there any non humans? Obviously it was a budget thing but from a universe perspective I don't remember ever reading about how they tried to reconcile that.
AliasMan02
AG
Well, the group on Yavin was just one cell, not the whole Rebellion. But there's not much explaining it away.
titan
S

I have an idea about Snoke, do any think it could him?

Could Snoke be that obsequious hooded figure that comes in to report to Vader in Rogue One? He even looks built a little like Snoke. We don't hear his name. It follows that an individual that has Vader's trust to the extent of being a viceroy figure around Mustafar knows an inside thing or two. It also makes sense that Snoke is going to be some kind of `left over' from the Palpatine period that survived. But a bit off the sidelines enough where any post Endor/Jakku "de-Palpafication" policies by the New Republic missed him. The figure at Mustafar is probably a Sith of some kind, if maybe only bureaucratic to Vader's base.

Anyone think this could be so? Or got a better look or know who is reporting to Vader?
AliasMan02
AG
titan said:

I have an idea about Snoke, do any think it could him?

Could Snoke be that obsequious hooded figure that comes in to report to Vader in Rogue One? He even looks built a little like Snoke. We don't hear his name. It follows that an individual that has Vader's trust to the extent of being a viceroy figure around Mustafar knows an inside thing or two. It also makes sense that Snoke is going to be some kind of `left over' from the Palpatine period that survived. But a bit off the sidelines enough where any post Endor/Jakku "de-Palpafication" policies by the New Republic missed him. The figure at Mustafar is probably a Sith of some kind, if maybe only bureaucratic to Vader's base.

Anyone think this could be so? Or got a better look or know who is reporting to Vader?

I think it's most likely that the dude on Mustafar is just a Sith cultist. If Snoke IS someone with ties to the existing canon, I assume they'll pull it from the classic trilogy.
Belton Ag
AG
Quote:

I assume they'll pull it from the classic trilogy.
The options there are few, really. I'd rather him be just Snoke, a new evil dude they introduce to the series rather than at the end of episode 9 go "Oh, so he was the love child of Lobot and Bea Arthur's character from the Star Wars Christmas Special."
AliasMan02
AG
Belton Ag said:

Quote:

The options there are few, really. I'd rather him be just Snoke, a new evil dude they introduce to the series rather than at the end of episode 9 go "Oh, so he was the love child of Lobot and Bea Arthur's character from the Star Wars Christmas Special."

I'm 100 percent in on him being a totally new character with no ties to anyone.
titan
S
I agree with you and BeltonAg both.

I would prefer him to be a new figure. However, if he is who I proposed, you give him backstory and involvement how he might "know things" but don't give him a special origin birth or such beyond that. It could be a compromise, allowing Snoke some interesting flashbacks if nothing else of the early Palpatine-Vader period.

But that possibility aside, fully agree would rather he be a new figure with a worked out character. Not Darth Plagueis, either, for example.
titan
S

By the way all, somewhat related in case any are interested ----- there is novel out that wasn't half bad about telling how those wrecks end up on Jakku that you see in "The Force Awakens".

It is called "Aftermath: Empire's End" and describes the last phase of the original Galactic Empire after Return of the Jedi. Its out now. You even learn how that bizarre outcome of an upside down super star destroyer came about. Nothing like what had guessed at the time. (Its name is Ravager) You get some idea why it has become the place Rey is living on at the time of the movie.

Flashdiaz
AG
so what are your thoughts on the fact that there is no overall grand plan or structure for episodes 8 and 9?

Initially it's a bit worrisome that it's not plotted out but Pablo brought up a good point that neither were Empire and ROTJ.... at least now there's a story group I suppose.

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2017/05/rian-johnson-and-pablo-hidalgo-clarify-how-the-story-of-the-sequel-trilogy-was-conceived.html

The Collective
AG
I'm scared about the amount of influence Colin Trevorrow is going to have on the overall story.
Malachi Constant
AG
Colin Trevorrow's total experience:

Home Base

Reality Show

Safety Not Guaranteed

Jurassic World

The Book of Henry

Jurassic World 2

Star Wars: Episode IX

I'm not sure how the story group felt comfortable entrusting something so big to a guy who hasn't really done anything outside of Jurassic World. Admittedly, "The Book of Henry" sounds interesting.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Blatant Disregard said:

Home Base

Reality Show

Safety Not Guaranteed

Jurassic World

The Book of Henry

Jurassic World 2

Star Wars: Episode IX

I'm not sure how the story group felt comfortable entrusting something so big to a guy who hasn't really done anything outside of Jurassic World. Admittedly, "The Book of Henry" sounds interesting.
On January 1, 1977, I believe this was George Lucas' experience ...

1972 THX-1138
1973 American Graffiti
The Collective
AG
I don't think it's guaranteed to suck, but it shows a whole lot of trust in him. Though, I guess the studio can always do whatever it is that they did to Rogue One.
AliasMan02
AG
The story group has tons of influence.

And while it might not be mapped, we know that the major creatives have talked through major character things, like Rey's parentage, according to JJ. And there was enough forethought from 7 to 8 for Rian to be able to make requests.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
titan said:

I agree with you and BeltonAg both.

I would prefer him to be a new figure. However, if he is who I proposed, you give him backstory and involvement how he might "know things" but don't give him a special origin birth or such beyond that. It could be a compromise, allowing Snoke some interesting flashbacks if nothing else of the early Palpatine-Vader period.

But that possibility aside, fully agree would rather he be a new figure with a worked out character. Not Darth Plagueis, either, for example.
Could he be one of the Royal "Red" Guards or a former inquisitor? It'd be a new character, and would have a history and be close enough to "know" things without being a Sith.

IIRC in Legends the Red Guards were force-attuned but never really trained outright in the Sith dogma. They probably had a handful of mild abilities to help them in combat versus a non force user, but wouldn't be a challenge at all for a Jedi or Sith.

I don't know enough about the inquisitors or their order to comment, because I've only watched the first season of Rebels, so far. However, could it be Snoke is a former "brother"?
Quote:

The Inquisitorius was an organization of Force-sensitive agents who worked for the Galactic Empire. Members of the Inquisitorius were known as Imperial Inquisitors, Inquisitors, Red Blades and sometimes even Jedi hunters.

Ezra?
The Collective
AG
I'd be shocked if they pull Ezra into the movies, but I think it'd be damn interesting if he was the bad guy. Maybe he turns after the Rebellion is forced to get dirty in Lothal.
Flashdiaz
AG
CJS4715 said:

I'd be shocked if they pull Ezra into the movies, but I think it'd be damn interesting if he was the bad guy. Maybe he turns after the Rebellion is forced to get dirty in Lothal.

Snoke is rumored to be a 7 foot non-human.... I guess Ezra could drink blue milk and hit a growth spurt.
The Collective
AG
I thought Snoke was a 4-5 foot puppet or some crap?
TCTTS
AG
Presley OBannons Sword
Belton Ag said:

Quote:

This is one of the awesomest, nerdiest things I've ever seen on this board.
cr0wbar
AG
Blatant Disregard said:

Safety Not Guaranteed

Duncan Idaho
cr0wbar said:

Blatant Disregard said:

Safety Not Guaranteed

I loved safety not guaranteed
amercer
AG
It's a galaxy far far away. So technically none of them are human.
redline248
AG
amercer said:

It's a galaxy far far away. So technically none of them are human.
Must not have ever watched Stargate
amercer
AG
I like the movie
TCTTS
AG
My gut says this is likely a shortened version of the trailer from April, potentially with a new shot or two. I'd be shocked if we actually get a brand new trailer in July, but who knows. If - and that's a big if - they're doing three trailers, it would make sense to have the second in late July or August, and the third in October, but the April trailer definitely felt like a long/significant enough trailer to last until October. Guess we'll find out relatively soon...

COOL LASER FALCON
Maybe a little behind the scenes thing like they did for TFA at comic con?
AliasMan02
AG
Rey is BAE. So adorable.
Urban Ag
AG
TCTTS said:

So some Rebels re-runs have been hitting my DVR and it got me thinking about Snoke.

Obviously this has been batted around already but if Snoke does turn out to be an existing or known character I'd put my money on it being Grand Admiral Thrawn. Again, not a new theory but I think it has merit.

I know very little about the EU other than it's not considered canon, and that Thrawn only appeared in the EU prior to last season of Rebels. We know that Thrawn came from the far unknown regions of the galaxy just as the First Order did, building up secretly over decades or literally since the end of the Empire. From Rebels, we know Thrawn is unemotional and relies on logic. This fits well with the conversation Snoke had with Kylo about sentiment ultimately destroying the Empire. Thrawn is also portrayed as an extreme martial artist which might tie in well to the formation of the Knights of Ren. Seems plausible that maybe after some humiliating defeat, Thrawn withdrew to his home world or somewhere out in the far reaches and kind of watched the demise of the Empire from afar.

But it would also explain why Thrawn, an EU/non-canon character, would be brought in to the story arc in Rebels as a major character. Snoke has to be someone that has lead militarily at a very high level, that could organize and build an entire political/military/economic machine the size of the First Order. And only someone previously of the Empire would re-build the First Order in near 100% likeness to the Empire.

Or he's just some random new bad guy.
CrazyDayDuck
Flashdiaz said:

CJS4715 said:

Snoke is rumored to be a 7 foot non-human....

Hairless Wookiee perhaps?
AliasMan02
AG
Thrawn was brought in because he's the most popular EU character by a pretty wide margin.

However, they have used his backstory to offer background (minor hints, really) into what I am 99 percent certain ties into Snoke's point of origin and history.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.