*** STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI ***

387,138 Views | 2709 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ark03
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm anxious to see how they do Snoke. I'm guessing a mix of practical and digital effects?
TCTTS
AG
That's the rumor, that they have a puppet/mechanical model for close ups perhaps and then Andy Circus again doing mo-cap for the wider shots. Don't quote me on that, though.
OnlyForNow
AG
What?
OnlyForNow
AG
We saw a hologram image of him.

I looked up the picture so I don't care there are LOTS of other folks who might feel the big reveal is spoiled by posting a leaked photo, that was actively being taken down...
gougler08
AG
OnlyForNow said:

We saw a hologram image of him.

I looked up the picture so I don't care there are LOTS of other folks who might feel the big reveal is spoiled by posting a leaked photo, that was actively being taken down...

A photo that confirms he looks like he did in the hologram is a spoiler now? Sheesh, we probably should just take this thread down then
Belton Ag
AG
The only thing remotely spoiler-ish about that photo is that Snoke appears to be more "human" looking that I might have originally thought, but it's not like anyone let out a big *gasp* when they saw the photo. No spoiler if you ask me.
Chipotlemonger
AG
No kidding.

Did people think the big hologram was Snoke himself? A la Wizard of Oz?

OnlyForNow
AG
Like I said, I don't give a rats ass about it, it searched it out.

If some ***** ass person complains though I'll direct them here. This must be the only thread on the entertainment board some of y'all come on.

The GOT thread is awful.
Liquid Wrench
I long for the pre-internet days of my childhood when we found what new characters looked like from the action figures.

Look, it's weird hair pirate guy!
americathegreat1492
Is that supposed to be Lobot??
AliasMan02
AG
americathegreat1492 said:

Is that supposed to be Lobot??
That is, indeed, Lobot. Action figures have come a long way.
Liquid Wrench
Yeah, although if I'm being honest, Return of the Jedi was the first big movie toy tie-in for me. But I got a lot of my older brother's Empire toys.
Sapper Redux
TCTTS said:

We literally saw Snoke in the last movie. Granted, it was via hologram, but the fact he now has a gold robe instead of black is NOT a spoiler. That's ridiculous.

It IS a spoiler that he doesn't tan.
OnlyForNow
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
ChiliBeans said:

I long for the pre-internet days of my childhood when we found what new characters looked like from the action figures.

Look, it's weird hair pirate guy!

I kid you not, this was state-of-the-art in 1980.

As was the Luke Skywalker/Obi-Wan Kenobi/Darth Vader action figures that came out in 1977 with the light sabres that were built into the arms and could be slid in and out.
Noblemen06
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Spoiler tag that picture.
Nah
Aggie87
AG
Lobot gets a puffy shirt!

bangobango
AG
All that trauma certainly makes it seem Snoke is somebody we have seen before and thought was dead.
redline248
AG
Mace Windu under the same affliction that hit Michael Jackson?
SeattleAgJr
He looks almost like a younger Palpatine before he got messed up.

Clone Emperor confirmed.
Jason Ag
AG
bangobango said:

All that trauma certainly makes it seem Snoke is somebody we have seen before and thought was dead.

I'm still thinking Snoke is Darth Plagueis. It will make sense to casual fans when they find out he was Palpatine's master. Whom Palps thought was dead and has been hiding. Another possibility is that Palps didn't kill him (I mean maybe he didn't try) and there was some other back story. For example Plagueis went off the deep end pursuing force power and disappeared (Palps then lied about killing him). Just guessing here.
AliasMan02
AG
They've said Snoke is a new character.

Edit, frow EW: Serkis said the character was aware of the events from the earlier films but was a new addition to the storyline.
OnlyForNow
AG
Plaugeis would be brand new to the movies.
AliasMan02
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Plaugeis would be brand new to the movies.

He wouldn't be a new addition to the storyline, though, as he was involved in the canon events leading up to Episode 2 or 3 or whenever Sidious killed him.
OnlyForNow
AG
Plagueis is mentioned in the movies?

I'm guessing Mace says something to the Jedi council about it In ep 2?
Buck Compton
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Plagueis is mentioned in the movies?

I'm guessing Mace says something to the Jedi council about it In ep 2?
Not sure if serious. Palpatine talks about him
OnlyForNow
AG
I'm serious. I just don't remember this.
redline248
AG
You never heard the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?
Chipotlemonger
AG
bangobango said:

Why does it have to be someone "we have seen before?" I do not get this assumption.
bangobango
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

bangobango said:

Why does it have to be someone "we have seen before?" I do not get this assumption.

It is not an assumption, it is just speculation. Just saying his face being all jacked up makes it look like he is somebody that survived something that should have killes them. They may work in a backstory for that that has nothing to do with what we have seen so far, but one reason to do that would be to disguise a known character for a later dramatic reveal.
Liquid Wrench
bangobango said:

This is fun internet fodder, but every indication is that it's a new character. And think about it...every successive Star Wars movie has introduced new characters and pushed the idea that the empire and the galaxy are vast. Every installment reminds us that there are worlds the viewers and even main characters don't know about. I know the "fan service" chatter is popular among internet cynics, but the logical direction is that this is some potentially ancient guy from the outer rim.

But still, it could be Lando. Oooooorrrr....we never saw what happened to the real mastermind of Cloud City, Lobot, after he was captured by imperial troops. My god, just imagine the horrors Lobot was put through after his capture.

TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.