*** STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI ***

377,081 Views | 2709 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ark03
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's kinda hard to say.

I could see that happening. But if it is really really good I could see it passing 1 billion domestic.

I hear more hype or awareness for this from non core fans then I did for TFA. But it will have to be amazing to get repeat views from them. I think there were still many new viewers gained by cable and rentals and streaming.
jr15aggie
AG
Saul Goodman said:

I'd agree with you on those numbers. TLJ being a superior movie won't translate to a higher box office than TFA.

Agreed. TFA just had so many people going to see it (many seeing it multiple times) simply because it was the first start wars movie in a long time. Not to mention it had good word of mouth cause it was actually a well done movie.

I can see it having a hard time breaking 750 Mill, but there's nothing wrong with that.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Collective
AG
wangus12
AG
Ok. They need to cool it with the new footage
Flashdiaz
AG
yeah i'm not watching any more TV spots.
The Collective
AG
wangus12 said:

Ok. They need to cool it with the new footage

Hey, you don't have to watch it.

Seriously though, it's just a few seconds of new footage / dialogue. I also wonder how much of the marketing footage won't even be in the film. There was quite a bit from TFA, right? Rogue One had a ton, but the reasons for that are obvious.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
With how efficiently that production seemed to run, I feel like there won't be a ton of deleted footage like there was for Rogue One.

In any case, I'm at max hype and I wish they'd stop doing new tv spots because it's so hard to resist them.
The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

because it's so hard to resist them.

Given the new tv spot, well done response. Mark is speaking to all of us through the marketing material once again.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
jabberwalkie09
AG
All I think of when I see that is, "YOU'RE FIRED!"
The Collective
AG
I hope Kylo kills that little beetch.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Snoke or Hux?
The Collective
AG
Hux. I don't have an opinion on Snoke yet.
Duncan Idaho
Brian Earl Spilner said:

With how efficiently that production seemed to run, I feel like there won't be a ton of deleted footage like there was for Rogue One.

In any case, I'm at max hype and I wish they'd stop doing new tv spots because it's so hard to resist them.

Wasn't there an entirely different third act made?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If there was, I either completely forgot or this is the first I'm hearing of it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

In January 2016, production of Episode VIII was delayed until February 2016, due to script rewrites.
Yes, I remember this now. However, this was before filming had even started, so not quite the same.

Rogue One was essentially being re-written during and after filming.
The Collective
AG
Maybe this is common knowledge, but I didn't know this about Driver:

Quote:

In Esquire's latest cover story, star Adam Driver talked about the surreal experience of watching himself in The Force Awakens; he doesn't normally watch the films in which he stars because of all the special effects added after they shoot.

"The thing with Star Wars is that they're like, 'Trust us, there is space behind you.' Or 'Trust us, your lightsaber will work.' So a part of the impulse in wanting to see it is because there is so much visual **** going on that I didn't know what was happening. You know what's happening in While We're Young, you know? I did it. We're in a bike shop. With Star Wars, it's like, 'This is . . . where you meet Snoke.' And I'm like, 'Okay, it's kind of like a cave. I get it.' Or 'Oh, that looks like Andy Serkis. I can't tell.'"

Driver told Esquire he's undecided on whether he'll watch The Last Jedi.
Duncan Idaho
I guess based on the trailers and the rewrites, I thought they shot a lot more than they actually did.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
redline248
AG
Not blaming you, but I hope that sort of thing isn't revealed in the movie. I'll be disappointed that I already know it (even if it's somewhat easy to guess).

Maybe I'll stop following this thread.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I feel like that is something that won't be even covered in the movies, and was more part of his learning about and building the character's backstory.
SeattleAgJr
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I feel like that is something that won't be even covered in the movies, and was more part of his learning about and building the character's backstory.
still, I would humbly suggest deleting it.
SeattleAgJr
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Now that we're just under a month out, any predictions for opening weekend and total box office?

For reference, TFA opened at $247M and finished at $936M and RO did $155M and $532M. (Domestic)

I'm going to go with $200M opening and $850M total. I think the (hopefully) good critical reception will give it strong legs, besides the fact that it's a Star Wars movie, but it's going to be hard to top the juggernaut that was TFA. Just way too much hype.

but is there REALLY the level of hype that TFA awakened had?

I would but it at 20% less.

We have had a really good Star Wars movie since the TFA in RO, so the demand is just nothing like what TFA had.
TCTTS
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Oh, come on. That's not even in the same vicinity as an even remotely legit spoiler. That's just character background fluff from an actor.
SeattleAgJr
TCTTS said:

SeattleAgJr said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Oh, come on. That's not even in the same vicinity as an even remotely legit spoiler. That's just character background fluff from an actor.
agreed. and it could be a spoiler. not like an actor has never spilled some details inadvertently during an interview. yes, the star wars team has handlers for this, but this may not be one of those cases.
I care not. I suggested the removal; it was not a demand.

it matters not to me, I already read it.
Carlo4
AG
Galaxy of heroes phone game, run by Disney, has already released a no helmet wearing Kylo. Implying a few things about his role in the movie. Also released his ship with certain moves that might be a spoiler too.

Rumors aside, who knows what will happen!

Besides, I like Kylo's logic of seeking out the dark side vs Anakin and all the BS from the prequels.

The Collective
AG
I've been shopping toys for my kids for Christmas. I learned to just avoid descriptions. Not major spoilers, sure, but sometimes tidbits of information I'd rather just read about after seeing the film.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Liquid Wrench
This has probably been discussed already, but I saw an Obi Wan "Force ghost" action figure at Walgreens today. Hope that's a spoiler for some hot hologram action.
Belton Ag
AG
ChiliBeans said:

This has probably been discussed already, but I saw an Obi Wan "Force ghost" action figure at Walgreens today. Hope that's a spoiler for some hot hologram action.
Alec Guiness version or Ewan McGregor version?

Edit: I just realized what a stupid question this is. It wouldn't be a Ewan McGregor Obi Wan ghost because he didn't die until he was old.

On the other hand, the Anakin force ghost in ROTJ was Hayden Christensen and not the messed up old dude we saw when Luke took Vader's helmet off.
Liquid Wrench
Guiness. I'll see if I can find it online.

*looked like this:

Story from September:
https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/849199/Star-Wars-8-The-Last-Jedi-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-Force-ghost-black-series-Force-Friday-II
3rdGen2015
AG
So are they going to use only CGI like they did with Tarkin? The effect might not be so "Uncanny Valley" with it being a force ghost.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.