*** STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI ***

387,316 Views | 2709 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ark03
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Official:

Twitter reaction embargo lifts:
Saturday, December 9 at 11:30 PM CST
(basically the second the premiere is over)

Review embargo lifts:
Tuesday, December 12 at 11:00 AM CST
TCTTS
AG
fretyuioz
I felt the same way about The Dark Knight in 2008/2009. I haven't seen The Reader, but it wasn't even close to the same critical or commercial success as TDK. And while I liked Slumdog Millionaire, I don't think it has had the same impact as TDK did on the next decade of filmmaking.

A case could be made for The Avengers in 2012, but that Oscar season had tougher competition in Lincoln, Argo, Silver linings playbook, etc.
The Collective
AG
JetAg
AG
TCTTS - what's your twitter handle? I'd like to give you a follow.
TCTTS
AG
@tdsmth

I don't post much, mainly just retweets, but will likely start being more active once my new site launches.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Although, you could argue La La Land was a "fun" movie.

Actually, The Martian as well.
The only fun thing about La La Land was when my wife looked at me 15 minutes into renting it and said "Let's turn this **** off."
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
TCTTS said:

It would take an Armageddon-level event for the fires to make it that far.
TCTTS
AG
"Baby, you have such sweet pillow talk..."
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Since it's 1230 am, I think this thread is due for a best quotes from Armageddon temporary derail. Try not to choke on the cheese.

Requesting permission to shake the hand of the daughter of the bravest man I've ever met.

Houston, you have a problem. You see, I promised my little girl that I'd be comin' home. Now I don't know what you people are doing down there, but we've got a hole to dig up here!

Man, what are you doing with a gun in space?
TCTTS
AG
Right there for the taking...

TCTTS
AG
AgMarauder04
AG
BRAND NEW Trailer with spoiler

Holy Crap

Trailer that shows Rey using the force to grab KYLO'S LIGHTSABER
wangus12
AG
wangus12
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

Trailer with spoiler

Holy Crap

Sweet ****ing Jesus who the hell is running their marketing department. Why would you put that cool of a moment in there
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Thanks for spoiler tag. Not looking at it and skipping the video.

I have seen enough.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
He has space dementia.
Buck Compton
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I have seen enough.
Yep. I think this may be my cue to bow out...
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
wangus12 said:

AgMarauder04 said:

Trailer with spoiler

Holy Crap

Sweet ****ing Jesus who the hell is running their marketing department. Why would you put that cool of a moment in there

Holy crap......and the only thing I can think is there are much cooler moments which means.....good god!!!!!

but yeah I my have to bow out on that as well....

FYI...I freeze framed through that and.....that looks like it aligns very well with the training video that was shown earlier where she fights 4 guys simultaneously....and if so ....OMG!!!!!!

Belton Ag
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

Trailer with spoiler

Holy Crap

Maybe that's why we see Kylo reaching out his hand to Rey in the earlier trailers; he's asking for his lightsaber back.
The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I have seen enough.

Run, Luke. Run.
AgMarauder04
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I have seen enough.
It's an epic moment. I would hate to ruin stuff this close to the release.

It's not quite revealing wonder woman during BvS trailers, but it's close.
The Collective
AG
It's alright guys; it's just a deleted scene.
CoachRTM
AG
*un-watchlist*
jr15aggie
AG
Crap! I'm pissed I saw that! Wouldn't have watched it, but I already hovered over the spoiler tags and read what was being described.

It's not a huge deal, but when we get to that scene now I'll know exactly what's coming.

I agree... quit showing that crap marketing group! They are showing these with football games and as an NFL fan I've already seen plenty of these during games. They need to stop!
AgMarauder04
AG
That's something I hadn't considered. It's one thing to click on a link and watch on your computer.

it's something else to be actively avoiding spoilers, be watching TV, and WHAM.
The Collective
AG
Well, I clicked the spoiler tag, because I thought it was referring to the TV spot TCTTS posted, and I knew I had already seen that and didn't think anything was super spoilery. So, I just read the spoiler tag to join the discussion and immediately said, well - **** !

Prepare for many Mike Zeroh videos regarding this tv spot over the next week. MANY VIDEOS.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
CJS4715 said:

Well, I clicked the spoiler tag, because I thought it was referring to the TV spot TCTTS posted, and I knew I had already seen that and didn't think anything was super spoilery. So, I just read the spoiler tag to join the discussion and immediately said, well - **** !

We need to spoiler tag the spoiler tags.....errrr.... add warning labels thats it's a new spoiler.....

ehhhhh crap.....i'm out.
Flashdiaz
AG
I'm out

jr15aggie
AG
This is not a spoiler for the video everybody is freaking out about... this is a minor spoiler for the video that TCTTS posted:

At the end of the video... PORGS!!!! Porgs everywhere!!!
jr15aggie
AG
Well hell... I've already seen the spoiler... might as well make an observation about it:

Rey is looking up and Kylo's lightsaber gets to her at a downward angle. I'm not 100% convinced she force grabs it... looks to me like "somebody" tossed it to her!!!

Is this what has been speculated, Kylo & Rey team up?

Or is it more like ROTJ when the emperor lets Luke take his saber so that his hatred flows through him?
AgMarauder04
AG
disagree. Froze the frame. Looks like it goes STRAIGHT into her hand. There is no arc, like a toss
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

disagree. Froze the frame. Looks like it goes STRAIGHT into her hand. There is no arc, like a toss

ditto..also freeze framing it...it comes in from straight ahead and her eyes are locked on it specifically

jabberwalkie09
AG
That spoiler is right up there with when they showed Maul in TPM trailer......
jr15aggie
AG
BernArnold said:

AgMarauder04 said:

ditto..also freeze framing it...it comes in from straight ahead and her eyes are locked on it specifically

Well maybe he threw it overhand really hard then!!! Or he tossed it up and then she force grabbed it. I just know that if she force grabbed it off his waist, he would have to be on a platform higher than her, otherwise the angle is all wrong. Just a thought.

I'm still a bit upset that I'm even aware and thinking about it. As soon as that scene starts I'll know exactly what's coming. Stupid marketing dumb asses!!!!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.