*** STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI ***

377,458 Views | 2709 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ark03
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggieChemist said:

MiniShrike said:

AggieChemist said:

#1 said:

bobinator said:

Also did you give her a test to verify her Star Wars fandom? Maybe she was just trying to impress you? What if she asks you a bunch of questions? What are her fan theories?

What if... and I don't want to put this in your head and ruin this entire relationship that I'm sure is themed for a Mos Eisley themed wedding... but what if her favorite character is Jar Jar?
That's exactly what I'm worried about. We had dinner last night and I talked about the movie and how excited I was. She began to tell me her favorite ones were the prequels and she even said she doesn't remember all of TFA. I began to cry in the inside. I begged her to go watch TFA before seeing TLJ. She said she was going to watch it today after work. I swear I wish I was making this story up. On the bright side, my sister told me that my brother-in-law bought 2 Imax for this Sunday. My sister hates Star Wars but she's going to put up with it because of what I did.

*I know I made a huge mistake
I hope you close the deal with this one.

Then I hope you post pics so we can all be like

Dude.

Well played.

Well. ****ing. Played.
I'm still ****ing laughing at this
jokershady
AG
Awesome!

I was born in 85 so my generation was introduced a little differently.

I had seen all the original movies on VHS with my dad at home growing up. I remember one day asking him if we could watch all 3 of them in one day. He said there's no way anyone would do that. I still remember asking my dad to read the text scroll and subtitles too.

We saw all 3 of them when they were re-released in theaters with all the Lucas changes. I didn't even care about those I was just excited to see it on the big screen.

Fast forward to Phantom Menace. I saw this the Friday it came out. My dad and I were so excited he took the day off and I got out of school early and we watched it together and were hyped about it like crazy.

AOTC both left us pretty underwhelmed so not much to add. ROTS had us both pretty excited and we were talking about it for a while, because in our heads like most others, thought this was it.

Then TFA hit. I'll still never forget getting nailed right in the feels when you see Han and Chewie back on the Falcon, and when he started talking about Luke and the Jedi....and then stealing a quick glance to my dad and seeing it was hitting him just the same way.

But the coolest thing of all, was how we both reacted to Rogue One. I swear we stayed in the parking lot for over half an hour talking about the movie. How it ended, how it tied things together, the characters.....just all of it!

And for us it'll be Saturday. Myself, my dad, my 6 and 4 year old boys, and now my wife who's even fired up about it.

Can't! Wait!
80s Guy
wangus12 said:

AggieChemist said:

MiniShrike said:

AggieChemist said:

#1 said:

bobinator said:

Also did you give her a test to verify her Star Wars fandom? Maybe she was just trying to impress you? What if she asks you a bunch of questions? What are her fan theories?

What if... and I don't want to put this in your head and ruin this entire relationship that I'm sure is themed for a Mos Eisley themed wedding... but what if her favorite character is Jar Jar?
That's exactly what I'm worried about. We had dinner last night and I talked about the movie and how excited I was. She began to tell me her favorite ones were the prequels and she even said she doesn't remember all of TFA. I began to cry in the inside. I begged her to go watch TFA before seeing TLJ. She said she was going to watch it today after work. I swear I wish I was making this story up. On the bright side, my sister told me that my brother-in-law bought 2 Imax for this Sunday. My sister hates Star Wars but she's going to put up with it because of what I did.

Dude.

Well played.

Well. ****ing. Played.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Meant to post in the SW thread.
Beat40
I hear ya.

Sometimes a simple google search can save you from looking like an idiot.
The Collective
AG
I got a pop-up notification about John Boyega spoiling something in an interview. I looked at the headline and said, "NOPE".
Velvet Jones
AG
80s Guy said:

wangus12 said:

AggieChemist said:

MiniShrike said:

AggieChemist said:

#1 said:

bobinator said:

Dude.

Well played.

Well. ****ing. Played.

AggieChemist
AG
MiniShrike said:

80s Guy said:

wangus12 said:

AggieChemist said:

MiniShrike said:

AggieChemist said:

#1 said:

bobinator said:

Dude.

Well played.

Well. ****ing. Played.

In b4 we have to have a NO I AM YOUR FATHER moment to bring it full circle.
Velvet Jones
AG
Cromagnum
AG
AggieChemist said:

MiniShrike said:

80s Guy said:

wangus12 said:

AggieChemist said:

MiniShrike said:

AggieChemist said:

#1 said:

bobinator said:

Dude.

Well played.

Well. ****ing. Played.

In b4 we have to have a NO I AM YOUR FATHER moment to bring it full circle.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
80s Guy said:

wangus12 said:

AggieChemist said:

MiniShrike said:

AggieChemist said:

#1 said:

bobinator said:

Dude.

Well played.

Well. ****ing. Played.

Urban Ag
AG
AGGies0311 said:

Who does she think shot first?
She'll know soon enough
Urban Ag
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

#1 said:

I'm a horrible brother-in-law. I bought 2 XD tickets reserved in the middle of the theater when they went on sale. They were for me and my brother-in-law who is a huge Star Wars fan. He was pumped up about it. Well, 3 weeks ago I met a girl and we started dating. Turns out she's a huge Star Wars fan as well. I thought with my peen and asked her if she wanted to go to opening night with me. She of course said yes. I felt horrible. Last week, I told my brother-in-law that I invited a girl instead. Needless to say, he hasn't talked to me since then.
You should have stipulated the condition of a beej during the end credits.

Seriously if I were your brother in law, I would stomp your ass.
If you would stomp his ass for choosing poon over spending the evening at a movie with a dude (who the **** does that anyway?) then you would certainly meet brother in law criteria.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I might be listening to the soundtrack right now.
And it might be the best I've heard since ROTJ
ANd I might have heard that prequel callback, BE Spilner!
The Collective
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Carlo4
AG
To play devils advocate with #1s story.

I was in a similar position with TFA. The girl claimed to like Star Wars, but lied to me intentionally to look good. In fact, she hadn't seen it.

She ended up watching the original trilogy and loved it. We saw TFA three times. We bought a spare ticket in our group and got lucky it went unclaimed so no issues with close friends and family.

That was 2 years ago. Since then, our love has....

Just kidding we broke up.

PDEMDHC said:

To play devils advocate with #1s story.

I was in a similar position with TFA. The girl claimed to like Star Wars, but lied to me intentionally to look good. In fact, she hadn't seen it.

She ended up watching the original trilogy and loved it. We saw TFA three times. We bought a spare ticket in our group and got lucky it went unclaimed so no issues with close friends and family.

That was 2 years ago. Since then, our love has....

Just kidding we broke up.

bobinator
AG
I listen to soundtracks at work all the time (I can't write if there are lyrics) so is it weird that I wouldn't listen to the new soundtrack for fear that there might be musical spoilers? Like I've heard all the Star Wars soundtracks so many times that I know what characters have musical cues so I'm afraid I'd be able to piece together a spoiler just from hearing the soundtrack.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Where is it? I can't find it on Spotify.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
No. Not weird. Three words: Qui-Gon's Noble End
bobinator
AG
I also didn't even think of track titles having potential spoilers in them.
Ark03
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

80s Guy said:

wangus12 said:

AggieChemist said:

MiniShrike said:

AggieChemist said:

#1 said:

bobinator said:

Dude.

Well played.

Well. ****ing. Played.

Her reaction:
jr15aggie
AG
MiniShrike said:

80s Guy said:

wangus12 said:

AggieChemist said:

MiniShrike said:

AggieChemist said:

#1 said:

bobinator said:

Dude.

Well played.

Well. ****ing. Played.

Sweet Kitten Feet
S
CJS4715 said:

I got a pop-up notification about John Boyega spoiling something in an interview. I looked at the headline and said, "NOPE".
Wasn't him that spoiled it. It was the dumb loon interviewing him.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

MuckRaker96 said:

Where is it? I can't find it on Spotify.
search for it on mp3juice.

I downloaded the first 2 tracks (not mentioning their names here) - then realized there's about a 98-minute file with the whole soundtrack on it. It doesn't have track names and they seem to be out of order. I was skeptical at first until I heard the prequel callbacks moved in. The first 2 minutes of it will give you the chills
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So. Hyped.

I am just gonna hold off. Only 3.5 hours to go for me.
Urban Ag
AG
I award jr15aggie 10,000 points

Urban Ag
AG
I bought tickets for Sunday night. Wife just called. She stopped by the theatre and got them to swap them for the 7:00 showing tonight. Last four seats for that showing. Said it wouldn't be the same if we didn't go opening night.

Now if I can just get her to wear the Leia costume later this could, could vie for one of the greater days of my life.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Urban Ag said:

I bought tickets for Sunday night. Wife just called. She stopped by the theatre and got them to swap them for the 7:00 showing tonight. Last four seats for that showing. Said it wouldn't be the same if we didn't go opening night.

Now if I can just get her to wear the Leia costume later this could, could vie for one of the greater days of my life.

Urban Ag
AG

bobinator
AG
I've definitely spent some hours in my day in line for movie premieres, but I do like that movie theaters now have reserve seating. Though I guess that would have given me an excuse to skip my fiancee's work holiday party tonight.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

So. Hyped.

I am just gonna hold off. Only 3.5 hours to go for me.
If you can't hold off, get a change of pants and fast-forward to the 27:12 mark.
bobinator
AG
HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO GET ANY WORK DONE
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Cutting off liquids now. At least until I get my Collectible cup in the theater, at which point I will sip slowly throughout the movie.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.