Free tech

452,544 Views | 2581 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by tfunk02
nwspmp
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'd be in to help out in that; sounds good. Done some more product testing outside of the Netgear and Arlo ones from a few years ago, but the Netgear ones were my firsts!

william1978 said:

I'm now helping several different companies in different spaces. Right now, it's batteries, automotive accessories, telecom and electrical tools and packaged meats.

One of these things is not like the others...
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
OK, sounds like there's interest. Let me share a bit more.

Batteries - Household for now (AA, AAA, C, D ,9V, Rec-chargeables)
Automotive - Battery Chargers and Jump Starters
Telecom - Wire Tracers, Pipe Locators, Tone Probes (any telco guys here?)
Electrical - Strippers, Cutters, Tool Kits, Crimpers, (Coax, Fiber, Cat 5-6)
Meats - I don't know if we'll do this one, maybe a limited run. too many hoops to jump through because you have to use Amazon Fresh.

Give me a day or so and I'll start a new thread. I don't want to confuse this one because it's "free tech" and because Amazon's community guidelines have changed over the years, I want to make sure it's communicated well and legit.

This one's going to be different because I'll use promo codes and there will be a limit. First come, first serve... I don't have the logistics infrastructure to do what we did at NETGEAR. But they will be good deals and enough variety that there's something for everyone. And please don't share the promo codes. They are exclusively for you guys, so the more folks you tell, your odds go down.
benMath08
AG
I get my groceries from Amazon Fresh, would love to "review" a few steaks...
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
benMath08 said:

I get my groceries from Amazon Fresh, would love to "review" a few steaks...
OK, noted...
khkman22
AG
I would be.
Average Joe
AG
I'm definitely interested.
Ark03
AG
Definitely interested in everything but telecom!
ABATTBQ11
AG
Interested
PooDoo
AG
You might want to set up a Telegram, GroupMe, or some other messaging group to invite people from here.

It would keep the details out of public view and would send notifications to the users.

Just a thought.
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
OK, after giving this some thought, I've decided to launch in this thread just to make sure i've got all the kinks worked out.

So here's the deal. I've set up a group promo code (anybody can use it, one per customer) on the below products. It's tiered so if you buy one product, you get 30% off, at least 3 and you get 40%, at least 5 and you get 50%. The products are stuff you might want as a gift, or in the case of the batteries, everybody needs batteries before the holidays.

The promo starts tomorrow morning (3am) and runs through Saturday. Even though there is a limit of one promo per customer, the promo itself is unlimited as to the total number of customers.

All of these products are included in the promo. Buy as many as you want/need and the more you buy, the more you save.

AA Batteries
9Volt Batteries
AAA Batteries
C Batteries
D Batteries
Powersports 12V Battery Charger
1000A Jump Starter

This is a decent little selection of stuff. Let's see how this goes and I'll have more stuff to add in the future.

PLEASE DO NOT SHARE THIS CODE OUTSIDE OF THIS FORUM

Finally, Amazon rules have changed since we first started doing this. There are things that I can't ask you to do, but would appreciate once you have a chance to use the product. In advance, I appreciate it. I am trying to get this brand kicked off and it's harder than ever, on Amazon, to launch new products. The system doesn't reward new products like it used to. So to be clear, this is a promotion on some great products out of the goodness of my heart.

Happy shopping, let me know what you think. All feedback is welcome.

On a personal note, it's good to be back on this thread. Thanks for all you guys have done over the years.

Promo Code: UPBMTIUO (not live until 3am on 11/21)

Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
PooDoo said:

You might want to set up a Telegram, GroupMe, or some other messaging group to invite people from here.

It would keep the details out of public view and would send notifications to the users.

Just a thought.
Too late, haha!

Great suggestion. Already posted the info, but I may do this as an opt-in after this first one. Let's see how it goes.
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
Bump so the guys from yesterday see the update.
pnut02
AG
I would be interested as well... certainly appreciate the opportunities that still exist today with Netgear
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
pnut02 said:

I would be interested as well... certainly appreciate the opportunities that still exist today with Netgear
Hey pnut, the promo is live. Just look north on the thread. Happy shopping!
pnut02
AG
Yessir, got it. I'm in if you do a separate GroupMe or other group
flintdragon
AG
bought a bunch of batteries. couldn't justify the chargers/jump starters

Prices were way cheaper than my goto Costco Duracells. No idea if Interstate is better but at the price, no brainer.
Aggietaco
AG
Good deals on the batteries and that remote jump start is tempting.
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
Bump since there are two days left and so far we haven't broken the bank
Aggieangler93
AG
Picked up some batteries. Will be happy to provide feedback once used. Cannot go wrong with that brand, in my experience.

Would love a deal on gel marine/atv batteries by them too!
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
Aggieangler93 said:

Picked up some batteries. Will be happy to provide feedback once used. Cannot go wrong with that brand, in my experience.

Would love a deal on gel marine/atv batteries by them too!
Thanks Angler. If this goes well, the next round from this brand will be SLA and AGM.
hph6203
AG
Bought the jump starter and some batteries since they were free, friend had his car battery die just last week at the airport and I drove him up there to jump it and he pulled one of those things out and had it started in 30 seconds. Told him I needed to buy one, so this was good timing.
Bregxit
AG
Grabbed some batteries and a jump starter. Great deal! You said grab as many as we want but it would not let me add more than one pack of each battery type to my cart. I really would have liked to grab 2-3 of the AAA since we go through those like water.
BourbonAg
AG
Also grabbed some batteries and a jump starter. Thanks!
PooDoo
AG
I missed out...
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
PooDoo said:

I missed out...
Thanks to all who got to participate. Your feedback is appreciated.

If you missed out, don't worry, I will do several more of these in the coming weeks, so just stay tuned.
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
Hey everyone, if you participated last week and you have received and have been able to use your product, I'd sure appreciate you sharing that feedback on AMZN. Thanks and have a happy thanksgiving everyone!
Naveronski
AG
Watching for upcoming opportunities.
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
OK, so I have another one for you guys. This one is for the electrician and telco enthusiasts.

I've set up a group promo code (one per customer) on the below products. Put everything in the basket that you want and you'll get 35% off. The brand is Tempo Communications / Paladin Tools / Datashark. The promo starts tonight at 9pm and runs through December 6th to give everyone enough time to see this.

There is limited stock, so I'm going to keep this one on this thread. All of these products are included in this promo.

TEMPO Communications 508S-G Wire Finder Mini Locator

DataShark PA70019 Digital Cable and Satellite Tool Kit by TEMPO Communications

Paladin Tools PA4941 GripPack DataComm Technicians Kit - Includes Data SureStrip Cutter, Datacomm Scissors, SurePunch Pro Punchdown Tool, Reversible 110/66 Blade, GripPack Holster, LED Light, Marker

Paladin Tools PA1161 Adjustable Wire Stripper and Cutter - 30-10 AWG Lots of inventory

Paladin Tools PA1180 TelcoCrimp Needle-Nose Pliers with Built-In Splice Crimper Lots of inventory

PLEASE DO NOT SHARE THIS CODE OUTSIDE OF THIS FORUM.

As I stated before, your "feedback" is needed.

Hope you guys like the selection! Happy Thanksgiving.

Promo Code: AGSOVERLSU

Absolute
AG
In
hph6203
AG
Left a review. Not sure what to say about AA or AAA batteries, so I did my best.
AtlAg05
AG
Just a thought, it might help to start a new thread to get the word out.

I know I missed the initial setup and seeing this thread just meant someone else got something cool. I would ignore the bumps over the years. I would think others would do the same.

But I am in.
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
AtlAg05 said:

Just a thought, it might help to start a new thread to get the word out.

I know I missed the initial setup and seeing this thread just meant someone else got something cool. I would ignore the bumps over the years. I would think others would do the same.

But I am in.

Will do. I will move this to a new thread on Monday.
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
PSA - if anyone took part in the battery promotion, I'd really appreciate if you'd take a moment to provide your feedback on AMZN.
BourbonAg
AG
Done. Thanks for doing this!
Vade281
AG
Thanks! Just curious, who's name do we use when we sign up for netgear stuff now? lol.
PSN/XBOX/Origin/Epic/Steam/Uplay: Vade281
www.twitch.tv/vade281_

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.