Free tech

452,590 Views | 2581 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by tfunk02
Trek Strategy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
A lot of great ideas in here. I was told that if they pick my submission, I'll get a 6 pack. I'll have to find a way to share it with you guys.

By the way, very sad news... Marynel's contract was not renewed. I told her that I knew about 200 guys that would sorely miss her. Please be patient with us as we back fill the responsibilities over the next few weeks.
ABATTBQ11
AG
NO! Marynel was great!
trueaggie2782
pnut02
92_Ag
AG
I'm sorry to hear about Marynel. Working with her was very pleasant.

As for names I do like the consistency of the ReadyCloud with your existing naming convention, but other off the wall ideas:

1. Simple:
  • CloudWare
  • RealCloud
  • HomeCloud
  • CloudBase
  • OmniCloud
2. 'Cloud' themed (I suppose you could change the 'cloud' theme based on tiers of product offerings):
  • Netgear Cirrus
  • Netgear Nebula
  • Netgear Stratus (etc.)
  • Or some combination (e.g. CirriCloud, NebuCloud, etc.)
3. Other (sometimes a 'non' word is more 'catchy' even if it isn't easily recognizable eg. Flickr, Verizon, Accenture):
  • Netgear Nebo [Solvanian for 'Sky' - also means 'heaven' in other languages]
  • Netgear Ubic or Ubix [play on 'ubiquitous']
  • Netgear Io
I'm not a creative/marketing type obviously, but I had a few minutes to spend.
apoglo12
Caliber
AG
quote:
I'm sorry to hear about Marynel. Working with her was very pleasant.

2. 'Cloud' themed (I suppose you could change the 'cloud' theme based on tiers of product offerings):
  • Netgear Cirrus
  • Netgear Nebula
  • Netgear Stratus (etc.)
  • Or some combination (e.g. CirriCloud, NebuCloud, etc.)

+1 on Marynel.

I really like the 'cloud' themed ideas, would make for a great product name in my opinion.
wessimo
AG
Marynel
Mike92
AG
Surely this is just an April Fools joke. If not, hopefully Marynel will go out in a blaze of glory and ship me a Nighthawk router, some Arlos, powerline adapters, another NAS, etc.
adamsbq06
AG
DomusCLOUD
wee_ag
AG
T&P Marynel

You better name that thing the MarynelCloud - why on earth did her contract not get renewed? Did she give away too much awesome stuff?
hph6203
AG
Guessing all the Netgear geeks were distracted by her presence around the office, productivity must have plummeted.
adamsbq06
AG
Rule1?
Ganondorf
AG
She's on linked in.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Anyone hear back on the latest round of invites yet? I responded immediately to mine but haven't heard anything yet...
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
quote:
Anyone hear back on the latest round of invites yet? I responded immediately to mine but haven't heard anything yet...

Wondering the same thing.

Last Friday I received and filled out the hotspot survey, but hadn't heard back. Glad I'm not the only one (though we may just both be unlucky )
Ganondorf
AG
Same for the last 2 invites
ABATTBQ11
AG
I got mine on Wednesday so it hasn't been too long, but I really want these two. I really want to try out the new NAS.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
Maybe ole Marynel kept things running more than they thought
Aggietaco
AG
quote:
She's on linked in.
Fresh Off The Boat
Pour one out for Marynel.

What is this hotspot invite?! The only thing I've got recently is the powerline adapter...
Fresh Off The Boat
Wow... looked up Marynel.

Did not think she looked like that. I was thinking old Indian lady, not cute Filipino? girl.
Dro07
AG
quote:

By the way, very sad news... Marynel's contract was not renewed. I told her that I knew about 200 guys that would sorely miss her.
YOU FOOL!!!

added on linkedin
Dro07
AG
quote:
atleast ur getting invites
khkman22
AG
Haven't heard anything back from my NAS invite I received last Wednesday. I thought maybe an email went to my spam so I added Marynel to my address book on Monday or Tuesday. Here's to hoping on the NAS.
ExPLK
AG
Haven't heard anything back from surveys I completed either. Maybe there isn't anyone to send out the products now that Marynel is gone.
nwspmp
CirruSafe (cloudy and backupy)?

T&P to Marynel. Whoever takes up her tasks has some pretty big shoes to fill!

Token
AG
Hope they find a replacement
ABATTBQ11
AG
Anyone hear anything yet? Is Marynel not there at all anymore, or are they letting her contract expire at a future date?
Mike92
AG
I last received an email from Marynel on 3/31 asking me if I wanted to participate in the review of the Around Town. Nothing since.
ExPLK
AG
I got in touch with her on linked in. She said she is no longer with Netgear.

I too got an invitation for Around Town but nothing after. Perhaps they postponed the program?

ABATTBQ11
AG
quote:
I got in touch with her on linked in. She said she is no longer with Netgear.

Booooooooooooo!

Maybe the OP can give us some deets on what they've got going on.
mlambert77
AG
quote:
I last received an email from Marynel on 3/31 asking me if I wanted to participate in the review of the Around Town. Nothing since.
Same here. The last two rounds of emails, I haven't received a response. Before that, I was always getting some kind of response from Marynel.
Dro07
AG
I miss it...
bigtruckguy3500
Has anyone done a Netgear RMA? I'm RMAing the AC1750 I posted about a couple pages back, and the RMA instructions say not to include any power cables or accessories. But what if the power adapter is the problem? I think it's more likely it's the device itself, but just to confirm, if I did send the power adapter, they wouldn't send a new one with the device, would they?

Thanks

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.