Free tech

452,584 Views | 2581 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by tfunk02
Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
haven't heard anything since July
Same here. And that was a back and forth with Meng trying to get me to bump stars up in a review.

And you're wondering why you haven't gotten another offer?
Yeah I have wondered if Meng blacklisted me or something. It wasn't a bad review. I gave it 3 or 4 stars...can't remember which. If I did get blacklisted that's pretty crappy since I presumed they wanted honest reviews on the products.
Big_Worm
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Same here. And that was a back and forth with Meng trying to get me to bump stars up in a review.

Yeah I have wondered if Meng blacklisted me or something. It wasn't a bad review. I gave it 3 or 4 stars...can't remember which. If I did get blacklisted that's pretty crappy since I presumed they wanted honest reviews on the products.
Worried about this as well.... is there such a thing, Travis?
wessimo
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

3* is actually a poor review by Amazon standards. It sounds like you found out what they want out of this program.
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Worried about this as well.... is there such a thing, Travis?
Guys, I can guarantee you that no one is blacklisted. No one is profiled based on the reviews you write. if you are not seeing anything, it is because of lack of resources on our side or lack of products to review.

As most of you know, we lost Marynel about 9 months ago, and used Meng in a short term role to help with this program. Then, about 3 weeks ago, we hired Ben to do what Marynel used to do. Plus, we had some organizational changes in Q3. This year has been very busy inside the walls of Netgear. We're just trying to catch up to the growing business, and manage this program as well. Hopefully right now you are starting to see more emails from Ben.
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
quote:
dlance, thanks for letting me know. That should NEVER happen. i will make sure that it never happens again. We want your honest opinions about products, whether that is a one star or a five star review.
ABATTBQ11
AG
I got an email about a cable modem a couple of weeks ago, but that's it. Nothing else since July. You guys should have direct hired Marynel. She had her **** together.
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
I got an email about a cable modem a couple of weeks ago, but that's it. Nothing else since July. You guys should have direct hired Marynel. She had her **** together.
I've been told that Ben is very good. Let me know if he's not.
Dro07
AG
Thanks for the heads up!
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
Let me just reiterate with a story. There are two products that we've launched and you guys have reviewed that were simply subpar in terms of customer experience and we killed them, and went back to the drawing board and developed better ones. So when I say we want honest reviews, I mean it. We don't want to build crappy product, but sometimes it just happens.
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
I actually got Marynel hired on the sales side. She's still with Netgear, but was the victim of evaporating budget at the time. I'll tell her you guys say hello.
Bregxit
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
dlance, thanks for letting me know. That should NEVER happen. i will make sure that it never happens again. We want your honest opinions about products, whether that is a one star or a five star review.
Thanks Travis. It seemed a bit odd but I just blew it off. Glad to know reviews are not being held against anyone.
khkman22
AG
quote:
Let me just reiterate with a story. There are two products that we've launched and you guys have reviewed that were simply subpar in terms of customer experience and we killed them, and went back to the drawing board and developed better ones. So when I say we want honest reviews, I mean it. We don't want to build crappy product, but sometimes it just happens.
Are you able to say which products they were?
wessimo
AG
quote:

happy to hear this.
ExPLK
AG
Just for the record, I have had nothing but positive experiences with all 3 Netgear resources I have interacted with thus far (Marynel, Meng and Ben). All 3 have been great to work with. I am also extremely happy to have to opportunity to participate in such a cool program at Netgear.
pnut02
AG
Also wanted to throw in my two cents - I had an issue with the original cable modem I received. I brought it up with Marynel, and she got me in touch with third level support. After some back and forth testing with them, they identified an issue with the hardware and sent me out a replacement. My point is, if there's something wrong, point it out and give them a chance to resolve it before posting a review. If you're not getting the response that you had hoped, then by all means be honest and post your findings. I appreciate the opportunity of this program to test out things that may not be widely available yet and will work with Netgear to help deliver a quality product.
Bregxit
AG
If that was directed to me since I made the review comment, I worked with L3 for about three weeks. It's not like I 1-starred the device.

And for the record, everyone at Netgear has been great. I just didn't know if the interaction about the stars was being held against me. Travis answered that question. All is good.
pnut02
AG
Nope, sorry, wasn't meant to be directed at anyone. I just wanted to throw out my experience and give Netgear my kudos for their support effort.
La Fours
AG
The nighthawk ac5300 arrived today!!
ExPLK
AG
The range on the new nighthawk is impressive. I am getting the same down speeds as a wired connection a few rooms away. Also able to get consistent connection in outside areas where I previously could not.
Bregxit
AG
GS308P 8-port POE Switch.
flintdragon
AG
got the email from the switch too and signed up. It's been a while so was worried I got dropped from the program.
Dro07
trueaggie2782
AG
+1 for the switch but decided to pass because I don't have any PoE devices so couldn't test thoroughly enough.
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
quote:
Are you able to say which products they were?
I can't. This is the internet. Buy me a beer at the Auburn game this weekend and I'll tell you.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
quote:
+1 for the switch but decided to pass because I don't have any PoE devices so couldn't test thoroughly enough.

Same here.
camarolt1guy
william is it too late to sign up for this? I have 20+ devices connected on a home network, a plex media server, wired and wireless printers, security cameras. Id love to test out netgears new router or a NAS server. My traffic from my ISP was 834GB in September , 591GB In October and 277GB so far in november. That doesn't include the internal traffic that goes from my plex server to all the tv's. Im sure i could give your routers/NAS a workout.
pnut02
AG
quote:
william is it too late to sign up for this? I have 20+ devices connected on a home network, a plex media server, wired and wireless printers, security cameras. Id love to test out netgears new router or a NAS server. My traffic from my ISP was 834GB in September , 591GB In October and 277GB so far in november. That doesn't include the internal traffic that goes from my plex server to all the tv's. Im sure i could give your routers/NAS a workout.
Welcome to the Nerdery
Ark03
AG
quote:
quote:
Welcome to the Nerdery
Welcome to Texags.
Bregxit
AG
Someone signhim up for cat facts
camarolt1guy
quote:
Someone signhim up for cat facts
lol they have a app for that or at least they used too. oh and im way past nerd

Thats what happens when you make a account while talking to a 3 year old about mickey mouse. Good thing its not my main email.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Nerds don't have @aol.com addresses.
camarolt1guy
Id take it off but it wont let me change user names. Dont worry i have gmail too for all my nerd dealings
Mike92
AG
quote:
Id take it off but it wont let me change user names. Dont worry i have gmail too for all my nerd dealings

You should be able to get it changed. Check out this link.

http://texags.com/s/14364/frequently-asked-questions
camarolt1guy
fixed Thanks
txag2k
AG
quote:
fixed Thanks

But we still know...

(A wolf among sheep boys...)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.