Free tech

452,428 Views | 2581 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by tfunk02
92_Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Howdy Travis,

Is this program still operational? I know Marynell has departed and the reason why my queries to her on a product I'm reviewing have gone unanswered, but I was curious to see if there are plans to continue the program and replace Marynell as a contact?

I've enjoyed testing the products I've received, even if there have been issues to resolve. I think it's a worthwhile program but I certainly want to provide feedback through the proper channels.

Thanks in advance. I hope it's still active.
Trek Strategy
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
Surely this is just an April Fools joke. If not, hopefully Marynel will go out in a blaze of glory and ship me a Nighthawk router, some Arlos, powerline adapters, another NAS, etc.
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
Hey guys, there's nothing wrong with the program and it is still going. We just lost Marynel and are having to figure out how to backfill her.

The good news is that a new guy started this week and he's going to be helping out, along with another girl. It will be a little patchwork for now, but we'll get it done. Please be patient with us.

Communication should pick back up next week. I know that we have some new ReadyNAS going out soon, along with some more Business Product invites soon.

That's all I can say for now.

OKG2000
AG
With a new guy starting, will there be an opportunity to sign up for the program again? would love to get in on it if possible.
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
With a new guy starting, will there be an opportunity to sign up for the program again? would love to get in on it if possible.
Definitely possible in another month or so
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
Fellas, I have a unique opportunity for some of you. As our com lines are down right now, I'm going to post something that's only relevant to some of you, sorry to the rest of you.

IF you received a letter that you are getting a ReadyNAS 200 Series NAS, and only IF...

The ReadyNAS engineers have been hard at work fixing bugs in the SW/FW of all the ReadyNAS products as they gear up for the launch of the ReadyNAS 200.

With the software fixes, combined with the ARM A15 Cortex CPU, you're going to see faster read/write speeds, 5 layers of data protection, bit rot protection, 1 button touch backup, data snapshots (think time machine), editing environment for graphic files, sharing links directly from the NAS, remote access, seamless GUI across devices, and on and on.

We are going to bring this NAS to market as not only a great backup device, but also a device that works very well for Photography hobbyists and GoPro users.

Typically, people who like to take pictures and use GoPro are using USB drives, which are a cheap way of having a layer of backup for those files. We want to show them how great a NAS is for backing up, sharing, and editing large files.

If you have a GoPro, or like to take pictures and have a DSLR camera like a Nikon or Canon, and would be interested in reviewing those use cases specifically, PM me with your email address or your Amazon user name. We'll send you the unit along with a reviewers guide of what you should expect regarding those experiences specifically, and we'll just ask that you also write about them.
We'll also review your comments internally as we craft our marketing message.

By the way, the name still has not been decided, but I will let you know when it does. Thanks for all your ideas, the GM loved them and they were much better than the names the engineers came up with.
khkman22
AG
So are you saying if we haven't already received a letter stating we're receiving the ReadyNAS that we didn't make the cut? Or is that decision process still being worked on? I haven't seen anybody on here say they got a confirmation for one yet.
adamsbq06
AG
quote:
Fellas, I have a unique opportunity for some of you. As our com lines are down right now, I'm going to post something that's only relevant to some of you, sorry to the rest of you.

IF you received a letter that you are getting a ReadyNAS 200 Series NAS, and only IF...

The ReadyNAS engineers have been hard at work fixing bugs in the SW/FW of all the ReadyNAS products as they gear up for the launch of the ReadyNAS 200.

With the software fixes, combined with the ARM A15 Cortex CPU, you're going to see faster read/write speeds, 5 layers of data protection, bit rot protection, 1 button touch backup, data snapshots (think time machine), editing environment for graphic files, sharing links directly from the NAS, remote access, seamless GUI across devices, and on and on.

We are going to bring this NAS to market as not only a great backup device, but also a device that works very well for Photography hobbyists and GoPro users.

Typically, people who like to take pictures and use GoPro are using USB drives, which are a cheap way of having a layer of backup for those files. We want to show them how great a NAS is for backing up, sharing, and editing large files.

If you have a GoPro, or like to take pictures and have a DSLR camera like a Nikon or Canon, and would be interested in reviewing those use cases specifically, PM me with your email address or your Amazon user name. We'll send you the unit along with a reviewers guide of what you should expect regarding those experiences specifically, and we'll just ask that you also write about them.

By the way, the name still has not been decided, but I will let you know when it does. Thanks for all your ideas, the GM loved them and they were much better than the names the engineers came up with.
PM Sent
Rule Number 32
AG
I was wondering the same thing khk. I got an email for the survey for the NAS, but no confirmation after that. That was quite a few weeks ago. I love taking pictures and I'm always looking for another way to back them up, so I would 100% be interested in that!
Josepi
AG
What about the ReadyNas 10400?
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
So are you saying if we haven't already received a letter stating we're receiving the ReadyNAS that we didn't make the cut? Or is that decision process still being worked on? I haven't seen anybody on here say they got a confirmation for one yet.
That's right. if you haven't received a confirmation from NETGEAR that you are getting the product, then you are not getting one, regardless if you got a survey for it or not.
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
What about the ReadyNas 10400?
Well, you will enjoy the software feature updates for sure when they are released in the next couple of weeks.
khkman22
AG
quote:
That's right. if you haven't received a confirmation from NETGEAR that you are getting the product, then you are not getting one, regardless if you got a survey for it or not.
wee_ag
AG
Hey William... what's the alternate to PMing? I no have premium account. I'm a photog and would love to test one out.

EDIT - oh, wait - didn't get that confirmation. Sad.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
quote:
quote:

Is this true for the around the town hotspot as well?
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Is this true for the around the town hotspot as well?
JDCAG, I'm not certain on that one.
Rule Number 32
AG
Dammit lol, I was really hoping for a NAS. At least now I can stop watching my email like a hawk...
adamsbq06
AG
i respond to surveys immediately and it still seems random...
Rule Number 32
AG
AdamsBQ did you get a confirmation that you were getting an NAS?
adamsbq06
AG
nope... but i got the survey and filled it out immediately
adamsbq06
AG
it doesnt bother me either way. Synology is sending me one of their brand new units in a couple of weeks. I would have liked to compare the latest ReadyNas to the Synology product. Might have been able to provide a different perspective but oh well.

The Synology program isn't an open program like this you have to be a Synology reseller to get their device.
adamsbq06
AG
The original ReadyNas214 had alot of limitations as a multimedia bank. It is unable to transcode any video on the device.

It is litterally only useful as a file server and a timecapsule (for Macs). I wouldn't try to really do more than that.
I was hoping the new units had a little more horse power. BTW I had the intention of giving the original away if i was picked for the latest round of NAS devices.
nwspmp
I got the e-mail for the ReadyNAS 200 (RN202) and do a bit of photography as well, using my DSLR. I'd love to test a replacement for the Drobo + PogoPlug setup I've been using, as it's been less than reliable and super slow lately...

Don't have PM unfortunately, any other way to contact?
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
I got the e-mail for the ReadyNAS 200 (RN202) and do a bit of photography as well, using my DSLR. I'd love to test a replacement for the Drobo + PogoPlug setup I've been using, as it's been less than reliable and super slow lately...

You can share your Amazon user name if you feel like it.
FTACO97
AG
quote:

I got emails for both the RN202 and RN204 and do photography with a Canon 50D. Don't have PM, sorry. Amazon name is B. George.
Token
AG
quote:
quote:

You can share your Amazon user name if you feel like it.
my amazon name is delag26@gmail.com
hph6203
AG
Quick! Everyone spam his inbox!
trueaggie2782
AG
quote:
Quick! Everyone spam his inbox!

Lol
ABATTBQ11
AG
Got ReadyNAS email and Amazon babe is pitcher8811. I use a GoPro a ton for uav videography.
Scooley01
AG
I didn't get a ReadyNAS email but I have a GoPro. Sounds like I'm out of the loop again :\
redd38
AG
Just got an email saying I should be getting the ReadyNAS soon.
bco2003
AG
Looks like Meng is our new friend.
khkman22
AG
quote:
Just got an email saying I should be getting the ReadyNAS soon.
+1
Rule Number 32
AG
Woot for NAS 200! I replied to Meng about testing for photography...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.