Free tech

452,363 Views | 2581 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by tfunk02
txag2k
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Want to also thank you guys for giving us the opportunity to help out and try the new tech. The Arlo system works incredibly well, and has already sold my neighbor (she went and bought a basic two camera system and I installed it for her yesterday) based on the ease of use and setup!

Totally agree, thanks again Travis! Plus I've also sold a few Arlos for Netgear as well, from just my recommendations
wessimo
AG
quote:
OK, Based on the survey results, we'll make a few tweaks to feed the hungrier reviewers.

I'm hungry for Arlo. Feed me Marynel!!!
ABATTBQ11
AG
I haven't gotten anything in weeks
wee_ag
AG
I'm man enough to admit I squealed a little...

wee_ag
AG
Hey william1978 question regarding the Arlo. I live in upstate New York and experience some extreme cold temperatures. I can't find info about the camera performance in cold temps. It's often below zero up here and sometimes dips down up -30. Any idea how they will fair?
txag2k
AG
quote:
Hey william1978 question regarding the Arlo. I live in upstate New York and experience some extreme cold temperatures. I can't find info about the camera performance in cold temps. It's often below zero up here and sometimes dips down up -30. Any idea how they will fair?
Having read some about this, i know they had a problem at least reporting inaccurate battery % left when in really cold weather, which sounds like would be a problem with you. From further reading it is something they are aware of and will address with a firmware upgrade. Not sure it is actually killing the batteries or just the mis-reporting of % life left.
Absolute
AG
quote:
Sorry bco2003, that's not what I'm asking. I understand how the process works - let me clarify a bit better.

I can't use the modems, so I didn't fill out the survey (and didn't get an Arlo invite).

I'm saying I haven't gotten any product offers since then (none of these other routers going around or anything). I haven't gotten any e-mails from Marynel since around the time of the Arlo stuff. Before then, I would get offers for modems pretty often (though I couldn't use them).

The same thing was happening to me. I emailed her to let her know I had fios and could not help with any of those router products. She responded politely.

I also have not received any other offers since then. But I wrote it off as coincidence.
kfoster
William,

How do we know if we made it into the program before the closure of the survey? I signed up awhile back but have yet to hear anything. I thought it was due to you talking about entering a slow period but have still yet to hear anything. If i didn't make it I understand Just thought I should see if I should keep watching out for an email or something.

Thanks

Kyle
Kampfers
AG
quote:
quote:
Sorry bco2003, that's not what I'm asking. I understand how the process works - let me clarify a bit better.

I can't use the modems, so I didn't fill out the survey (and didn't get an Arlo invite).

I'm saying I haven't gotten any product offers since then (none of these other routers going around or anything). I haven't gotten any e-mails from Marynel since around the time of the Arlo stuff. Before then, I would get offers for modems pretty often (though I couldn't use them).

The same thing was happening to me. I emailed her to let her know I had fios and could not help with any of those router products. She responded politely.

I also have not received any other offers since then. But I wrote it off as coincidence.
I reviewed a modem and a router. Wasn't offered Arlo and haven't been offered anything since the last modem.
FreeLunch
AG
Absolute - I think there are many of us in the same boat. Since there are 400 people in the program, the chance to review Arlo is probably slim pickens. You're winning the mini lottery if you get selected. I appreciate being in the program, however, I think our expectations just need to be adjusted where we're it's not a sure thing to get selected for any product - except cable modems
kb2001
AG
Did anyone else get a survey for feedback on the program in general?

I made sure to add a comment that more Arlos are needed. Please do the same, maybe the rest of us will get a chance
uncover&humpit
AG
Got the survey as well.
Mike92
AG
I got the survey too. I was a little excited at first to see an email from Marynel in my inbox.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Got the survey as well. Was kind of bummed it wasn't to test anything.
wee_ag
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I reviewed a modem and a router. Wasn't offered Arlo and haven't been offered anything since the last modem.

Just an FYI - I turned down all the cable modems but still got the Arlo invite. I think it's probably random.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
quote:
Did anyone else get a survey for feedback on the program in general?

I made sure to add a comment that more Arlos are needed. Please do the same, maybe the rest of us will get a chance

Yep - first e-mail I've gotten in about a month. At least I know she still has my e-mail.
hph6203
AG
Would you like to review more or less products than you already have? Yes or No.
agchino
AG
I just put yes, then in the "Why" box I put I always like getting new tech
Bregxit
AG
quote:
Would you like to review more or less products than you already have? Yes or No.

I chuckled at that question as well.
khkman22
AG
Travis, I'm having issues with viewing clips from my library. All I can do is filter which cameras I can choose from, but when I try to select a day to view the videos, nothing happens. Is this a known issue with other people? I didn't have problems when I first got it, but now even the new add-on camera doesn't work (never has). I restarted the base station but that didn't help either.
Token
AG
quote:
I got the survey too. I was a little excited at first to see an email from Marynel in my inbox.
me too
ExPLK
AG
quote:
Travis, I'm having issues with viewing clips from my library. All I can do is filter which cameras I can choose from, but when I try to select a day to view the videos, nothing happens. Is this a known issue with other people? I didn't have problems when I first got it, but now even the new add-on camera doesn't work (never has). I restarted the base station but that didn't help either.

Are you using a mobile device or your computer? If a mobile device, you have to turn the device into landscape mode (sideways) to view and they break the videos down by days on the right hand side. I have never been able to just look at specific days. I haven't tested on the computer but I would assume it would respond the same way.
HTH
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
The operating temperature is 14 to 122 F (-10 C to 50 C). The camera may not perform optimally in extreme temperatures (tempuratures well below or above the operating temperature) primarily due to the battery constraints.
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
William,

How do we know if we made it into the program before the closure of the survey? I signed up awhile back but have yet to hear anything. I thought it was due to you talking about entering a slow period but have still yet to hear anything. If i didn't make it I understand Just thought I should see if I should keep watching out for an email or something.

Thanks

Kyle
PM me your name or Amazon username and I'll check the list.
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
I added that question
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
I will look into this.
khkman22
AG
It's only a problem on the app. I just tried on the web version and I was able to view without any issues.
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
quote:

Are you using a mobile device or your computer? If a mobile device, you have to turn the device into landscape mode (sideways) to view and they break the videos down by days on the right hand side. I have never been able to just look at specific days. I haven't tested on the computer but I would assume it would respond the same way.
HTH
Here's my official response:

"Yes, we are aware of the issue and have fixed it. It only happens on iOS apps right now. The workaround
is to place the phone or tablet into horizontal view and see all the thumbnails
of the recordings which are clickable.

We also have an internallyapproved fix for the issue and we are just waiting for Apple to approve that
update so we can go live."
khkman22
AG
Thanks, that fixed it. ExPLK, didn't see your response until William quoted it.
trueaggie2782
AG
I also noticed this issue. You can also click on the date directly below the recording date and it will open up.
aggiez03
AG
Travis thanks for letting us in on this awesome promotion!

I have enjoyed using the Arlos.

Can you let the product development team know that a KeyFob based button for Motion Arm & Disarm would be a killer feature?

I have a camera at the front and back doors of the house and have it set to record during daylight hours. Problem is my young kids and wife who are in and out 15 times a day trigger unnecessary motion triggers and thus email alerts.

If Netgear made a keyfob or bluetooth dongle that made it easy to arm & disarm motion record, you would have a near perfect security device.
ExPLK
AG
quote:
Can you let the product development team know that a KeyFob based button for Motion Arm & Disarm would be a killer feature?

I have a camera at the front and back doors of the house and have it set to record during daylight hours. Problem is my young kids and wife who are in and out 15 times a day trigger unnecessary motion triggers and thus email alerts.

If Netgear made a keyfob or bluetooth dongle that made it easy to arm & disarm motion record, you would have a near perfect security device.

Incredible idea! If you could override the schedule with a fob, that would be great.
kb2001
AG
Along the lines of the schedule, how about the ability to set a schedule of when the fob would disable the cameras. This could help prevent someone from getting their hands on a fob to disable the cameras at 3am or something.
ExPLK
AG
Hey Travis - The camera on the Arlo is really good and it captures a pretty wide view. Unfortunately, the cone of the motion detection doesn't encompass the entire width of the view and drops out after about 20 feet. If there was inexpensive, stand alone motion detection unit that could trigger the camera, I think it would be a big hit for people who have a large room or viewing area.

Thanks again for the opportunity. I really think the Arlo is a great product.
pnut02
AG
Uh Oh

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.