Free tech

452,401 Views | 2581 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by tfunk02
AggieBusDriver
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
It is, indeed, happening, and it's going to be glorious...

-OP
Come on internets....
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
How do you sign up in the future? OP link is dead.
Here you go:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NETGEARFriendsandFamilyProgram
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
C'mon Marynel!
kb2001
Martin Q. Blank
quote:
quote:
Here you go:

Thanks. "NETGEAR contact who referred you to the program (Please provide First and Last Name)."?
92_Ag
AG
Do we need to re-fill the survey or should the original one from last year suffice? I'm really hoping to participate in this one as I missed out on the cable modem and wifi router.
n_touch
Nothing here yet. Was really hoping. Maybe another batch going out.
Ganondorf
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Here you go:

Thanks. "NETGEAR contact who referred you to the program (Please provide First and Last Name)."?

It's on page 1.
Ganondorf
AG
quote:

Caliber
AG
I got my email just before 2 o'clock. Come on Arlo.
TracerX
Got the Arlo email. pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease.
irock2513
AG
Pick me, Marynel

jbryan10
AG
Sounds like I missed out on the 2nd round of Arlo emails too... Maybe I'll get offered a 4th modem I can't use as consolation...
khkman22
AG
quote:
Sounds like I missed out on the 2nd round of Arlo emails too... Maybe I'll get offered a 4th modem I can't use as consolation...
Good news is they sent me an email for the cable modem today as well, but I can't use it so there may be another left for you.
brewdawg
AG
Got the invite on my way back from lunch....hopefully I replied in time.
wessimo
AG
quote:
Pick me, Marynel

drhockey14
AG
Still nothing.
92_Ag
AG
quote:
Still nothing.
You're not alone.
Dro07
AG
in bruh!!
cr0wbar
AG
Got mine at 1:53 CST. Sent that sucker back FAST
JonLobb
haven't seen any emails from Marynel in quite some time now :-(
trueaggie2782
AG
Got mine too and sent it within 10 minutes. How long does it usually take before you find out if you've been selected or not?
scrimp
AG
In October, I got an interest email for a N300 router. Inever received a "you're selected" email on this one. About a week later I got an email from FedEx with shipping details and the name of the product and Netgear as the return address.

In November, I got an interest email for a AC750 router. The next day I got an email stating I was selected, and I got shipping info about a week later.
ABKitch
AG
Just FINALLY posted my review for the R650 router and emailed Marynel...I apologized for the delay, and I explained that I've been a little busy, since my wife was HAVING A BABY a month ago. Ha!

Hopefully that will get me back in good graces with her and prompt some new emails for stuff. Obviously with a new baby, I would be a prime candidate for using and reviewing a wireless camera setup, RIIIIGHT?

Oh and a couple of other things...for those who got the original ReadyNAS 104, Netgear has posted a link to the firmware (6.2.2) update here: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26257/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDIxMjU3NjU1L3NpZC9ldlVLSXJjbQ%3D%3D

I could never get mine to update using the buttons on the Admin page, but was able to download the file and install it manually.

And for those asking, I've generally gotten an email with a FedEx shipping number a day or two after I got the original email asking if I was interested (and replied)....but have never gotten any other emails confirming that I was or was not chosen.
Ark03
AG
quote:

Oh and a couple of other things...for those who got the original ReadyNAS 104, Netgear has posted a link to the firmware (6.2.2) update here: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26257/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDIxMjU3NjU1L3NpZC9ldlVLSXJjbQ%3D%3D

I could never get mine to update using the buttons on the Admin page, but was able to download the file and install it manually.
Thanks for the post. I had a little trouble updating mine, but finally got it done over Christmas. I haven't looked at the release notes to see why, but it seems to be running much more stable since then - I haven't rebooted it since, and before the update I was rebooting twice a week because it would drop off the network.
wessimo
AG
Marynel emailed me -YAYYYY!

About a cable modem - DAMNIT!!!!!
AggieBusDriver
AG
quote:

lol me too... and one I've already received and reviewed.
Aggietaco
AG
quote:

Same here. Hung up on one of my guys to respond to the e-mail only to find the CM400.
pnut02
AG
ditto
Ark03
AG
quote:
quote:

Same here. Hung up on one of my guys to respond to the e-mail only to find the CM400.
Here too. I was excited for about half a second. I hate that damn modem - I think I have received 4 emails for it now.
tlepoC
AG
same here
ABKitch
AG
me six.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
Yep. Offer to review a modem I can't use with uverse.
Caliber
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Here too. I was excited for about half a second. I hate that damn modem - I think I have received 4 emails for it now.
I hear that kind of speaking will get you removed from the list. Oh well, more chances for the rest of us.
irock2513
AG
same :/

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.