Free tech

452,411 Views | 2581 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by tfunk02
JonLobb
How long do you want to ignore this user?
man, I wish I'd gotten one. I would love to have had it with my hunting next week.
Ark03
nwspmp
Odd; just got alerted that the shipping notice was cancelled. No testing this weekend I guess...
ABATTBQ11
AG
Got mine yesterday but haven't had a chance to set it up. Going to set up and test tonight.
La Fours
AG
I am wondering, if I missed out on the first survey, but filled out the second survey that Travis posted, am I signed up for this program?
PooDoo
AG
Somebody start another thread with a name people wouldn't visit. A title like free tech is going to continue to attract new applicants and lower our chances to test products.

Any suggestions for a name that would scare off new enrollees?
Ganondorf
AG
Glitter Pony Dance Off
irock2513
AG
quote:
Somebody start another thread with a name people wouldn't visit. A title like free tech is going to continue to attract new applicants and lower our chances to test products.

Any suggestions for a name that would scare off new enrollees?

We Tonight?
PooDoo
AG
Maybe "Wii tonight?" So the mods will keep it in The Nerdery.
hurricanejake02
AG
quote:
Glitter Pony Dance Off
Kampfers
AG
just got an n300 to test. it's no nighthawk but it's better than what i have right now, haha.

only wish I could have gotten one of those TWC modems they emailed about as well.
kb2001
AG
WNR2020v2 arrived a little while ago

dubi
AG
quote:
WNR2020v2 arrived a little while ago

Mine is on the truck for delivery! Whoop!
bigtruckguy3500
I got a FedEx notification that a WNR2020v2 was heading my way, then a few hours later I got a shipment cancellation notice. Anyone have that happen to them?
Scooley01
AG
Yep, I got a notification for it shipping, and then immediately a cancellation.
Token
AG
signed up for the second survey round!
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Sweet. Got a shipping notification for a CM400 Docsis 3.0 Modem.
ExPLK
AG
My router is going out. I sure wish I could get an email back saying that I have been selected...
Ganondorf
AG
In a few days I'll have a Verizon 4G router that I'm willing to part with. It doubles as a regular router as well from what I can tell.
dubi
AG
My WNR2020v2 arrived Fed Ex!
bigtruckguy3500
quote:
Sweet. Got a shipping notification for a CM400 Docsis 3.0 Modem.
Same here. They cancelled my router shipment. I'd rather have the modem anyways since my current one is Docsis 2.0.
Aggie71013
AG
quote:
My WNR2020v2 arrived Fed Ex!

Mine too. Got it set up and working. I really like the Netgear Genie App. It offers a lot more functionality than my previous Belkin Router. The Belkin router is an overall better router, but the WNR2020v2 is more than sufficient for my needs.
bco2003
AG
dubi & others,

After getting the NAS, did you re-register on the original survey again to get selected for the router as well. Or did you just submit that original survey once?

Thanks
BEaggie08
AG
Only did the survey once.
Kampfers
AG
Also got a shipping notification on that modem! Perfect!
dubi
AG
quote:
Only did the survey once.

Then I think they are just randomly sending out items.
kb2001
AG
I filled out the original survey, a few days later I got an email saying if I wanted to test the NAS to reply to the email (to Marynel). A few days later I got the shipping notification. For the router, I received an email stating that if I was interested in trying this router, follow the link and fill out the survey. A few days later I got the shipping notification.

The OP said this program was just getting off the ground, and would be more automated later, I suspect that they're just adjusting the process a bit more for this second round. Filling out the survey makes sense to me, this way they get a list of email addresses (and other info) that have expressed interest in the router, as opposed to Marynel trying to keep track in her inbox, or manually maintaining a spreadsheet
bco2003
AG
Thanks for the info.
OkinTexas
quote:
howdy ags, I'm class of '00 and work for NETGEAR. This year, we started a friends and family program where we give out free product in exchange for honest reviews of the product online. No gimmicks. We make lots of stuff (NAS, routers, switches, extenders, modems, mobile hotspots, powerline). periodically, we'll reach out to our friends and family (they didn't say I couldn't invite the aggie family ) to test product. Once you sign up, you can decline or accept the specific product they ask you to review each time they email you, and you can get off the list anytime you want. if you want to join, click on the link below and sign up. This link takes you to our first F&F product, which is actually a live review right now. It will ask you if you want to receive other emails, just click yes and your name will be added to the database. Not everyone who asks for product will necessarily get one, as the number of review units are finite each time, but the earlier you respond the better the chance. The questionnaire must be filled out in order to qualify for the program. more t&c below. Too bad they don't have a few AP's at Kyle, my cell reception on Saturday was crap, although it looks like they'll be adding 4g distributors next year.

Happy testing!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/XAVB5221

If you are selected, a letter will go out with the shipment of the product, asking you to
install, evaluate and write an objective review. To take part in
the program you are required to acknowledge you received the
product free from NETGEAR as a participant in the Friends and Family
Review Program.

Once the product is shipped, a follow up email will be sent to confirm receipt of product, containing a
convenient link to posting a review on Amazon.

Makdaddy
replacing my router/modem combo, any modems y'all recommend??
dubi
AG
quote:
Replacing my router/modem combo, any modems y'all recommend??

Some internet providers have specific modems you have to buy (Comcast). Suddenlink you can just buy the Motorola modem/router @ Walmart.
Iowaggie
AG
quote:
I got a FedEx notification that a WNR2020v2 was heading my way, then a few hours later I got a shipment cancellation notice. Anyone have that happen to them?

Yes. Same thing happened to me.
Big_Worm
AG
quote:
replacing my router/modem combo, any modems y'all recommend??

Motorola surfboard. It's all you will need with suddenlink.
htxag09
AG
Just got the cable modem email. Too bad I have uverse.
Big_Worm
AG
quote:
Just got the cable modem email. Too bad I have uverse.
Same here, with Suddenlink.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.