Free tech

452,448 Views | 2581 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by tfunk02
AgsMyDude
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Is the US program not available any more. Would love to sign up!
jbryan10
AG
Travis, any chance of the Arlo Q being offered up for review?
trueaggie2782
AG
Can any of you guys that got the powerline kits comment on how well they work? I am recommending the nighthawk to a friend but the house that he is putting it in is too long. Therefore our idea is to install the nighthawk on one side of the house and then run the powerline kit between the nighthawk and an access point. Also, does anyone have a recommendation for a good access point?
Bregxit
AG
quote:
Can any of you guys that got the powerline kits comment on how well they work? I am recommending the nighthawk to a friend but the house that he is putting it in is too long. Therefore our idea is to install the nighthawk on one side of the house and then run the powerline kit between the nighthawk and an access point. Also, does anyone have a recommendation for a good access point?

I use the Powerline kits regularly and have no issues with them. I got tired of waiting for Fallout 4 to download over wireless the other day so I popped a PL in the living room with a switch to have a wired connection. Before getting my office rewired I used them to connect the gateway upstairs to the office downstairs and it worked great.
bco2003
AG
quote:

I've tested them in two newer houses (built around 2003) and had lackluster results in both. Even trying plugs in the same room, I didn't get transfer speeds over 3-5 Mbps. It works, but is slow.

That being said, I still have it if you are interested in buying.
Bregxit
AG
quote:
quote:

I've tested them in two newer houses (built around 2003) and had lackluster results in both. Even trying plugs in the same room, I didn't get transfer speeds over 3-5 Mbps. It works, but is slow.

That being said, I still have it if you are interested in buying.
I guess the answer is YMMV then. I get full throughput (45mbps in my case) on multiple outlets in my house.
flintdragon
AG
Connection speed is fine but it does tend to need to be rebooted (unplugged, replugged) more than my previous set, at least with the review unit I got.
Ark03
AG
quote:
I tested mine in my house built in 1998, and got full speeds (close to 50 Mbps) in all rooms. I ended up setting up my Roku 3 on a powerline, and it was 100% stable for over three months. I just pulled them to see if they would work at my parents' house.

Now that was a different story. My parents have a separate workshop run off the house breaker box, but on a separate phase. It didn't work. The distance was a couple hundred feet, and I saw some forums where people successfully got powerline adapters to work at up to a couple hundred yards, but I never could get it to work. I suspected they don't like being on separate phases, but I don't know enough about electricity to know if that was it.
AgsMyDude
AG
sooo...can I not sign up, too late to the game?
camarolt1guy
quote:
sooo...can I not sign up, too late to the game?
Me too. I sit here all day so i got a lot of testing time
Aggietaco
AG
I'm guessing if/when they find a need for more participants they will open up the survey. But since this thread mainly consists of people complaining about not receiving any items to test in the past X days/weeks/months, there are plenty of reviewers for a limited supply of product.
wee_ag
AG
The Arlo Q is beautiful!

http://arlo.com/en-us/landing/Arlo-Q-by-Netgear.aspx?cid=arloimageone116
wee_ag
AG
IT'S ALIVE!!!!!

Just got an invite for the WNAP320 ProSAFE Wireless-N (Business)

http://www.netgear.com/business/products/wireless/business-wireless/wnap320.aspx

Dro07
AG
SHUT UR MOUF!!!
jay040
Caliber
AG
Got an invite for that too... Gonna have to pass though, pretty set in that department right now.
Vade281
AG
All I get is wireless networking item invites...I want an Arlo!
Ganondorf
AG
I typically get the networking stuff and not the cameras. I enjoy the routers and APs but the camera system would be awesome some day.
PooDoo
AG
quote:
IT'S ALIVE!!!!!

http://www.netgear.com/business/products/wireless/business-wireless/wnap320.aspx

Got the email for the survey this morning.
kb2001
AG
quote:
quote:
IT'S ALIVE!!!!!

Got the email for the survey this morning.
Sam here
TracerX
Got the email that I wasn't selected for the wnap. It was nice to get notified just so I knew for sure!
hurricanejake02
AG
WNAP320 inbound... sorry Tracer.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
yeah, 2nd or 3rd time in the last few months I've done the survey and then didn't get selected.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Got mine.

This will go nice in the office.
PooDoo
AG
quote:
Got the email that I wasn't selected for the wnap. It was nice to get notified just so I knew for sure!
I wasn't selected either... Man, I miss Marynel.
wee_ag
AG
In.
PooDoo
AG
Looks like I got selected for the NAS! Long live Mr. Ben Pool!
ExPLK
AG
I got selected for a rack mounted NAS for my small business as well. Looking forward to setting up that bad boy and using the automation with Dropbox for geo redundancy of important data and files.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Got selected for the WAC730! I wish I had two to try the Ensemble setup though. Travis, could something like this be worked into future tests? I tested another access point and wanted to try the bridge mode, but I would have needed two. It's hard to get a feel for these kinds of setups with only one device.
Mike92
AG
I got an email for the WAC720 but I think I'm going to pass on it. I really have no need for another WAP at this time.
wee_ag
AG
Any of you ReadyNAS 314 users have issues when using it to stream? I've been using mine to store some movies and it's worked fine, but I recently transferred several new movies and now my Xbox and iPad don't see the new ones. The original folder/files show up and I can view the new ones via computer but not other devices.

I've rebooted everything multiple times and double checked the sharing set-up with no change.
La Fours
AG
Are the new movies the same format as the others?
wee_ag
AG
They are, even tried several formats. They don't even show up with in the file browser on the netgear genie app
La Fours
AG
Are the new movies in the same folder as the rest of the movies?
wee_ag
AG
Yes. I tried new folders, the old folders and even no folders in the root. I also moved movies that were playing to new folders and they still show in the original folders.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.