Free tech

452,360 Views | 2581 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by tfunk02
trueaggie2782
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Happened to me too. Hit the factory reset button. Then you can set it up per their instructions.
htxag09
AG
Tried that last night, still had the same issue after it rebooted. Will try again when I get home from work today.
Aggietaco
AG
Took me 3 "factory resets" for it to actually work and the unprotected network to show up.
ABATTBQ11
AG
I wonder if Netgear needs testers/reviewers for the new Orbi. I'd love to get my hands on one.
irock2513
AG
quote:
I wonder if Netgear needs testers/reviewers for the new Orbi. I'd love to get my hands on one.
Realllllllly hoping to snag one of these.
htxag09
AG
Just an update, finally had some time to get back to this last night.

Did a factory reset about 5 or so times. Finally popped up correctly as an unsecured network and setup from that point was a breeze.

Thanks for the assistance.
BEaggie08
AG
quote:
This X 1,000,000.

I've been testing stuff for the last year and I just can't get to a good place where I have coverage throughout the house. Unfortunately, I can only put the modem/router in one room (study) in the front corner of the first floor. Master Bedroom doesn't get ish for coverage.
ExPLK
AG
+1 for Orbi. Excited to see it in action. Hope they need testers/reviewers.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Just got selected for the extender.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Try powerline adapters?
Naveronski
AG
Looks like I'll be testing the 3x3 Dual-band Nighthawk router.
ExPLK
AG
It's been a while since I've been asked to participate. However, I've gotten my fair share of items to test and review. I'm glad to see the program is still alive and kicking.
dragons06
AG
Got shipping confirmation today for Nighthawk X4 AC2200 WiFi Range Extender (EX7300) after taking the survey on 8/8.
nwspmp
quote:
Got shipping confirmation today for Nighthawk X4 AC2200 WiFi Range Extender (EX7300) after taking the survey on 8/8.
Same here. Should be in tomorrow!
BEaggie08
AG
quote:
Try powerline adapters?
I have. The adapters have worked great in previous homes, but not so well here. I don't know if it's because my study is on a different circuit or what, but it's annoying. I hate living in a house without Cat 5.
La Fours
AG
I got a shipping notification for a N300 Wifi Range Extender at lunch today. The original email I got said it was to be a Nighthawk range extender, but Ben sent a follow up email correcting it to the N300 one.
htxag09
AG
Starting to get more emails....got the range extender and also got an email for a modem, unfortunately have to turn down the modem as I have UVerse. But hopefully it is picking back up a little...
frorge
AG
The original survey link no longer works. Any of y'all know if a guy can still get in on this?
Dro07
AG
Nope
agfox06
AG
i received the Range Extender on Thursday. I can't seem to get past a login screen. I can connect to the wifi network but I get a login screen, just name and password, no Create Account links or anything. I've reset it at least 4 times. Every time I have no trouble connecting to the network.

Any ideas?
OldArmyBrent
AG
The old Arlo firmware had trouble with special characters in the wifi network name. Could that be the problem with the range extender?
Iowaggie
AG
quote:
i received the Range Extender on Thursday. I can't seem to get past a login screen. I can connect to the wifi network but I get a login screen, just name and password, no Create Account links or anything. I've reset it at least 4 times. Every time I have no trouble connecting to the network.

Any ideas?

This has been my experience as well.

Additionally, the mywifi webpage given doesn't load.

Also, the directions say that the extender will just have the old name with _EXT type extension, and that hasn't been true either.

htxag09
AG
Sounds like y'all may be having a little different problem than I had....I'll outline what I saw and did just in case.

When plugging in the extended it was coming up under a different wifi network name, the network was also password protected and the directions gave no password. So I reset the extended several times, checking the network every time. After about the maybe 7th reset the network came up with the correct name and it wasn't corrected. When I selected it, it immediately opened up my web browser and I just followed the directions at that point.

I would maybe keep trying to reset it? How many times have you tried?
wessimo
AG
Is anyone else having issues with Amazon deleting their reviews? I posted a positive review on the range extender with the disclosure that I received it for free. The review was live for a few hours then deleted without notice. I wrote a second review under my wife's account and was even more intentional about making it unbiased. That one got deleted also. Not sure if AMZ is cracking down on this or what :/
wee_ag
AG
Invite for DSL Modem! I can't use it, but I'm glad to know things are still happening.

ABATTBQ11
AG
Damn. Just checked my email and found an email for a router. From Sept 7. Hope it's still good...
irock2513
AG
GOT MY CONFIRMATION EMAIL FOR ORBI!

So pumped.
dubi
AG
quote:
GOT MY CONFIRMATION EMAIL FOR ORBI!

So pumped.
Loser. Again.
sawemoffshort07
AG
quote:
The original survey link no longer works. Any of y'all know if a guy can still get in on this?
Same question. I want in.
CWIsom
Me 3
trueaggie2782
AG
I got in the program right before registration closed. I haven't received an offer in 6 months to a year. I've chalked it up to last in-first out. I can't complain though because I've got my fair share of gear.
sawemoffshort07
AG
So I guess no chance of getting in?
Aggietaco
AG
irock2513
AG
Naveronski
AG
Lucky you!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.