Free tech

452,541 Views | 2581 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by tfunk02
wee_ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Or maybe one of y'all got my email.
This is what I'm thinking happened to me...
dubi
AG
I chose #1.

Marynel the intern; you have mail.
dubi
AG
My email had my name.
Aggie71013
AG
quote:
My email had my name.
Mine did too. It sounds like the spreadsheet or database was corrupted and names weren't correlated to the correct addresses.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
So I e-mailed Marynel and told them about the mixup. Hopefully it's okay.

ABKitch - I'm not going to interfere with the address via Fedex - I'll just trust that whoever gets mine (headed to Rockwall ) doesn't change that package either.

We'll see how it all works out, but my guess is folks that change their Fedex destination are going to end up with theirs and somebody elses while the folks that it was going to are going to get nothing. Hopefully not, but I'd rather leave it alone than potentially screw somebody else out of theirs (obviously that isn't anyone's intent).
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
On a side note, if Netgear wants us to test any correlation software, they may not want to send it to us
ABKitch
AG
My guess is that all of these will be cancelled, addresses verified (if that's possible?) and re-sent.

Hey, at least it didn't cost US anything.
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
Hey guys, before we burn down netgear HQ and murder the intern, I will look into this in the morning. If it got screwed up, we will fix it. Thanks for the patience.
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
Hey, if you did the survey or requested to test a unit and did not get a response, PM me and give me something like your amazon user name and I will look in the database to make sure you are there.
2006EE
AG
quote:
Hey guys, before we burn down netgear HQ and murder the intern, I will look into this in the morning. If it got screwed up, we will fix it. Thanks for the patience.

Yeah. You tell them I responded in 14 minutes. Those hour people can suck it.
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
On a positive note, these all went fedex 2 day, so if you get it, it will be quick.
wee_ag
AG
Hey william1978 - us LOLpoors can't PM, so my amazon email is my username at frontiernet dot net
and my amazon username, I think, is Brian
dubi
AG
quote:

I think the only person upset was the guy who wasn't getting one!

I was humored by this and we have all made mistakes at work. We will not string up the intern!
Aggie71013
AG
quote:

How can anyone be upset about having the opportunity to test hardware? Thanks for all your hardwork William1978. We're all appreciative and were just laughing at the comic nature of the situation!
JonLobb
quote:
quote:

How can anyone be upset about having the opportunity to test hardware? Thanks for all your hardwork William1978. We're all appreciative and were just laughing at the comic nature of the situation!
agreed. I'm not upset even a little. i have complete confidence that whatever happens it'll come eventually, and even if it doesn't, I still haven't lost anything. I'll be disappointed, but definitely not upset.

I'm a Netgear loyalist, and I know you have absolutely the best customer service in the industry, this is but a hiccup.
ABKitch
AG
I'm surprised at FedEx more than anything...that they would even allow shipments to be created for places that don't exist (Hempstead, Colorado....Wheat Ridge, Texas...etc.)

I'm curious what will happen to those shipments once they get to a local FedEx center, and they can't figure out where the package is actually going....return to sender?
adamsbq06
AG
I actually think its a fedex issue... when you try to customize delivery it gives you options of picking up at the fedex closest to you...

I am not located in Austin... I am in Cypress, TX

Lobster Twins
AG
I called FedEx and mine showing Austin is actually going to the correct address in FW.

I bet this was FedEx mess up through the original scan/tracking procedures. I've seen this type of confusing stuff before in the origination scans.
Scooley01
AG
My amazon username is Scooley01 or Scooley01@gmail.com
jbryan10
AG
quote:
I actually think its a fedex issue... when you try to customize delivery it gives you options of picking up at the fedex closest to you...

I am not located in Austin... I am in Cypress, TX

Well good news, mine shows as going to Cypress instead of Houston!
JonLobb
quote:
I'm surprised at FedEx more than anything...that they would even allow shipments to be created for places that don't exist (Hempstead, Colorado....Wheat Ridge, Texas...etc.)

I'm curious what will happen to those shipments once they get to a local FedEx center, and they can't figure out where the package is actually going....return to sender?
as long as the zip code is correct the city and state that are written on the package mean nothing at all. the only thing that matters is the zip code.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
quote:

To be fair, I don't think mine said Texas, just said Wheat Ridge.

Who'd wanna live there?
adamsbq06
AG
My current NAS is my time capsule from APPL. I am looking forward to this. The Apple is great but no options to expand it. I have been thinking about getting a dedicated NAS for a while now.

On a side note. I wonder what other products they will be letting us get our hands on.
third
AG
Mine says it is going to Collierville, TX which does not exist.
Aggie71013
AG
quote:
I called FedEx and mine showing Austin is actually going to the correct address in FW.

I bet this was FedEx mess up through the original scan/tracking procedures. I've seen this type of confusing stuff before in the origination scans.

I just called Fedex and got the same answer. The address on file with Fedex is the correct address.
2006EE
AG
So the "mistake" of me replying first and getting passed up wasn't a mistake?

Thanks Obama.
JonLobb
so is anybody 2 for 2 yet?

Powerline Adapter and NAS?
Ark03
AG
I replied within 4 minutes ... I think I was first.
Bregxit
AG
quote:
FedEx Express National Service DisruptionLast updated September 26, 2014 FedEx experienced significant power outages last night at the FedEx Express Memphis Hub that affected our sort operations. We immediately implemented contingency plans to minimize the impact to our customers. We regret any inconvenience this has caused. Consistent with the provisions of the FedEx Service Guide, the money-back guarantee is not in effect for FedEx Express packages due for delivery on September 26, 2014.
Maybe this did something screwy with their tracking?
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
Hey guys, we are addressing the issue with Fedex and are getting everything corrected. It might delay a couple of shipments, but it will all get sorted out. I appreciate all the patience. I'll also be looking into the full list to make sure that everyone is in the database.

I was told that the issue affected less than 5 people, so the majority of you should see a unit on your front porch by Monday or Tuesday.
Jason_Ag98
AG
Thanks, William!
Aggie71013
dubi
AG
Glad to hear all is well in nerd land!

My hubby was so laughing at me and all the Fedex drama last night.

:-)

Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
You guys are incredible. so here's the deal...

90 of you signed up for the program. We had 40 NAS to dole out. that's why some of you did not hear back. And I know some of you replied quickly. I'm sorry if you didn't get one. Due to the level of "interest" I have called a meeting in 2 weeks to discuss how we can throw more product at this program in general so that we can feed the wolves (that's you). so don't get discouraged, we are going to address supply and demand.

The fedex stuff will get corrected. we're on it. that whole mishap was just weird.

I'm still going to PM anyone that PM'd me, but for those of you who don't have that function, just know that your name is on the list.
JonLobb
hey william,

I just threw you guys a freebie and reviewed my new Nighthawk R7000 on Amazon.

cliffnotes: It's awesome but I wish the USB 3.0 port was on the back.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.