Free tech

452,543 Views | 2581 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by tfunk02
MrPlow2010
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any more Arlos?
Krussian09
AG
Yes I'm signed up for the IT professional test group.
adamsbq06
AG
m in both groups and I haven't heard anything since marynel was running the show... hopefully I haven't been removed from the list...
trueaggie2782
AG
quote:
m in both groups and I haven't heard anything since marynel was running the show... hopefully I haven't been removed from the list...

+1
FTACO97
AG
Anyone who got the ReadyNAS device, did you use the iphone picture backup feature of the iphone app?

I'm trying to figure out the point of it. Have backed up my iphone and my wife's. If I delete a picture from the phone, it deletes it on the backup. If I go to the ReadyNAS itself to copy the picture files somewhere else, it tells me the folder is empty. It would make sense to me that the purpose is to backup the pictures from the phone so you can delete them from the phone...

Anyone figured that out?
txag2k
AG
quote:
Anyone who got the ReadyNAS device, did you use the iphone picture backup feature of the iphone app?

I'm trying to figure out the point of it. Have backed up my iphone and my wife's. If I delete a picture from the phone, it deletes it on the backup. If I go to the ReadyNAS itself to copy the picture files somewhere else, it tells me the folder is empty. It would make sense to me that the purpose is to backup the pictures from the phone so you can delete them from the phone...

Anyone figured that out?

No but that's exactly what I like to do for my wife's phone so we can drop her monthly iCloud fees ($0.99/mo.)
txag2k
AG
quote:
quote:

Anyone figured that out?

No but that's exactly what I'd like to do for my wife's phone so we can drop her monthly iCloud fees ($0.99/mo.)
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
I got an email for a rackmount nas and an outdoor wifi antenna.
We did a small batch of rackmount NAS and outdoor AP's.

I can't wait to hear what you think about the outdoor AP. I saw that thing work while submerged in a fish tank.
aneisch
AG
quote:
quote:

I can't wait to hear what you think about the outdoor AP. I saw that thing work while submerged in a fish tank.
Did they go out? I got the survey but never a shipping notice, maybe wan't selected.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
quote:
quote:

Curious as well as to whether or not these shipped out.

I applied for both but haven't seen anything on either as far as shipping.
fta09
AG
So I got the N300 router from this months ago, but with a move that had happened, I had forgotten about it. Well, last night I was experiencing some issues with my Fire TV stick (kept losing connection in Netflix and HBO GO) and my wife's iPad, so I assumed it had something to do with my Linksys router. Hooked up this Netgear router in minutes and it worked great! I should have started using this thing months ago when my wife first complained about some WiFi issues.

Hopefully I'll get some more offers for stuff. Now that I got off my lazy butt, I'm much more eager to try some of their stuff.
Shiner Bock
AG
I guess I'm too late to the party Love testing (free) stuff
quahog_ag
AG
Yeah, me too. Wish I could have got in on this. Maybe they will open it back up in the future.
uncover&humpit
AG
Got an invite for the ac1200 usb wifi adapter
schwabbin
AG
quote:
Got an invite for the ac1200 usb wifi adapter

Same here
ExPLK
AG
Ditto.
MaroonOut09
AG
I got an invite yesterday for the AC1200 WIFi USB Adapter and an invite today for the Nighthawk AC1900 WIFi Cable Modem Router.
Token
AG
Got an invite for the nighthawk
dubi
AG
quote:
Nighthawk AC1900 WIFi Cable Modem Router.
wessimo
AG
Dangit, I could really use the nighthawk. Got invites for the rack mount NAS and outdoor access point but did not respond since I didn't need them.
Aggietaco
AG
WTF Meng
htxag09
AG
Can you use the nighthawk with AT&T Uverse?
Ark03
AG
quote:
Can you use the nighthawk with AT&T Uverse?
Yes. I use it with Verizon Fios, and it wouldn't be much different with Uverse. Here is a guide on how to set it up: http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26748/~/how-do-i-set-up-netgear-r7000-router-with-my-existing-internet-service-provider
Caliber
AG
The one I got an invite for was the C7000, not the R7000. This one is a cable modern/router.
Bregxit
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I assume they did. I got a followup email from Meng asking if I had a PoE switch which I don't. Didn't notice that was how it is powered.
ExPLK
AG
The C7000/AC1900 looks sick! I hope that I get a survey for that mean machine. Fingers crossed cuz I need a new modem as my SB6121 only supports 50mb down with TWC.

BTW - my last survey invite came from Azine. Did Meng get a friend?
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I assume they did. I got a followup email from Meng asking if I had a PoE switch which I don't. Didn't notice that was how it is powered.

Got the same e-mail last night, so they may not have sent them out yet after all. We'll see, I suppose.
uncover&humpit
AG
Got a shipping notification. It says weight is 5 lbs so hopefully it is the outdoor wireless access point.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
Just got the "no go" e-mail on the access point. Bummer - actually filled a huge need in our new house.

Oh well - on to the next one and I like that they're sending out e-mails now if you don't get picked so you know.

Good program!
La Fours
AG
quote:
Just got the "no go" e-mail on the access point. Bummer - actually filled a huge need in our new house.

Oh well - on to the next one and I like that they're sending out e-mails now if you don't get picked so you know.

Good program!
I got the same email. It was nice to be notified, even though I won't be receiving the product.
dubi
AG
quote:

Good program!

I didn't receive a "no" email, so I hope that means one will ship to me soon!
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
Hope so, dubi!
ABATTBQ11
AG
Haven't gotten anything in six months. Wondering if I'm still in the list
JeffAggie2012
AG
quote:
Haven't gotten anything in six months. Wondering if I'm still in the list

Last email I got was on Feb. 24th for the Business F&F.
AgDev01
AG
I hadn't gotten an email since December and got one a week or so ago. My guess is that the number of people is pretty big and number of products to be tested is low thus the long time between. Good news is I would guess you are still on the list.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.