Free tech

452,570 Views | 2581 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by tfunk02
Trek Strategy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
quote:
Travis thanks for letting us in on this awesome promotion!

I have enjoyed using the Arlos.

Can you let the product development team know that a KeyFob based button for Motion Arm & Disarm would be a killer feature?

I have a camera at the front and back doors of the house and have it set to record during daylight hours. Problem is my young kids and wife who are in and out 15 times a day trigger unnecessary motion triggers and thus email alerts.

If Netgear made a keyfob or bluetooth dongle that made it easy to arm & disarm motion record, you would have a near perfect security device.
Shared!! Thanks.
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
Hey Travis - The camera on the Arlo is really good and it captures a pretty wide view. Unfortunately, the cone of the motion detection doesn't encompass the entire width of the view and drops out after about 20 feet. If there was inexpensive, stand alone motion detection unit that could trigger the camera, I think it would be a big hit for people who have a large room or viewing area.

Thanks again for the opportunity. I really think the Arlo is a great product.
Good idea. i don't think that one is on the roadmap, but I will suggest it or find out if we are looking at other motion detection improvements.
wessimo
AG
When's the next round? Ready to test and review!
PooDoo
AG
Anyone else get in on the Arlo Add On Cam?
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
quote:

Other than the program improvement email I haven't gotten anything from marynel in over a month.
ExPLK
AG
quote:
aneisch
AG
Got the add on
wee_ag
AG
No addon
trueaggie2782
AG
Check your emails. Just got one to opt in to Friends and Family Small Business program.
cena05
AG
Just got the new Business Friends and Family Program email.
Dro07
AG
i wish i had a small bidness
trueaggie2782
AG
There's no requirement to have a small business.
uncover&humpit
AG
Got the email for Business Friends and Family as well. Thanks Travis!
adamsbq06
AG
If you aren't a legitimate IT professional I would pass on this one.
Aggie71013
AG
quote:

This. These devices will be in another class that the average consumer will have little experience with or need for. I'm an IT professional and I'm not even signing up
JonLobb
quote:
quote:

This. These devices will be in another class that the average consumer will have little experience with or need for. I'm an IT professional and I'm not even signing up
I'm tempted. I don't have a small business, but I do have the ability and the desire to test out these devices. I may see if I can get on a "reviewer of last resort" list. I would be interested in trying them out, but I wouldn't want to prevent somebody with a real need from getting instead.
tlepoC
AG
IT professional that isn't signing up for it either. Just...don't have the need.
adamsbq06
AG
My previous professional experience was in IT consulting. A lot of my accounts were literally running off of either consumer grade routers or switches and homemade servers... I replaced all of it in short order with much more reliable equipment.

wee_ag
AG
Got Business F&F invite AND Arlo camera add-on survey.

I'm still loved...
OKG2000
AG
Are they going to open the sign up again anytime soon?
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm tempted. I don't have a small business, but I do have the ability and the desire to test out these devices. I may see if I can get on a "reviewer of last resort" list. I would be interested in trying them out, but I wouldn't want to prevent somebody with a real need from getting instead.

You can always pass on the e-mails if the product is one you have no use for or won't be able to test well.
hph6203
AG
They likely send products to a subset of a subset of the whole (all business f&f>survey recipients>product receivers), so simply signing up and ignoring the offers is still potentially removing products from someone who has a legitimate need and capability of using that product.

Does that matter? It's up to you. I imagine that the products being sent out are actually products that overlap the consumer and business spaces, rather than strictly business level products.
wee_ag
AG
Hey william1978/Travis

I got the addon Arlo camera today (whoop!) and it came with another base station. I was expecting just a small box with an extra camera, but this almost seems like a complete one camera kit. Did I get the right thing?
flintdragon
AG
quote:
Hey william1978/Travis

I got the addon Arlo camera today (whoop!) and it came with another base station. I was expecting just a small box with an extra camera, but this almost seems like a complete one camera kit. Did I get the right thing?
dibs!
ExPLK
AG
My add on camera came by itself in a small box like you described (with no base). Sounds like you may have gotten the single camera unit instead of the add on.
aggiez03
AG
quote:
My add on camera came by itself in a small box like you described (with no base). Sounds like you may have gotten the single camera unit instead of the add on.
mine too.

Takes longer to get it out of the box and put batteries in than it does to add it to the network!
ExPLK
AG
quote:
quote:
mine too.

Takes longer to get it out of the box and put batteries in than it does to add it to the network!

Ha! That is exactly what I said in my review!
PooDoo
AG
I haven't been able to get my add on to sync with the base. Waiting to hear back from their tech support guy.
kb2001
AG
Just got an invite for VPN Firewall, FVS318G

Anybody else?
La Fours
AG
Me too
99TxAggie
AG
Yep
Caliber
AG
Got an invite for WAC120 wireless access point.
Bregxit
AG
quote:

Got an invite to this but links to the firewall with it. Will decline the AP as I have already owned one.
ftaggie09
AG
Received a single arlo unit hope to get some time this week to set it up. Watched the video and it seems very simple.
bco2003
AG
quote:
Me too

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.