Free tech

452,344 Views | 2581 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by tfunk02
Scooley01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yeah, that's totally normal. Sometimes you'll get a couple different emails one day, and not hear about any projects for a couple weeks or more.
jay040
Jsut got this email:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Arlo (VMS3230). We have another Arlo opportunity that we would like to extend to you featuring the Arlo Smart Home Add-on HD Security Camera (VMC3030).
agchino
AG
quote:
Jsut got this email:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Arlo (VMS3230). We have another Arlo opportunity that we would like to extend to you featuring the Arlo Smart Home Add-on HD Security Camera (VMC3030).

Just got it too!
wessimo
AG
Still bitter over no Arlo
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
Awesome - another round of the Arlo guys getting more toys.

wee_ag
The Pilot
AG
Any more need for testers???
Scooley01
AG
quote:

Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
Haven't gotten any emails from marynel since the modems that went out the same day as the arlo stuff. Is that normal? Hoping I'm still on the list if it is going to allow for a private group for IT stuff.
If you were getting emails, you are still on the list.
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
quote:

Maybe you guys shouldn't rub it in...
Caliber
AG
We all knew from the start that those that got Arlo's were the pool to give out expansion camera's too. Shouldn't be a surprise that they came out.

Now, about those 'consolation' prize, fully loaded NAS's I said you should send out...
La Fours
AG
I am definitely interested in this!!! I hope to see an email from Marynel about it.
Bregxit
AG
quote:

Another round of whiny children. Good Lord!
jay040
quote:
Maybe you guys shouldn't rub it in...

Sorry.. Didn't mean it like that.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
quote:
quote:

Another round of whiny children. Good Lord!

No problem with people getting it, just would prefer not have to read 15 posts every time you guys get the email and then another 15 every time you get a shipping notice.

Call it whiny if you wish.
trueaggie2782
AG
I agree with not trying to say something every time you get an email but to play devils advocate, the announcements let you know when you should be looking out for emails.
Dro07
AG
just put my N300 WiFi Router (WNR2020) to the test and apparently my previous router has been crap! I am hitting 51mbs upload and 5.35 upload on wifi... the download was just in the mid 20s previously. downloads pron in seconds!!! Whats the typical time you guys take to post a review?
Josepi
AG
quote:
just put my N300 WiFi Router (WNR2020) to the test and apparently my previous router has been crap! I am hitting 51mbs upload and 5.35 upload on wifi... the download was just in the mid 20s previously. downloads pron in seconds!!! Whats the typical time you guys take to post a review?
Unless Travis requests it sooner, I typically put in my review within 4-5 days. It gives me a chance to try things out.
ExPLK
AG
I think you need to give it at least a week or so before you review the product. If not, I would recommend updating the review after a little bit of time with it. You want to put the product through its paces and provide an accurate assessment.

I have seen Netgear make improvements to products based on feedback they receive.
PooDoo
AG
My Arlo is on the way!
bdgol07
AG
A buddy told me about this and I filled out the information. Is it still possible to be a part of the testing?
trueaggie2782
AG
Scooley01
AG
quote:
A buddy told me about this and I filled out the information. Is it still possible to be a part of the testing?

Maybe we should make a new rule that if you invite someone, they can join the group, but you have to leave in exchange.

Kidding, of course!
jcag15157
AG
Just wanted to say thanks. Was forwarded the survey info back in October and have had the opportunity to review a couple of products.

I dug up my Texags login info so I could actually post and not just lurk in this thread every few days.
ExPLK
AG
Heads up. Just got a shipping notification for an Arlo system. It may be another round that they are sending...
wee_ag
AG
quote:
Heads up. Just got a shipping notification for an Arlo system. It may be another round that they are sending...

ME TOOOOOO!!!!
n_touch
Bummer still have not received a survey
AggieBusDriver
AG
quote:
Bummer still have not received a survey

Me neither. Misery loves company.
CrockerCock00
AG
quote:
quote:
How do you sign up in the future? OP link is dead.
Here you go:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NETGEARFriendsandFamilyProgram

william1978, are you still taking general signups? Neither this link, nor the one on the OP are open any longer.
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
OK, so I have a few updates for you guys.

1. We are doing another small round of Arlo units.
2. I sat down with Marynel and looked at the entire program with her. Membership has grown steadily and is up over 400 people. That's one of the reasons that some of you have not received emails lately. Marynel is trying to feed some of the new people. Because I know that many of you actually want to get more products to test, I've shut down the general survey to curtail membership. Sorry if this ticks of some of you newbies, but the program has grown too large for right now.
3. I asked Marynel to send out a survey to all of you guys, so that we can get a feel for what you think of the program, what suggestions you have, and how many of you want more product vs less product. Based on the survey results, we'll make a few tweaks to feed the hungrier reviewers. Keep an eye out for that and please take the time to give your feedback so that we can keep making this program better.
4. We are not going to slow down review units any time soon, so don't misunderstand this post.
5. I know that there have been too many Cable Modem requests. We're going to slow that down quite a bit, but not entirely. I REALLY appreciate all your help with the modems. The audience is small since they are carrier specific, but we really need the help, even if you already have a cable modem. Just give it to a friend and test the new ones if you don't mind. Sorry about all those repetitive requests, however.

As always, thanks for all your help and all that you do. Let me know if you have any questions!

Aggietaco
AG
Thanks again for bringing this to TexAgs.

And I'm running out of friends to give my T&E modems to...
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
Thanks again for bringing this to TexAgs.

And I'm running out of friends to give my T&E modems to...
Here you go:

www.match.com

Dro07
Caliber
AG
Thanks for the update! I think y'all have done great for a new program, but some people will always complain.
nwspmp
Want to also thank you guys for giving us the opportunity to help out and try the new tech. The Arlo system works incredibly well, and has already sold my neighbor (she went and bought a basic two camera system and I installed it for her yesterday) based on the ease of use and setup!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.