Free tech

452,435 Views | 2581 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by tfunk02
wee_ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I marked that I was interested in testing any/everything, but I've received zero emails so far. The survey in the OP is closed, so I can't re-do it.
Same for me, got no emails.

Also - can you give us the email address (or something else) that we can search for in our emails? I get A LOT of email everyday and it could have been lost in my junk.
Bregxit
AG
Search for Netgear?
wee_ag
AG
quote:
Mine says it's going to Speculator, TX, which as far as I can tell is not a real place. I live in Austin.
I live in Speculator, NY and signed in the original survey but never got a response... Something is amiss in Netgeartopia...

quote:
Search for Netgear?
Yeah, tried that - no dice... was just hoping that I missed something somewhere.
Bregxit
AG
Oh geez. I was going to ask if any of you were in Speculator, NY as opposed to TX.

Looks like someones mail merge f'd up!
wee_ag
AG
quote:
Looks like someones mail merge f'd up!
Time to break out the popcorn and watch this thread... About to go full-on Nerd Rage
Aggie71013
AG
Now the question is will anyone that is part of the program actually receive the units...
Bregxit
AG
I thought I felt good about everyone getting theirs but now that city and state combos seem to be crossed I am not so sure.
Jason_Ag98
AG
Hell hath no fury like a nerd who doesn't get free tech gear!
dubi
AG
If the address remained intact, it might go to my name and someone else's address.

Maybe the other poster whose package said CS will come to me???
Aggie71013
AG
We could always divert the packages to the correct addresses by contacting FedEx; however, I would feel guilty if the current destinations (or at least some of them) are actually addresses of someone in the program.

We would also run the risk of receiving two units if Dubi's situation plays out and a unit is sent to the correct address, but with the wrong name.
2006EE
AG
I'll take one of the Austin ones.
tomtomdrumdrum
AG
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
Yeah. I'm in rockwall and it is going to wheat ridge. I don't even know where that is.
dubi
AG
Perhaps Marynel Rapinan, intern extraordinaire, will give us an update in the morning?

Even better, maybe she can fix this!
JonLobb
this shipping confusion is HILARIOUS!
dubi
AG
2006EE hacked Fedex and caused this disaster!
JonLobb

this is too much fun. I'm not even mad. I trust that everything will work out in the end, but it's just hilarious to watch. Netgear's keeping us on our toes.
Bregxit
AG
Hope the intern never starts working on Netgear routers!
tlepoC
AG
I got two unique tracking numbers.. Both 16 pound shipments headed to sschertz, TX. I'm in Austin
Ark03
AG
quote:
Mine says Cuero. I live in Bay City. Hope the addresses update properly.

Mine says Bay city but I live in a Dallas-area burb.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Hah. This is too funny.
dubi
AG
How do I change the delivery address on my shipment?
If you are the shipper, you may contact FedEx Customer Service at 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339 to change the delivery address. A $10 service charge will be billed to the account on the shipment.
If you are the intended recipient of the package and you wish to provide additional information about the delivery address (example, add a suite or apartment number), you may contact FedEx Customer Service at 1.800.GoFedEx 1.800.463.3339. If you are the intended recipient and want the shipment delivered to a new address, contact the package's shipper and request the change of address.
You may request your package be held for pickup at your nearby FedEx Office location. For FedEx Express packages, you may also request the package be held at the delivery station.
Aggie71013
AG
quote:
How do I change the delivery address on my shipment?

When viewing your tracking information under delivery options click customize delivery and select deliver to another address. It will cost money. In my case the quote is $5.
flintdragon
AG
LOL... Mine says Baytown, TX but I'm in Round Rock... this is hilarious
Bregxit
AG
Anyone have one going to Spring? Mine says Houston.
dubi
AG
When I click "customize delivery" the bottom right of the screen goes blank.
Bregxit
AG
Let's wait until packages arrive at the intial FedEx locations. I have a feeling tracking information will update at that time. I have two other packages coming to me via FedEx and both have the shipper's names and addresses as well as my name and address. That information may not get scanned into the system until it hits the first hub.
Aggie71013
AG
quote:
Let's wait until packages arrive at the intial FedEx locations.

Marynel or William1978 may get the issue resolved tomorrow also.
Bregxit
AG
quote:
quote:
Let's wait until packages arrive at the intial FedEx locations.

Marynel or William1978 may get the issue resolved tomorrow also.
True. I ended my sentence too early. Add "before we start panicking" to it.
2006EE
AG
Still not happy. Just burned my netgear router.
dubi
AG
Interesting info. I started to get my package held at "nearest Fedex location".

My delivery is showing Kingwood, but nearest Fedex locations are the 2 stores near my house in CS. Obviously those are not anywhere near Kingwood.

ABKitch
AG
something's definitely off... I live in Wheat Ridge, Colorado, but my destination is showing Hempstead, CO (not a place).

ABKitch
AG
Howdy from Wheat Ridge COLORADO JDCAG.
Aggie71013
AG
We now have two verified cases of City/State mismatches. It looks like we have three options.

1. Contact Marynel/William1978 and try to get everyone's addresses sorted out
2. Reroute the packages based upon the tracking numbers we received
3. Pray and hope for the best.

In my opinion option 1 is in the best interest of everyone because it will not adversely affect those in the program who are not Texags members or who have not seen this thread. Option 2 could end up screwing over a number of people.
2006EE
AG
Or maybe one of y'all got my email.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.