Free tech

452,357 Views | 2581 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by tfunk02
Trek Strategy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
Hey everyone, I have a quick update that should be very interesting to anyone who lives in Europe.

We have started this program in Europe. So if you live in these countries, or if you know someone who lives in these countries, let them know. It's a brand new program and some of these countries have very few people signed up right now, so you have a shot at getting a lot of product to test.

Please don't sign up if you don't live in Europe.

If they ask you who referred you, just give them my name "Travis Rudolph".

Don't tell them Texags, I don't want the Euro legal teams calling me.

Spread the word!!!

ITALY: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/IT_FandF
FRANCE: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FRFandF
SPAIN: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ESFandF
UK: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/UKFandF
GERMANY/AUSTRIA: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/DEFandF
Kampfers
AG
Anyone hear back on the nighthawks yet or get a shipping notice?
txag2k
AG
quote:
Nothing since filling out the survey.
Krussian09
AG
quote:
Nothing yet, but I have my fingers crossed for this one.
Kampfers
AG
I just got an email back. Apparently you have to have Comcast XFINITY for the AC1900.
txag2k
AG
quote:
I just got an email back. Apparently you have to have Comcast XFINITY for the AC1900.

Noooooooo... Just got the same email.
dubi
AG
quote:
My son has Comcast XFINITY so I can still use/review this!
TracerX
Got the same thing. Thought I lucked out because it wasn't in the first email but, oh well, maybe next time.
chigger
AG
Will there ever be modem tests that arent Comcast only? This is the third one Ive had to decline. Just curious. Not a big deal.
fta09
AG
I received the same email regarding Comcast for my other Netgear router. I emailed them telling them I have Suddenlink cable Internet and am still willing to test the product. I received that other router, so maybe I will get this one as well.
cena05
AG
Got the Nighthawk in the mail yesterday. Received a shipping notification before they even asked if I had Comcast, but luckily I do.
chigger
AG
What type of modem is it? Admittedly I havent looked it up. I guess I could lmgtfy myself...
Aggiethruthicknthin
AG
My nighthawk is supposed to come in today
txag2k
AG
quote:
My nighthawk is supposed to come in today

How bout you shut your face!
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
Will there ever be modem tests that arent Comcast only? This is the third one Ive had to decline. Just curious. Not a big deal.
Comcast is always the fastest to certify products, so that's why this is usually the case. But I can tell you that a new modem is about to come out that is already universal, so some of you will be in luck.
aneisch
AG
Travis,

Thanks again for this opportunity! I'd like to make a request that you can hopefully mention to the engineers and get into the works.

Some sort of API for Arlo would be AWESOME. My schedule isn't always predictable, so I'd love to have the ability to switch modes through tasker, IFTTT, or a custom script. If you could make this happen These cameras would be even better (although they're already pretty great).

Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
Travis,

Thanks again for this opportunity! I'd like to make a request that you can hopefully mention to the engineers and get into the works.

Some sort of API for Arlo would be AWESOME. My schedule isn't always predictable, so I'd love to have the ability to switch modes through tasker, IFTTT, or a custom script. If you could make this happen These cameras would be even better (although they're already pretty great).

I have shared, thanks for the idea. If I hear back, I will let you know.
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
Travis,

Aneisch, from my product manager. Please keep this info on this board only. Thanks!

"We are working on Arlo APIs for service provider opportunities.

Most of that API work we will be able to re-purpose for integration with other third parties like IFTTT later this year."
aneisch
AG
william1978,

Awesome news!! Keep us updated!!! And will do, I'm sure there was an NDA that we all agreed to on one of these 48 pages..
Bregxit
AG
Travis,

Keep in mind your post will show up in Google search shortly. Nerdery is not private.
Aggiethruthicknthin
AG
AC1900 is really a great product. My mom didn't have good coverage with wifi in the back half of her house with her surfboard and I replaced it with the AC1900. Now she can actually use her iPad in her bedroom for the first time ever.
Krussian09
AG
Any news on the Nighthawk modem? I'm still hoping to hear back from that one.
Rule Number 32
AG
I got mine in the mail this weekend, so if you didn't hear from them yet on that one, you may have missed it.
Dro07
AG
Powerline 500 survey... I don't know but i want it!
Aggietaco
AG
Same here. I don't have much of an issue with the wifi signal in my house, but my brother's place could use some help, so in to help him out.
boy09
AG
quote:
Powerline adapters are the only thing i'm really interested in. Mine died a while back. Filled out the survey for them a couple months ago with no luck, let's see what happens this time.
wessimo
AG
I could use this. Hope I get it.
flintdragon
AG
Just bought a pair last week. Could always use another!
30_Days
AG
quote:
Got the email too. I've been dying for this one.
30_Days
AG
OP, I just wanted to say thank you again for bringing this too us. I've gotten to try some awesome products I may never have used otherwise. So far almost everything has been perfect. The only product I had any trouble with was the ProSafe VPN firewall a few months back.
Token
AG
Got the power line adaptor email, too .
mlambert77
AG
Damn, that one of the things I really want, the PowerLine adapter, and no email. Since Marynel left I've only received one email.
Bregxit
AG
Got the RN2120 rackmount NAS in today. Testing has proven difficult so far.

30_Days
AG
quote:
Got the RN2120 rackmount NAS in today. Testing has proven difficult so far.

whoops
Bregxit
AG
Meng just said it apparently is supposed to have a third power cable for the US. I am guessing it is sitting wherever they installed the testing HDD and didn't make it back in the box.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.