Free tech

452,406 Views | 2581 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by tfunk02
Trek Strategy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
JonLobb, Until we get this process automated, there is only one person managing the program. She will not be sending out a confirmation email when you fill out individual surveys and will not send out an email for people who are NOT selected. So basically, for the rest of this year at least, you'll get one email saying "fill this out if you want to try this product" and one email if you are selected. Next year this thing will get automated and there will be more communication. I did confirm that if you filled out the link in the OP, your name was added to the database. Also, as I am closely tied to this, I can tell you that there are some cool products to be tested in the next 4-5 months, including some stuff yet to be announced that is very pricey.
92_Ag
AG
quote:
92ag, Amazon is the way to go. They'll have the best price and if you're Prime, you'll get it in 2 days. You won't find that item in a retail store, so the only other way to go would be CDW or some site like that. That's a great product, you'll love it, and it now comes with lifetime warranty and solid tech support, us-based.
Perfect. Thanks for taking the time to respond!
JonLobb
quote:
JonLobb, Until we get this process automated, there is only one person managing the program. She will not be sending out a confirmation email when you fill out individual surveys and will not send out an email for people who are NOT selected. So basically, for the rest of this year at least, you'll get one email saying "fill this out if you want to try this product" and one email if you are selected. Next year this thing will get automated and there will be more communication. I did confirm that if you filled out the link in the OP, your name was added to the database. Also, as I am closely tied to this, I can tell you that there are some cool products to be tested in the next 4-5 months, including some stuff yet to be announced that is very pricey.
thanks for the clarification. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Kampfers
AG
Got an email about testing a product. Hope I get selected.
texasproof
Dang, closed already
Ark03
AG
I didn't even get the email.
JonLobb
i guess all the emails being sent have been sent. maybe next time.
La Fours
AG
Crap, I should check this board more often. Missed the sign up.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Got an email about testing a pretty nice router! Thanks William!
wee_ag
AG
Who was the email from? I want to make sure it didn't get tossed in my junk folder.
JonLobb
quote:
Who was the email from? I want to make sure it didn't get tossed in my junk folder.
this
ABATTBQ11
AG
Marynel R.

Email was from an @netgear.com address
ExPLK
AG
I didn't get an email either.
hurricanejake02
AG
got an email today about a ReadyNAS system
Aggietaco
AG

2006EE
AG
quote:

Me too.

And just to make sure, it's free and I get to keep it?
Aggie71013
AG
quote:

+1
Makdaddy
quote:
quote:

+1

+1
kb2001
AG
I got an email about the ReadyNAS also
92_Ag
AG
quote:
quote:

Me too.

Most hardware testing/evaluation programs in which I've participated require you to return the device at the end of the program. Depending on the unit, some will perform QC checks on the device as part of a postmortem analysis. Not sure if that is how this program operates or not, but I certainly wouldn't expect to retain the device(s).
JonLobb
quote:
ME TOO!!!

I'M RUNNING AROUND IN CIRCLES LIKE A PUPPY WHO HAS TO PEE I'M SO EXCITED!
JonLobb
quote:
quote:
quote:

Me too.

Most hardware testing/evaluation programs in which I've participated require you to return the device at the end of the program. Depending on the unit, some will perform QC checks on the device as part of a postmortem analysis. Not sure if that is how this program operates or not, but I certainly wouldn't expect to retain the device(s).
Op said at the beginning that this program lets you keep what you test.
dubi
AG
Me too!
92_Ag
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Me too.

Op said at the beginning that this program lets you keep what you test.
I obviously stand corrected then. Pretty spectacular opportunity then to say the least!
Krussian09
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

+1

+1
+1

I'm pretty damn excited to try this out.
Bregxit
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

+1

+1
+1

I'm pretty damn excited to try this out.
+1
dubi
AG
Nas

The link is to a "disk less" NAS? Who has 4 extra drives hanging around to full test this?
Bregxit
AG
quote:
Nas

The link is to a "disk less" NAS? Who has 4 extra drives hanging around to full test this?

The email states the NAS is pre-populated with drives.
Krussian09
AG
I'd have no problem pulling from my current NAS, which is just cobbled together from old pc parts. Especially since we get to keep the hardware. Bring it on.
Ark03
AG
quote:
Nas

Did you get the email? Mine said the following: "We are executing a fast track program for our ReadyNAS Network Attached Storage Device (RN10400) pre-populated with a storage drives"

Edit: With as many of us who received the email, I hope I get picked. I did respond pretty quickly, making myself slightly late to a work meeting to do so.
wee_ag
AG
Still nothing... and I could actually use a NAS for my photography business.
JonLobb
I'm too excited. NAS is one of my primary uses for my network. I just upgraded to a better Netgear router almost entirely because it offered better NAS and pc-to-pc speeds.

I'm going to run this device through the wringer.
dubi
AG
quote:
Did you get the email? Mine said the following: "We are executing a fast track program for our ReadyNAS Network Attached Storage Device (RN10400) pre-populated with a storage drives"

Yes, I got the email. I was commenting that the link was to a "diskless" NAS". That is an important inconsistency.

quote:
Hi Dubi,

You've been identified as NETGEAR's Friends & Family participant interested in testing and reviewing storage devices. We are executing a fast track program for our ReadyNAS Network Attached Storage Device (RN10400) pre-populated with a storage drives and looking for participants who can install, test and post a review shortly after receiving product within a few days if possible. If you are an interested candidate, please reply to this email today or as soon as possible.

You will receive an email shorty confirming your participation which will also include the date you can expect to receive the product. Shipped with the product will be instructions on installation, testing and posting a review on Amazon. Below is a link to Amazon for information on the RN104.

http://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-ReadyNAS-Diskless-Attached-RN10400-100NAS/dp/B00BNI4CVG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411504311&sr=8-1&keywords=NETGEAR+RN104

Please let us know your interest and availability at the soonest.

Thank you for your interest.

Regards,

Marynel Rapinan
Channel Marketing Intern

D 408.890.3731
350 East Plumeria Drive, San Jose, CA 95134
netgear.com
JonLobb
quote:
quote:

Yes, I got the email. I was commenting that the link was to a "diskless" NAS". That is an important inconsistency.

quote:
Hi Dubi,

You've been identified as NETGEAR's Friends & Family participant interested in testing and reviewing storage devices. We are executing a fast track program for our ReadyNAS Network Attached Storage Device (RN10400) pre-populated with a storage drives and looking for participants who can install, test and post a review shortly after receiving product within a few days if possible. If you are an interested candidate, please reply to this email today or as soon as possible.

You will receive an email shorty confirming your participation which will also include the date you can expect to receive the product. Shipped with the product will be instructions on installation, testing and posting a review on Amazon. Below is a link to Amazon for information on the RN104.

http://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-ReadyNAS-Diskless-Attached-RN10400-100NAS/dp/B00BNI4CVG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1411504311&sr=8-1&keywords=NETGEAR+RN104

Please let us know your interest and availability at the soonest.

Thank you for your interest.

Regards,

Marynel Rapinan
Channel Marketing Intern

D 408.890.3731
350 East Plumeria Drive, San Jose, CA 95134
netgear.com

it's not an inconsistency. NAS devices are almost always, if not always, sold empty. Also, only the NAS itself is a Netgear product, it makes complete sense that they would link you to the product itself.

I can't wait to see what disks they include. I'm hoping they max the capacity with NAS specific drives, so we can really test it to its full potential, but I'm not holding my breath on that.
Bregxit
AG
I would die if it came loaded with 16TB of drives.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.