Free tech

452,437 Views | 2581 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by tfunk02
Dro07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Got an email about them updating the program.

Still no products since last Aug
same
Bregxit
AG
quote:
quote:

Still no products since last Aug
same

Hmm, I didn't get that email. Did I get kicked out?
Ganondorf
AG
Probably phased email campaign, I wouldn't worry yet.
Bregxit
AG
Not really too worried. Just reviewed a switch and ignored an AP in November.
irock2513
AG
aaaand I just got in on an Arlo Q!
dragons06
AG
quote:

Same
Token
AG
Just got my arlo and can't wait to install it next weekend
kb2001
AG
quote:
Same here
AgsMyDude
AG
Hopefully some new spots! I've got this thread on watch list just in case, but super jealous seeing all the goodies
TX_AG_10
AG
quote:
Hopefully some new spots! I've got this thread on watch list just in case, but super jealous seeing all the goodies
For real..Every time I see there is a new reply I'm just hoping that someone said they opened up more spots! Hopefully our patience will be rewarded!
Aggietaco
AG
I doubt they are hurting for new T&E'ers considering how many people complain that they haven't received anything in several months.
TX_AG_10
AG
quote:
I doubt they are hurting for new T&E'ers considering how many people complain that they haven't received anything in several months.
I've noticed that. I realize it's a long shot, but I'm still hoping for chance!
AgsMyDude
AG
quote:
Yep, fully aware of that.
Ozmandius
Is there still a way to sign up or has that ship sailed?
Scooley01
AG
I got my Arlo Q today, but I can't set the darned thing up. I started through the process, and got to the part where you make an account, and it says I already have an account when I put my email in. I'm not sure how, because I've never owned an Arlo...but I did the password reset link, and it's been 2 hours, but I haven't received the password reset email. :\
Ganondorf
AG
I like the Arlo Q as a device but I'm not keen on the payment plans just to use it. Once the week trial runs out I'll never use it again.
Scooley01
AG
I don't think it's a 7 day trial...I think it includes a 7 day "window" for cloud storage. As in, the camera saves the previous 7 days worth of footage in their cloud service, but the 7 days are a rolling window.
Scooley01
AG
More frustration: When I try to do the setup through my phone, I get all the way to the end and get the same error (My email is supposedly already registered). The kicker? When I do "Forgot Password" on my phone, THAT screen says it can't find my email address!! GRRRR
ChevyAg
AG
I had the exact same trouble with my Arlo Q. I did a chat session with netgear support and I had to create an account at netgear.com. Once I did that, I used the same email address and pwd when setting up the Q and it worked. Definitely a pain.
Ganondorf
AG
quote:
I don't think it's a 7 day trial...I think it includes a 7 day "window" for cloud storage. As in, the camera saves the previous 7 days worth of footage in their cloud service, but the 7 days are a rolling window.
If that's the case then I'm good with the basic "free" plan.

I didn't have the same email issues. I have an Android. Do y'all have iPhones? Maybe it is a bug in the App.

Ganondorf
AG
somehow replied to myself after posting? weird.
La Fours
AG
I didn't have any problem setting mine up using my iPhone.
hph6203
AG
quote:
quote:
If that's the case then I'm good with the basic "free" plan.

I didn't have the same email issues. I have an Android. Do y'all have iPhones? Maybe it is a bug in the App.

I've had the original version Arlo since the first round of reviews and can confirm that you get up to a week of storage and a limit of 1gb of total storage, videos are deleted as the limit is hit. If you have an important video you can download it and store it locally. The basic plan covers up to 5 cameras, which should be enough for most people unless you want to go broke buying cameras or batteries...
MaroonOut09
AG

quote:
I had the exact same trouble with my Arlo Q. I did a chat session with netgear support and I had to create an account at netgear.com. Once I did that, I used the same email address and pwd when setting up the Q and it worked. Definitely a pain.
This is exactly what I had to do as well.
khkman22
AG
If any of you new Arlo testers can test the audio feature and tell me the results you are getting, I'd appreciate it. As posted earlier, the video and audio from the camera to my phone is makes it unusable for live viewing.
ExPLK
AG
No problems here on install with iPhone. It went smooth and the process took about 3-4 minutes.

The audio also works great on preliminary tests around the house. There is about a second delay but as long as you are patient, it works well. I told my wife to think of it as we are talking to news correspondents that are remote (like they do on tv).

I am going to do a few more tests but I like it so far. My only complaints is that the Arlo and Arlo Q are separate events on the app so you have to turn both on/off. This is inconvenient if you have both. Besides that, the unit is great!
flintdragon
AG
mine's working well. No hassle in setting up and creating account.

When live streaming, there is about a 5 second delay (720p). Audio to the device is much faster.

I wish the app had a widget that can turn off/on a camera with one touch but not a big deal for me since the motion sensing is good enough for my purposes.
Reginald Cousins
S
Anyway to get in this?
Scooley01
AG
Finished testing all the conceivable things I could think of with the Arlo Q and wrote my review.

On an unrelated note, is anyone in the market for a like-new Arlo Q? :P
camarolt1guy
quote:
Finished testing all the conceivable things I could think of with the Arlo Q and wrote my review.

On an unrelated note, is anyone in the market for a like-new Arlo Q? :P
I've been thinking of a Arlo or something else like it. I have a Dropcam pro and it does not give you 7 days free or a spot to put a SD card. So unless you watch it live my $200 Dropcam is useless. They should have either gave 7 days free like Arlo is doing or integrate a SD card so I can record on my own.

P.S. if anyone from Netgear wants to sign me up for the program I wouldn't turn you down
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Got an email to try out this: https://www.arlo.com/en-us/products/kit/VMS3330.aspx

VonDownByTheRiver
I'm up to 6 Arlo cameras now...love em.
flintdragon
AG
Testing one right now. Pretty simple to set up but anyone wish the rules could be a little more robust? You can have a rule based on motion/sound detection. You can have a different rule for time on/off. But you can't combine them... weird.
AgDev01
AG
If you click on the edit in the scheduled mode it will let you choose either the armed mode or a custom rule, in effect combining the two.
flintdragon
AG
I don't see anywhere for custom rule...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.