Free tech

452,560 Views | 2581 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by tfunk02
adamsbq06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I wasnt going to be greedy... I was planing on giving the original to someone who missed out on the first round
La Fours
AG
Just yanking your chain. Plus, I'm guessing Marynel is keeping track of who gets what, and trying to share the love.
2006EE
AG
quote:
I wasnt going to be greedy... I was planing on giving the original to someone who missed out on the first round
But they can get this one instead.
2006EE
AG
quote:
Just yanking your chain. Plus, I'm guessing Marynel is keeping track of who gets what, and trying to share the love.
That may be. But she isn't replying to email questions though.
La Fours
AG
Leave the nice woman alone. She doesn't want to see any pictures of your daughter, no matter how cute J is.
2006EE
AG
quote:
Leave the nice woman alone. She doesn't want to see any pictures of your daughter, no matter how cute J is.
I just wanted to know if it had a hard drive in it. If not I'll have to order one.

Now I'm wondering what the surprise William hinted out about these things is going to be.
La Fours
AG
Lol, you'd be better served to PM Travis about it. And now I'm curious as well about the surprise.
2006EE
AG
quote:
Lol, you'd be better served to PM Travis about it. And now I'm curious as well about the surprise.
I did that too.

But he is a better employee than we are and doesn't TexAgs much during the day.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
I'd almost guarantee that they have a drive in them. Probably the same WD Red 1 TB that the 104s had.
adamsbq06
AG
true. but if i don't get the new one id trade my old one plus two disks (1TB) if anyone is interested.
La Fours
AG
Good Lord, man. have some freaking patients.
ABKitch
AG
I am sure those NAS units will come with at least one hard drive included. How could they rely on you to use it, give a timely review otherwise?

I thought the "surprise" meant that these would be FULL of hard drives, but who knows...
adamsbq06
AG
patients? I am not a doctor. Patience... isnt one of my strongest traits
2006EE
AG
quote:
Good Lord, man. have some freaking patients.
She emailed me back. It will have a HD in it.

Also, I'm not a doctor but I'll take some if I must.
La Fours
AG
quote:
I am sure those NAS units will come with at least one hard drive included. How could they rely on you to use it, give a timely review otherwise?

I thought the "surprise" meant that these would be FULL of hard drives, but who knows...
That's what I'm hoping is the surprise as well.
adamsbq06
AG
besides my wife is having surgery next week and this will give me something to mess with
2006EE
AG
quote:
quote:

That's what I'm hoping is the surprise as well.
I didn't think of that. That would be awesome.
Bregxit
AG
Not sure Travis' surprise relates to the RN312/314s...

quote:
we have a small batch of ReadyNAS 312 and 314 that we want reviewed, and there's a little surprise that I'll tell you about next week.
...sounds like the surprise is in addition to the NASs.
La Fours
AG
I read it as something separate from the NAS initially, but I see how it could be interpreted either way.
Bregxit
AG
quote:
I read it as something separate from the NAS initially, but I see how it could be interpreted either way.
I could see the interpretation but since it appears everyone is getting them next week, not sure what he could tell us about next week if we already have them.
adamsbq06
AG
probably free cloud backup service
ABKitch
AG
Yeah now that I read it again, I think you're right. But still, I'd be very surprised if the 2nd batch of NAS units didn't have at least one drive pre-loaded.

Bregxit
AG
quote:
Yeah now that I read it again, I think you're right. But still, I'd be very surprised if the 2nd batch of NAS units didn't have at least one drive pre-loaded.

My guess is it will have another single 1TB drive like the 104's did.
2006EE
AG
quote:

See my post. It has something.
La Fours
AG
Shut it.
2006EE
AG
quote:
Shut it.

You are just jealous she emailed me twice.
Caliber
AG
MyNAS email must be lost...

Yep, thats it. It'll find its way here.

Even without it, still happy to have gotten the R6050!
pnut02
AG
what the heck, ill give the 314 a shot now that it's been up for a while
Scooley01
AG
Filled out the survey for the 312/314...so disappointed that I didn't get on to check this thread sooner, I've been regularly checking it for weeks, but I was sick yesterday. I missed the first NAS, and I'm in the market for one so I'd love to try one of these. Fingers crossed I wasn't too late.
Token
AG
quote:
quote:
That may be. But she isn't replying to email questions though.
she responds to my e-mail questions
Ganondorf
AG
I would love to get in on the nas products.
Scooley01
AG
We all would, Ganondorf...only the chosen few can, though.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Got my R6050 today! Setup was a breeze. My only thing is that my TV sends to get a weak signal from it. All of my other devices get a strong signal in the same spot. Anyone got any advice?
chigger
AG
Got the AC750 router last week and posted my review today. I gave it 4 stars. Not a bad router.
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
Got a shipping notification.

Hope it has a hard drive.

There are two hard drives so you guys can have RAID.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.