Free tech

452,434 Views | 2581 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by tfunk02
Lt. Joe Bookman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just got the notice that I was selected for the switch.
Ganondorf
AG
Switch also inbound. Not a security camera but it's nice to be in the loop again.
kjcAg
AG
Can the people that got the Arlo tell me how they like it? I want to get some security cameras, but not sure which is the right way to go.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
quote:
Can the people that got the Arlo tell me how they like it? I want to get some security cameras, but not sure which is the right way to go.
Seconded. We have a neighborhood thief that is going around looking for unlocked cars to steal from late at night. How does the Arlo do in low light?
trueaggie2782
AG
I'm not a big fan of the Arlo cameras. I wanted to have one pointed over my driveway to watch our vehicles. The problem is that the motion sensor constantly activates the camera whenever a car drives by even after making it less sensitive. If you turn the sensitivity down too much, it will no longer activate for people. I think I am instead going to have an always on wired system with a large storage device for primary security. If you want to use the camera for inside the house, however, it does a pretty decent job. YRMV
wee_ag
AG
quote:
I'm not a big fan of the Arlo cameras. I wanted to have one pointed over my driveway to watch our vehicles. The problem is that the motion sensor constantly activates the camera whenever a car drives by even after making it less sensitive. If you turn the sensitivity down too much, it will no longer activate for people. I think I am instead going to have an always on wired system with a large storage device for primary security. If you want to use the camera for inside the house, however, it does a pretty decent job. YRMV
Same - the camera works well, but drains the batteries quick when constantly picking up passing vehicles. The night vision works really well though and the scheduling option is good so that it only records when specified. Overall, better for inside security or maybe catching that pesky bear that keeps dumping my garbage.
ExPLK
AG
Ive had a lot of success with them and they protect our home pretty well. The cameras do take an enormous amount of time adjusting the motion control sensitivity but work well once you get them set just right. Expect to go through a set of batteries per camera while configuring to setup properly.
Vade281
AG
Woo hoo. Got picked for a NETGEAR AC1200 WiFi Range Extender (EX6120)
cena05
AG
Use a battery tester on the Arlo batteries. I notices that only 1 or 2 batteries go bad at a time. So instead of replacing all 4 at one time you can save money and only replace the dead ones.
aneisch
AG
Travis,

Any update on the ARLO camera API? I have a dash button just itching to toggle my camera modes.
Scooley01
AG
Got selected for a wireless range extender! I was surprised, because I have a beefy Nighthawk router. I figured they wouldn't pick someone whose router can already supply several city blocks with wifi

Still holding onto hope for another round of Arlo!
ExPLK
AG
quote:
Use a battery tester on the Arlo batteries. I notices that only 1 or 2 batteries go bad at a time. So instead of replacing all 4 at one time you can save money and only replace the dead ones.

I noticed this as well. However, I used a volt meter and realized anything under 2.8 is pretty much useless in the arlo units. Although two drain faster than the other two, leveraging the two good ones only lasted me another week or so.
Scooley01
AG
I got a survey for Arlo today! I wasn't able to fill it in for an hour or so after the email was sent, so who knows if I'll get it...but here's hoping!
dragons06
AG
Received email survey for 3 Camera Arlo system this afternoon. Fingers crossed.
Ganondorf
AG
I also filled it out and am hopeful.
trueaggie2782
AG
Did anyone else try to fill out a review for the prosafe gigabit click switch GSS108E at Best Buy just to be met with a "product no longer available" message. I emailed Meng about it explaining that it wouldn't let me write a review but haven't heard back from him yet.
jay040
I haven't gotten any emails in the longest time...
Ganondorf
AG
quote:
Did anyone else try to fill out a review for the prosafe gigabit click switch GSS108E at Best Buy just to be met with a "product no longer available" message. I emailed Meng about it explaining that it wouldn't let me write a review but haven't heard back from him yet.

My review went through no problem but I did it last week.
Ganondorf
AG
Anyone got a shipping email for the latest Arlo round? I'm still hopeful but haven't heard anything back.
Token
AG
Haven't received an email in 2 months, but it's all good
wessimo
AG
More Arlo?
dragons06
AG
quote:
Anyone got a shipping email for the latest Arlo round? I'm still hopeful but haven't heard anything back.

Nothing yet.
ExPLK
AG
I received an invitation but it came from a gentleman named Ben Pool. Makes me wonder if they are adding resources to the program or if Meng moved on to a different team.
Scooley01
AG
I haven't gotten a response on Arlo yet. Still crossing my fingers. Yesterday was my birthday...does that put any points in my column? :P
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
Nothing yet since the survey, but last time I did surveys was for the IT program's NAS and it took a while for that shipping notice to come - long enough to where I had assumed I wasn't picked.
ExPLK
AG
I submitted a survey for an item a few months ago and got a declination email. I thought it was nice that they informed me.

Assuming this is still the SOP, no news is probably good news.
Mike92
AG
quote:

I had the same problem. I had to do a product search on the website to find it. Then I was able to leave a review.
Ganondorf
AG
quote:
I submitted a survey for an item a few months ago and got a declination email. I thought it was nice that they informed me.

Assuming this is still the SOP, no news is probably good news.

Thanks for keeping the dream alive.
dragons06
AG
quote:
quote:

Nothing yet.
I emailed Ben and he responded saying the details are being finalized today.
JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Nothing yet.
I emailed Ben and he responded saying the details are being finalized today.

Cool.

Everytime I see a new post on here, I worry that I missed the shipping emails
aggiewrench
I haven't heard anything from Meng in a while.

Hoping I can get in on the Arlo expansion pack.

I ended up installing a bunch of these in family in friends houses (as they liked what I had). So far I have been pretty impressed with Arlo
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
Hey guys, Ben Pool is the new Marynel. Meng was filling in for a few months until we got Ben hired. Ben is now going to be 100% focused on FnF. You'll start seeing more invites in the next 30 days. Meng is still around and will be helping, but he's been doing this with his free time. I'm glad to have Ben on board, I met him yesterday.
Aggie71013
Ganondorf
AG
Thanks for the information. Ben is the one who sent me the Arlo email and I'm super hopeful I'll get it this time.
devastor
AG
Thanks! Looking forward to getting an email.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.