Free tech

452,557 Views | 2581 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by tfunk02
Token
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I got a shipping notification but I have no idea what for. I have responded to an invitation survey for the router and one for the router/modem combo. Then I got a shipping notice.

Fingers crossed for the router. Not really wanting to change out my modem as I am pretty happy with the Motorola surfboard. On the other hand, the Linksys router I have is pure crap.
the product code of what you got is in the FedEx Shipping email
pnut02
AG
I've been working with Netgear support on the CM400; they left me a voicemail last night saying they have identified an issue with it and should have a solution/update in a week or so.
Caliber
AG
I have an R6050 on the way to the house as well, Got the ship notification yesterday.
Caliber
AG
quote:
the product code of what you got is in the FedEx Shipping email
Yep, there is a "Reference" line in the email. Mine just said R6050.
boboguitar
AG
Pretty damn excited, hoping this router reaches my upstairs bedroom better.
ExPLK
AG
quote:
Yep, there is a "Reference" line in the email. Mine just said R6050.
Thanks! My eyes must have totally skipped over that line when I was looking at it on my phone. I am getting the R6050. Happy days!
bigtruckguy3500
quote:
I've been working with Netgear support on the CM400; they left me a voicemail last night saying they have identified an issue with it and should have a solution/update in a week or so.
Thanks for the update. They still haven't e-mail me back.
La Fours
AG
I would just like to get offered to test something.
ABKitch
AG
I posted my review for the original NAS last week, and this week have been emailed for a Comcast/TWC modem/router (turned it down as I have Centurylink DSL), and today got an email for the R6050 WiFi Router, and responded to that one, hoping I get one.

Funny thing is I just ordered this router during the Netgear Amazon sale last week, so I'll likely be returning it (if I get chosen for a free one).

ExPLK
AG
Hey La Fours. Hang in there. I was like you a week ago and got 2 separate offers within a week. I felt like I screwed up the registrations process with the original survey but I think the demand of this program may be pretty high and it is taking a while to get to everyone.
La Fours
AG
quote:
Hey La Fours. Hang in there. I was like you a week ago and got 2 separate offers within a week. I felt like I screwed up the registrations process with the original survey but I think the demand of this program may be pretty high and it is taking a while to get to everyone.
I hope so. But I keep seeing people who have been offered multiple items, yet, many of us aren't getting anything. Travis confirmed that I am in the database. So not sure what's going on.
JonLobb
haven't gotten any emails in a while now. I turned down 2 things right after the NAS. I hope I didn't shoot myself in the foot.
BEaggie08
AG
quote:
quote:
I hope so. But I keep seeing people who have been offered multiple items, yet, many of us aren't getting anything. Travis confirmed that I am in the database. So not sure what's going on.
You never called Marynel back after that one night at the club. This is your penance.
La Fours
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
You never called Marynel back after that one night at the club. This in your penance.
Crap. I forgot about that. Sorry Marynel*.

*I can't help but think of Robert Earl Keen's song Merry Christmas From the Family any time I hear the name Marynel!
cr0wbar
AG
Just got my Wifi Range Extender N300. Gonna give it a go this weekend!
JonLobb
quote:
Just got my Wifi Range Extender N300. Gonna give it a go this weekend!
I had one and returned it when I bought the Nighthawk. In the few weeks I was using it though it was awesome.
JonLobb
I know this is a little late and the NAS discussion has died down a bit,

but NewEgg has 3TB WD Red NAS drives on sale today for $109 with the promo code below. Thought I'd share

http://bit.ly/1wkA2YE

Token
AG
So I check my mail today and i received 2 items! I got the ac1750 modem and the aforementioned router! This is so awesome. Can't wait to try them both
irock2513
AG
I got the C6300 Modem/AC 1750 router today. Took a bit to get it up and running on TWC, but everything seems to be solid so far!
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
quote:
haven't gotten any emails in a while now. I turned down 2 things right after the NAS. I hope I didn't shoot myself in the foot.
Product offers will ebb and flow depending on what's going on at NETGEAR. The rest of the year might be pretty quiet in terms of total units available.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Are there going to be anymore products this year?
Token
AG
nvm
JonLobb
doh!
dubi
AG
Token
AG
La Fours
AG
nm
dubi
AG
:-)
ABKitch
AG
Got a FedEx shipping confirmation to be delivered tomorrow... assuming it's a router, since that's what I filled out a survey for last week (after turning down a modem/router for TWC or Comcast).

Ganondorf
AG
Got an email about the wifi router and cable modem router but I can't test the latter.
wessimo
AG
Got the wifi router email too.
wee_ag
AG
Ditto
Bregxit
AG
Got the R6050 survey.
ExPLK
AG
Installed the R6050 yesterday. So far, it has been great. Played some Fifa with a buddy and no lag at all. Internet speeds are good too.

Going to give it a few more days so I can give it an honest review. However, I am loving it already compared to my old Linksys e1500.

I've noticed the 5GHz band is much faster than the 2.4GHz band. I am sure it is because I have less devices utilizing it compared to the 2.4GHz band. Interested to hear yalls opinions once you get it.
JonLobb
quote:
Installed the R6050 yesterday. So far, it has been great. Played some Fifa with a buddy and no lag at all. Internet speeds are good too.

Going to give it a few more days so I can give it an honest review. However, I am loving it already compared to my old Linksys e1500.

I've noticed the 5GHz band is much faster than the 2.4GHz band. I am sure it is because I have less devices utilizing it compared to the 2.4GHz band. Interested to hear yalls opinions once you get it.
the 5GHz has a higher bandwidth, it IS faster than 2.4GHz.
kb2001
AG
Got an email to try out the C5300 AC1750 modem/router today. I have Comcast, so here's hoping I get selected for this

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.