Free tech

452,527 Views | 2581 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by tfunk02
Bregxit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
kb2001 said:

I got in

Got the email a few hours ago

"Welcome aboard the Arlo Aviator Program!" "You have been selected to participate in Test Flight VMS5140."

This is the product:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/arlo-ultra-indoor-outdoor-wire-free-4k-hdr-security-camera-system-white/6311611.p?skuId=6311611

We're waiting.
Vade281
AG
I got an email saying there's a second round of Arlo invites going out! Here's hoping!!!!
PSN/XBOX/Origin/Epic/Steam/Uplay: Vade281
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
n_touch
Got an email as well that said check my address, but there was no address there.
Vade281
AG
n_touch said:

Got an email as well that said check my address, but there was no address there.
I didn't have one either, but I just emailed back saying yes with my address. I got a fedex notification for a delivery today...will report back if it's the Arlo.
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
Vade281
AG
Looks like my package is now delivering on Tuesday. They marked it as weekday only
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
n_touch
answered but did not hear anything back.
n_touch
How was it? How many cameras did they send with it?
flintdragon
AG
Just got an email about the latest netgear router. Looks like a beast! hope I get in...
jbryan10
AG
Me too! Fingers crossed!
David Murphey 2013
AG
Fingers crossing works! It really works!!!
jay040
Who are the emails coming from? I haven't gotten one in at least 2 years...
Vade281
AG
The new orbi looks way better but the speed is not as good as what I have now
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
Bregxit
AG
Vade281 said:

Are you talking about the cheap AC1200 line that looks like little cubes? The newest Orbi is WiFi 6 and looks similar to the original Orbi profile but with a bit more color.
flintdragon
AG
I'm in!
Vade281
AG
Bregxit said:

Vade281 said:

Are you talking about the cheap AC1200 line that looks like little cubes? The newest Orbi is WiFi 6 and looks similar to the original Orbi profile but with a bit more color.
Oh, yeah I'm talking about the new cheap cube line that was announced. The WiFi6 one was announced a month ago I think.
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
Vade281
AG
flintdragon said:

I'm in!
I'm so jealous. I never got an email
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
Vade281
AG
n_touch said:

How was it? How many cameras did they send with it?
I got one camera. It was wonky at first, but I got it working. So far so good after a few months. It's probably time to charge it.
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
wee_ag
AG
IT'S ALIVE!!!
Just got an invite for the Nighthawk AC2600 Router!
Vade281
AG
Nice!
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Got an invite and was chosen for an Orbi 3 Pack...
https://www.apple.com/shop/product/HMYG2LL/A/netgear-orbi-whole-home-tri-band-mesh-wi-fi-system-3-pack
flintdragon
AG
got another invite for the EAX80 (wifi6 mesh extender). Hope I get in. It would compliment the RAX200 I'm currently reviewing.
jbryan10
AG
I got the same invite, but I'll probably pass on it. I certainly don't need it with the RAX200.

...on second thought, its got 4 ethernet ports so I can hook all my home theater stuff through it!
flintdragon
AG
My house has terrible wifi coverage. The RAX200 is the first router that has actually good coverage. I get amazing speeds too. The extender will finish off the even more remote portions of the house.

My only hesitation right now not to rip out my existing Ubiquiti is that Ubiquiti is solid. It never fails. All of my old asus/netgear type of equipment always require reboots every once in a while. Going to run both for a while and see how it holds up.
ABATTBQ11
AG
I've had a netgear router that I got through this program for years without needing a reboot
flintdragon
AG
beats me. I've used multitudes including the best one at the time through this netgear program. Every few weeks have to either reboot the router or the cable modem. No idea how any of it is related to each other and we don't do anything weird with the router.

Ever since moving to ubiquiti, network never goes down. Cable modem never needs to be rebooted. Only time network is down is an actual internet service outage.
jbryan10
AG
Got selected!
flintdragon
AG
me too!
Trek Strategy
Sponsor
AG
Howdy folks, OP here. So glad that this thread is still going and people are still getting some value out of it.

I have a quick update and an ask...

I finished up my career at Netgear last December and started my own Strategy Consulting firm focusing on, you guessed it, helping brands with Amazon.

I'm now helping several different companies in different spaces. Right now, it's batteries, automotive accessories, telecom and electrical tools and packaged meats.

All of these companies could use a little help getting their products off the ground. If I could get the approvals to set up some promo codes, how many of you would be interested in getting some discounted stuff?

Thanks everyone!

JDCAG (NOT Colin)
AG
htxag09
bco2003
AG
william1978 said:

Right now, it's batteries, automotive accessories, telecom and electrical tools and packaged meats.

Interested in of the above here!
Nealthedestroyer
AG
****ing count me in.
Vae Victis
flintdragon
AG
not sure specifically what products in the promotion but definitely interested here!
Rule Number 32
AG
Uh, yep! Count me in for sure. I haven't done any of the netgear reviews in a couple of years but always enjoyed trying out gear that I wasn't 100% familiar with.
Prophet00
AG
Count me in!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.