*****2017-2018 San Antonio Spurs*****

306,949 Views | 3490 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by OlRock
BlackLab
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PATFO?
Guitarsoup
AG
BlackLab said:

PATFO?
Pop And The Front Office
FTAG 2000
AG
Pendragon12 said:

Guitarsoup said:

Multiple league sources suggest the Lakers could send a package to the Spurs featuring Ingram, multiple first-round picks, a sign-and-trade involving Randle, and possibly Josh Hart. -TheRinger
If the Lakers can maneuver something around to get another team's pick that would be more valuable, then I think you do it if Randle doesn't want some insane contract.

I don't like it, but if PATFO feels like this is the way to go, and they don't want to deal with the Lakers even more than me, then I think you do it.

The Spurs hate late first round draft picks. Taking a bunch from the Lakers that would result in picks in the late 20s for the next 2-3 years is worthless.

Ulrich
I was just on PtR and commenters are proposing everything from trading Aldridge for Richardson, Olynyk, and Adebayo to not being willing to give Murray up for anything less than a top 10 player.

Between reading that, all the BS leveraging from players deciding that they shouldn't have to honor contracts, and the inherent difficulty of valuing top tier players it's no wonder I can't tell what a fair deal is any more.
Guitarsoup
AG
You also have to look at the fact that LeBron has about 55000 total NBA minutes played so far. I realize he keeps himself in fantastic shape and rumors are that he devotes like 2mm/year to recovery, but that is going to catch up to him eventually. He turns 34 at the beginning of the season. Kobe was the same way. Kept himself in fantastic shape, wasn't hurt often. Then one day his achilles tendon blew out on a non-contact first step.

LeBron is around 55,000 minutes right now.

Last year, Bron played about 4,000 total minutes.

I'd rather make Kawhi wait and sign with LA when LeBron is pushing 60,000 total minutes and about to turn 35 years old.
Guitarsoup
AG
duck79 said:

If the trade of Harris plus picks 12 and 13 was on the table I didn't understand why the spurs didn't take it unless they still thought they could repair the relationship. Harris is not a bad player and the Spurs played all of last year without KL so they would have basically been adding a 3 that they didn't have last year. On top of that you had 2 lottery assets that you could have flipped for a big or used to draft a big. I feel like now the deals won't be as good because you have one less asset(current picks) to look at for your current team.
Went back and read news reports and they wanted to do Harris+12 for Kawhi.

They were also the first team to make an offer, so makes sense that Pop wouldn't do it.
Guitarsoup
AG
This is Joseph Sutton, managing parter for Impact Sports, Kawhi's new agency.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/darrenheitner/2017/02/28/10-million-investment-should-have-a-major-impact-for-sports-agency/#6734fb44701a

He just locked his account and is scrubbing it.

https://twitter.com/Joe_Sutt
LouisHerbertWong
AG
He looks like a d-ouche. Great company you keep, Kawho.
Ag Natural
AG
That's hilarious.

Btw, Favors signs for 2 yrs at over $36 million. A bit more than I thought he'd be worth. Does he even start for Utah?
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Would the Clips to do Harris, Gilgeous-Alexander and a future 1st? Would Los Spurs?
Ulrich
I think SGA is going to be an absolute stud, so I hope so.
DTP02
AG
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia said:

Would the Clips to do Harris, Gilgeous-Alexander and a future 1st? Would Los Spurs?

That's better than anything the Lakers are supposedly offering.
aggie_fan13
AG
Can we get rid of kawhi already ready for it to be over with
flashplayer
AG
Only the weak of mind would give in to Kawhi and his dumb act. I trust the Spurs will weather the storm for the best available outcome. If they weren't willing to be patient, they'd have already traded him.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Lakers just renounced Randall, so he is now an UFA.

They also just signed Rajon Rondo
aggie_fan13
AG
****in rondo
LawHall88
AG
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia said:

Lakers just renounced Randall, so he is now an UFA.

They also just signed Rajon Rondo
They are stacking up one-year deals so they will have free agent money next year.
West Texan
AG
Rondo
Lance Stephenson
Javale McGee
Boogie Cousins (potentially)
The Ball family

What could go wrong?
Enzo The Baker
AG
Now that the Lakers are competitive again does this mean Simplebay will return to this board?
Ag Natural
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Now that the Lakers are competitive again does this mean Simplebay will return to this board?

I've been thinking the same thing. Its been a nice 5 years without that joke. Luckily the block option is available now.
West Texan
AG
Spurs summer league starts tonight in Utah against the Jazz. It'll be on ESPN 3 at 8, if anyone... you know... wants to watch basketball and be distracted from the Kawhi stuff.
Ag Natural
AG
West Texan said:

Spurs summer league starts tonight in Utah against the Jazz. It'll be on ESPN 3 at 8, if anyone... you know... wants to watch basketball and be distracted from the Kawhi stuff.

I'd like to see Walker
West Texan
AG
Ag Natural said:

West Texan said:

I'd like to see Walker

I also really want to see how much White and Blossomgame developed last season. I'd really like for White to go off the way Forbes did last summer, and I hoping that Blossomgame has started to get a consistent 3 point shot.
LawHall88
AG
Sports-Ag
AG
West Texan said:

Rondo
Lance Stephenson
Javale McGee
The Ball family

What could go wrong?

Then add Lebron and Magic. So many attitudes and egos on that team. Like you said, what could go wrong?
Ag Natural
AG
So the Lakers strategy is to saddle Labron with a team of headcases for a year in order to free up space to sign the socially handicapped wing man next year. I'd love it if Labron came and said he didn't want Kawhi based on all these factors piling up including Kawhi's "people" denigrating the King on Twitter.
LouisHerbertWong
AG
Sports-Ag said:

West Texan said:

Rondo
Lance Stephenson
Javale McGee
The Ball family

What could go wrong?

Then add Lebron and Magic. So many attitudes and egos on that team. Like you said, what could go wrong?

The Land of Misfit Toys!
Enzo The Baker
AG
Randle to NOLA for 2 years @ $18 million.
FTAG 2000
AG
Ag Natural said:

So the Lakers strategy is to saddle Labron with a team of headcases for a year in order to free up space to sign the socially handicapped wing man next year. I'd love it if Labron came and said he didn't want Kawhi based on all these factors piling up including Kawhi's "people" denigrating the King on Twitter.

If he sits out this season he won't be a free agent next summer. His contract would toll.
Ag Natural
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Wow that is much less than I thought he would get.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Ag Natural said:

Enzo The Baker said:

Wow that is much less than I thought he would get.
Basically the non-tax MLE right?
Enzo The Baker
AG
The Lakers picking up all of these players doesn't make any sense. They say they can be patient with LeBron, but part of me feels like they are trying to scoop up players quickly and are about to propose a trade to get Kawhi to join that group. It would be a total waste of a year to have this team with LeBron. He'll be 34 later this year.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Ulrich
Are you thinking they'll move Ingram/Kuzma? This really looks like they are saving their powder for the great 2019 FA class.
Enzo The Baker
AG
That's probably more likely. But I just have a hard time seeing LeBron going from 8 finals appearances in a row to not contending.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.