*****2017-2018 San Antonio Spurs*****

297,567 Views | 3490 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by OlRock
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If hearing a torn quad is worst than quad tendonitis is worse and you can't be on a team anymore because of it, you are the biggest pansy in the world.

A torn quad is what ended Chuck's career.
West Texan
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Tony's a dumbass. All the more reason not to re-sign him.

That's a really harmless comment to get that upset about. So either Kawhi has the mental toughness of a 13 year old girl, or his group is finding every excuse they can to try and make the Spurs look like the bad guys because they want out.
Mike Elko
AG
West Texan said:

Enzo The Baker said:

Tony's a dumbass. All the more reason not to re-sign him.

That's a really harmless comment to get that upset about. So either Kawhi has the mental toughness of a 13 year old girl, or his group is finding every excuse they can to try and make the Spurs look like the bad guys because they want out.

I think both statements are accurate to an extent. This situation's a bummer, but I'm ready for him to be gone. Onward and upward, Pop.
flashplayer
AG
Tony could have said nothing and we'd still see the Spurs in the same situation.

But obviously Tony and Manu knew then what we know now. Kawhi didn't want to be on the team. Might as well take a shot at his character and fortitude before he finds his way out. That's probably why they both said the things they did. Also probably why Pop was shooting his mouth off about the "group." They knew keeping him was a longshot anyway after his shenanigans.

Probably difficult for 2 guys who've played through injuries for years (especially Manu) to see a guy who is capable puss out.
TyHolden
AG
aggie_fan13
AG
agreed
Ulrich
I think Leonard played those games just to show the Lakers that he's actually fine.
aggie_fan13
AG
****in horse****, he single handedly is ****ing with the spurs reputation
flashplayer
AG
I think most people see through his BS. He's been called out a decent bit by national media folks.

And I think once he's moved, there will be another round of bashing from NBA purists in the media.
MookieBlaylock
AG
May or may not know sports doctors that have seen the MRI of a certain Quad muscle

Yeah they are confused too

Joining LeBron doesn't give him the show deal he needs to Make up for the 219 the spurs can offer

This is epic stupid

Ag Natural
AG
Karma is a *****. If he goes to LAL I can almost guarantee that Lavar hooks up with Kawhi's mom and transfers the HIV he caught from Magic.

Yes I'm drunk
04.arch.ag
AG
Are people going to start calling our Green for defending the whole Kawhi situation through out the season and it was all good. Clearly all the reports have been right and Kawhi has wanted out for a while.
Pumpkinhead
AG
It does seem to appear from media articles and tweets over the past couple of days that the train has pretty much left the station regarding any chances of the Spurs and Kawhi patching their relationship back up. Looks like now just a question of when and with who a trade happens.
Pendragon12
AG
04.arch.ag said:

Are people going to start calling our Green for defending the whole Kawhi situation through out the season and it was all good. Clearly all the reports have been right and Kawhi has wanted out for a while.
I don't see why. That's probably what Danny was being told.

Patty was saying something similar, but has recently been interviewed and said I don't know what we could have done better in how things were handled. So, I think it just confirms Kawhi was leaving the team in the dark all year.
claym711
AG
You have to assume some of what's out there is true, which makes Kawhi such a little b*tch.
Guitarsoup
AG

Quote:

"Derrick's growth from this time last year to now has been off the charts," Hardy said. "His time spent in Austin last year was really good for his development. We are really excited about Derrick's future."

https://www.expressnews.com/spurs-nation/article/White-s-growth-off-the-charts-coach-says-13038599.php?utm_campaign=twitter-premium&utm_source=CMS%20Sharing%20Button&utm_medium=social
flashplayer
AG
It's been absolute silence on the trade front for nearly 48 hours. The Spurs must be putting LALs feet to the fire. I bet we don't hear jack until about 10pm central, an hour before free agency starts.
AgPediRPh
AG
Agree with everything. Parker definitely took a dig at Leonard, but it's hardly a scathing insult. It just seems like Leonard's camp starting looking for something to get angry about and found it. Sounds like an ex girlfriend of mine.

And if Parker calling out his toughness was too much to handle, wait until he has to face the LA media.
Pumpkinhead
AG
flashplayer said:

It's been absolute silence on the trade front for nearly 48 hours. The Spurs must be putting LALs feet to the fire. I bet we don't hear jack until about 10pm central, an hour before free agency starts.
There must be some pressure on the Spurs as well to solve this. Sure, technically they don't have to do anything in the short term, but if the relationship is completely broken then having Kawhi on the team next season would be like forcing a couple that is getting a divorce to continue living together for several months. Either you pay Kawhi to sit out or you have potentially a poisoned locker room situation. Can you imagine the Spurs fans reactions to Leonard at this point? If he was still on the Spurs but it was clear he didn't want to be there, guy would probably be getting booed at his own home games.

If the thoughts by the media types are on point that Pop probably only has 1-2 seasons left coaching, hard to imagine he'd want to spend one of his last seasons dealing with that kind of disgruntled superstar drama. The Lakers and Spurs both probably in the same mode right now of seeing if someone flinches first.
Guitarsoup
AG
I just don't think Pop is at all interested in creating a Lakers super team for Kuzma and Ingram. He knows that if the Lakers sign LeBron, resign Randle, they can't sign Kawhi as a free agent next year.

Kawhi doesn't have the personality to make up the Supermax with ads, especially when you add in that 13% tax in LA.
flashplayer
AG
Agree. I think it's actually a 3 way game of chicken with Kawhi as the 3rd party. The Spurs can basically ruin him if they don't get a decent offer. Yeah, it hurts the Spurs too but if they don't like Kuzma and Ingram, you're going to have a long rebuild on your hands either way. Forcing Kawhi to play and increase his trade value at the start of the season is still an option to me.
Pendragon12
AG
I think if Kawhi, more specifically his camp who continues to leak things, could be professional about next season and actually have an open mind, Spurs fans will take him back. If he's healthy and wants to be here, the guy is our future. Plain and simple.

But if he continues down the path he's on, is unprofessional, creates locker room problems, tears the team apart, has his "group" leak BS to the media, etc., then you're right and the Spurs can't have that.

As much as I'm done with Kawhi at this point, I realize there's a reason why his family won't let him meet with Pop one on one. Kawhi isn't a terrible person. He may be more weak mentally than we all originally thought, but I honestly don't believe he's a bad guy. I think he and Pop truly care about one another, and if Pop and the team can tolerate him back, so can the fans.

Best case scenario for Spurs fans - Kawhi is 100% healthy and wants to stay in silver and black for his career. But only PATFO can determine what's best for this team right now.
Ulrich
04.arch.ag said:

I think Green was trying to do the right thing. Calm the waters, let all this play out behind the scenes instead of fueling a media fire that only makes things worse. Kawhi still met with Pop, there was still a chance. I don't see why a player should be called out for toeing the party line in this instance.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Ulrich said:

04.arch.ag said:

I think Green was trying to do the right thing. Calm the waters, let all this play out behind the scenes instead of fueling a media fire that only makes things worse. Kawhi still met with Pop, there was still a chance. I don't see why a player should be called out for toeing the party line in this instance.

Agreed. I think Green and others were just being good soldiers and trying to deflect some of the negative attention that was being directed towards both sides. They were still in the middle of a playoff hunt and didn't want the distractions amplified any more than they already were. If anything, that makes me appreciate Danny even more.
Enzo The Baker
AG
superunknown
AG
Guitarsoup said:

If hearing a torn quad is worst than quad tendonitis is worse and you can't be on a team anymore because of it, you are the biggest pansy in the world.

A torn quad is what ended Chuck's career.

Werent they also saying at the time of the injuries that a tear was better bc they could surgically reattach vs tendonitis which has to basically heal on its own?
Enzo The Baker
AG
If Kawhi is traded, I hope there's a way we could go after Avery Bradley. He would be a nice defensive transition piece for the post-Kawhi era.
West Texan
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

If Kawhi is traded, I hope there's a way we could go after Avery Bradley. He would be a nice defensive transition piece for the post-Kawhi era.

I like Avery Bradley, but even without Kawhi, defense wasn't the problem this season. We need shooters and someone that can create their own shot. Bradley doesn't really fill that role. Add the fact that he's only played more than 70 games twice in his career and he'd be another undersized 2 guard in our increasingly full backcourt, is have to pass.
Good Poster
AG
West Texan said:

Enzo The Baker said:

I like Avery Bradley, but even without Kawhi, defense wasn't the problem this season. We need shooters and someone that can create their own shot. Bradley doesn't really fill that role. Add the fact that he's only played more than 70 games twice in his career and he'd be another undersized 2 guard in our increasingly full backcourt, is have to pass.

Agreed. Like Bradley a lot. Does not fit this team at all.
Guitarsoup
AG
With green and Murray, Bradley isn't needed.

Need a starter caliber PG,SF and another big that can compliment LMA
Ag Natural
AG
What we need is Kawhi. With White, Murray and Walker being groomed to be the gaurds of the future, the missing element is the versatile wing who can score and defend at a high level.
Enzo The Baker
AG
We won't ever be able to replace Kawhi. Bradley is a good all around player. He can defend, shoot, and get his own shot better than any perimeter player we have on our team. Dejounte's offense is not even close to being there, and he's not the best one-on-one defender. Green is a wild card shooter. White and Walker are still unknowns. Bradley would provide us with a defensive stopper who can keep the other defense honest, something we won't have when Kawhi is gone.
Good Poster
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

We won't ever be able to replace Kawhi. Bradley is a good all around player. He can defend, shoot, and get his own shot better than any perimeter player we have on our team. Dejounte's offense is not even close to being there, and he's not the best one-on-one defender. Green is a wild card shooter. White and Walker are still unknowns. Bradley would provide us with a defensive stopper who can keep the other defense honest, something we won't have when Kawhi is gone.

Avery Bradley is 6'2".

Dejounte literally just made an all-defensive team.
flashplayer
AG
Bradley and Dejounte and Danny Green on offense at the same time??? I think I just threw up in my mouth.
Good Poster
AG
We have zero small forwards on our roster right now (yes I'm aware Kawhi is on the roster still, and Kyle is RFA) and someone wants Avery Bradley.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.