*****2017-2018 San Antonio Spurs*****

297,576 Views | 3490 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by OlRock
West Texan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
4-0 with a 117-100 won over Miami. Didn't watch, but Murray came back to earth finally. Still only turned the ball over once, which I'll always take. Aldridge has 31 and Gay had 22 off the bench.
LawHall88
AG
Murray is a good player now, he could be great with a jump shot. But, he seems a long way from having a jump shot.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Limited amount I watched was pretty good! Turned it on in the middle of the 3rd, watched latter half of that quarter.

It's great to see Manu out there still!
jteagle
AG
I watched the whole game. Shooting was much better than the last two games. The Heat played with them until about midway through the 3rd qtr. when Rudy Gay and Manu just went crazy and opened a 20 pt lead. Miami didn't quit but they never got within 11 pts after that. Danny had an excellent game. Only missed one shot and scored 15. Anderson got a double-double and seems to have really stepped up his game. LA shot the ball well and Rudy Gay was just abusing people. Brandon Paul saw significant time in the second straight game and scored his first points as a Spur. Hit two really nice 3s. And oh by the way Manu Ginobili does not play like a 40 yr old.
Ag Natural
AG
That was a fun game. Both teams are very well coached. Gay, Anderson, Aldridge and Murray are making all the offseason doubters looks like fools so far. Everybody is so obsessed with playing fantasy GM they forget that the best way to get better is to have your guys simply improve. Toss in getting Gay at a bargain because of injury and this looks like a home run offseason right now.

Now let's get a healthy Kawhi and see what this team can do.
Good Poster
AG
West Texan said:

4-0 with a 117-100 won over Miami. Didn't watch, but Murray came back to earth finally. Still only turned the ball over once, which I'll always take. Aldridge has 31 and Gay had 22 off the bench.

Seriously what is the purpose of this post? Thanks for the box score summary from someone who didn't watch?
Pendragon12
AG
Kyle, Danny, and Rudy are the biggest surprises so far.

Kyle has stepped up offensively and he's finally playing aggressively.

Danny, what can I say? He's always been one of my favorite Spurs, but his dribbling and creating his own shot appears to have drastically improved over the offseason. He's been killing it so far.

Not much to say on Rudy other than he looks really good and I'm happy we signed him. As much as I loved Simmons on the bench, a healthy Rudy Gay is a pretty big upgrade in my opinion.

This team needs Kawhi though. We have a great team that plays smart basketball, but we need our super star. He and Aldridge need to learn how to play in a way that LA stays engaged, because we'll need both playing at a high level to have a chance at another championship.
jteagle
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What's the purpose in being a dick for no reason?
West Texan
AG
Money Ag said:

West Texan said:

Seriously what is the purpose of this post? Thanks for the box score summary from someone who didn't watch?

Ok posting police.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Seen on reddit.

Quote:

The hate I have for the Spurs (and Robert Horry) is just masqueraded jealousy. Seeing the exchange between Murray and Pop really hit the nail on the head for me these past couple days.
The Spurs are the most well-run organization in all of sports and I'm just extremely, bitterly jealous of everything you guys have built, earned, and currently have.

In the past 20-25 years, you've had it all - and the craziest thing is that you've earned every bit of it with your absolutely killer scouting, drafting, and player development. Tim Duncan is the greatest PF of all-time. The Admiral was perhaps one of the greatest athletes of all-time, up there with Bo Jackson and Deion Sanders. Tony and Manu are two of the greatest international players of all-time. Kawhi is one of the best two-way super stars in the game. Pop is the greatest head coach of all-time (because eff Phil Jackson). Do you guys understand just how insane all of those things are, added together? It blows my god damned mind.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I am so envious of what you guys have. I'd give anything for the Suns to taste a fraction of the success you guys have experienced. The contrast between our organizations is night and day. You guys deserve every bit of success you guys experience. Watching you guys develop a small-market into a basketball powerhouse for the past couple of decades has been a pleasure, coming from someone who absolutely hates watching his team play yours.

Best of luck to you all, you guys are in for a treat so long as everyone stays healthy. I'll be rooting from the nosebleeds (and forcing trades for Kawhi in 2k).
Guitarsoup
AG
jteagle said:

Rudy is already the best Gay SF we've ever had.

jteagle
AG
This is pretty interesting.

LawHall88
AG
So much for going undefeated.

One of those nights. Couldn't make a shot.
Ulrich
Mills was terrible. So was the defence.
aggie_fan13
AG
well ****
some men you just cant reach ...
Pendragon12
AG
Verde giveth, Verde taketh away.

Danny had a killer last few minutes to get us the lead, then he threw the ball away (though looks like it may have been Mills' fault for not being in the right spot). Tough one to lose because it's one we were in control of late.

Team looked decent though, fun game to watch.

I miss Kawhi.
Guitarsoup
AG

LMA > Duncan
Guitarsoup
AG

West Texan
AG
Pendragon12 said:

I miss Kawhi.

This
jteagle
AG
Well I guess it could be worse. We could be the Cavs. The lost to the Nets and the Knicks in the same week!
Ag Natural
AG
No outside shooting right now and lots of TOs. Kawhi not there to bail the team out offensively. I'm really interested to see what this team looks like at full strength.

Obi Wan Ginobili
West Texan said:

It probably could have been worded better by Money Ag, but it is funny that you're analyzing a game you admit you didn't watch.
Good Poster
AG
Obi Wan Ginobili said:

West Texan said:

It probably could have been worded better by Money Ag, but it is funny that you're analyzing a game you admit you didn't watch.

Thank you
Pumpkinhead
AG
Golden State, Cleveland, Houston, Spurs, and Thunder are a combined 17-14 thus far this season.
ZEEB
AG
Another game on national tv tonight!

4-0 on national tv this season (including WGN @ CHI)
Ag Natural
AG
Get Mr Miyagi to San Antonio ASAP. This team struggling without Kawhi
Pendragon12
AG
Not quite done with watching the 4th, but the bright spots from this awful stretch?

Brandon Paul and Rudy Gay. Both of these signings, early on, look really really good. Paul looks quick defensively and has a nice shot. Gay will be a force coming off the bench.

And DJ isn't ready. Against some better guard play/defense, he's struggled with TOs big time. His defense also hasn't been great on this road trip from what I can see. And Patty has been awful on both sides...he's a black hole right now on offense. We need TP back in a big way right now if only to settle the offense down in certain stretches. Between DJ's TOs and Patty shooting the instant he touches the ball, the offense is struggling.
jteagle
AG
Pumpkinhead said:

Golden State, Cleveland, Houston, Spurs, and Thunder are a combined 17-14 thus far this season.
Add two more in the loss column as the Spurs and Rockets both lose. The Warriors did beat the Clippers by 28. I think the horrific Gordon Hayward injury on opening night started some bad karma that has accounted for some really strange things happening in the league.
jteagle
AG
From yesterday! Get well soon Tony. We need you.

Ulrich
Boston is a very well coached team. Impressive passing and recognition, especially for an almost entirely new team early in the season.

Gasol and Mills are killing us right now. Boston was going after Gasol defensively, and Mills is out of control right now.

Paul is looking like a great pickup. Nice shot, good defense, and that block he had on Brown was Kawhi-esque. Made a nearly impossible play look routine.

We need Kawhi back.
Ag Natural
AG
I agree that Gasol and Mills have looked rough. Mills hasn't been shooting his normal percentage and I think its because he's just not getting open looks. That should change when Kawhi comes back.

I think we can understand better now what Pop was referring to last year when he said he thought Tony was having his best season. All his numbers were down but he was orchestrating everything and not turning the ball over.
CactusThomas
AG
Ulrich said:

Boston is a very well coached team. Impressive passing and recognition, especially for an almost entirely new team early in the season.

The Beautiful Game is not dead, it just left town.
Pendragon12
AG
Ulrich said:

Gasol and Mills are killing us right now. Boston was going after Gasol defensively, and Mills is out of control right now.

Paul is looking like a great pickup. Nice shot, good defense, and that block he had on Brown was Kawhi-esque. Made a nearly impossible play look routine.

We need Kawhi back.

Gasol has been rough defensively, but he's been okay on the offensive side of the ball from what I can see. I think once Kawhi is back, Gasol will get more time with the ball movement-y second team (or I hope), and he'll be even more effective. Patty has been awful on both ends it seems, and he's just chucking shots trying to get his back. Which I'm sure Pop has told him to do so, but damn, it must be frustrating for those guys to run down the court and have Patty throw up a miss again and again and again.
Guitarsoup
AG
Ginobili's son wanted to be a bat for Halloween.

Quote:

"He wanted to be a bat, yeah," Ginobili shrugged. "The little one doesn't know yet."

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2017/11/01/young-ginobilis-bat-costume-amuses-dad/

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.