*****2017-2018 San Antonio Spurs*****

297,577 Views | 3490 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by OlRock
ToHntortoFsh
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ulrich said:

Also I finally understood your username just now. My brain always tries to make it Toronto Fish.

Yeah deciding on hunting or fishing = a never ending internal struggle. Thankfully there's such a thing called Cast and Blast!
flashplayer
AG
Now Jabari is saying Kawhi would not sit out if he remains on the Spurs. Kawhis camp must be conceding defeat.
West Texan
AG
flashplayer said:

Now Jabari is saying Kawhi would not sit out if he remains on the Spurs. Kawhis camp must be conceding defeat.

Always hold out hope that things can be repaired, because Kawhi wearing silver and black is the best thing for the franchise.
dave99ag
AG
CIA Pop doing work as usual.
Guitarsoup
AG
?w=1000
Guitarsoup
AG
Good Poster
AG
I wonder which picks
flashplayer
AG
What picks does Philly have? Theirs will not be worth much if they add Kawhi, and especially if they add Lebron.
ToHntortoFsh
Is there any scenario where the Sixers get Kawhi without Simmons or Embid? I don't see Fultz being a good trade.
Guitarsoup
AG
No chance the Spurs get Joel or Ben
flashplayer
AG
Do they really need Simmons with Kawhi and Lebron? I bet they'd part with him to get Kawhi if Lebron commits (on condition he'd be playing with Leonard)

Fultz
Kawhi
Lebron
Saric
Embiid
Guitarsoup
AG
Simmons and James are close friends
flashplayer
AG
Lebron and Chris Paul are banana boyz. So what.
Ulrich
I've sort of lost track of what reasonable value is any more, but Philly has a lot of players I'd like to see on the spurs.
Guitarsoup
AG
Bron can't get the max and play with Paul. Pretty big deal

All of LBJ's titles have come playing with a guard that can create for LeBron and score on their own.
ATM9000
AG
flashplayer said:

Do they really need Simmons with Kawhi and Lebron? I bet they'd part with him to get Kawhi if Lebron commits (on condition he'd be playing with Leonard)

Fultz
Kawhi
Lebron
Saric
Embiid

Trading Simmons and his rookie contract for Kawhi makes little sense for anybody but maybe the Spurs.
Pendragon12
AG
Nope. Embiid and Simmons are untouchable. Fultz in a deal, along with other pieces, is best we can hope for.
MookieBlaylock
AG
With a lineup of embid Simmons and wussy leonard

You would be lucky to have 10 games where they all played
ToHntortoFsh
Pendragon12 said:

Nope. Embiid and Simmons are untouchable. Fultz in a deal, along with other pieces, is best we can hope for.

So why consider a trade? I don't see the benefit for the Spurs
flashplayer
AG
ATM9000 said:

flashplayer said:

Fultz
Kawhi
Lebron
Saric
Embiid

Trading Simmons and his rookie contract for Kawhi makes little sense for anybody but maybe the Spurs.

Conversely, San Antonio conceding an 8th place finish or worse the next 5 years for anything less than 3 picks in the late 20s and a couple of really solid players for Kawhi only makes sense for teams other than San Antonio.

I doubt the Spurs threw out an offer of Covington/ Saric plus 3 picks for Kawhi and Philly said no. If they did then at minimum Philly is insane and I'd really question the Spurs angle there.
Pendragon12
AG
Because if PATFO legitimately believes that keeping Kawhi is detrimental to the team, and there is zero hope to convince him to stay long term, then you weigh that with the value being offered.

I don't expect them to take pennies, but fultz, Saric, a few first rounders (preferably the Miami one), maybe some salary fillers is not a bad trade for a very disgruntled star with one year remaining. Especially if we feel we can fix Markell's shot. He was the #1 pick for a reason a year ago.

Simmons and Embiid are cornerstones to that franchise. They're young, cheap, and improving. And if the goal is Lebron, trading Simmons is counterproductive. They seem to be close.
ATM9000
AG
flashplayer said:

ATM9000 said:

flashplayer said:

Fultz
Kawhi
Lebron
Saric
Embiid

Conversely, San Antonio conceding an 8th place finish or worse the next 5 years for anything less than 3 picks in the late 20s and a couple of really solid players for Kawhi only makes sense for teams other than San Antonio.

I doubt the Spurs threw out an offer of Covington/ Saric plus 3 picks for Kawhi and Philly said no. If they did then at minimum Philly is insane and I'd really question the Spurs angle there.

If Kawhi isn't willing to commit long term to Philly, I guarantee you Philly told the Spurs to pound sand.
ToHntortoFsh
Pendragon12 said:

Because if PATFO legitimately believes that keeping Kawhi is detrimental to the team, and there is zero hope to convince him to stay long term, then you weigh that with the value being offered.

I don't expect them to take pennies, but fultz, Saric, a few first rounders (preferably the Miami one), maybe some salary fillers is not a bad trade for a very disgruntled star with one year remaining. Especially if we feel we can fix Markell's shot. He was the #1 pick for a reason a year ago.

Simmons and Embiid are cornerstones to that franchise. They're young, cheap, and improving. And if the goal is Lebron, trading Simmons is counterproductive. They seem to be close.

So basically take it in the teeth and get a pat on the back? Why not send his ass somewhere else? Wouldn't it be better to send him to some **** team for several of their first round picks so we know we'd get a better pick next year?
Guitarsoup
AG
ToHntortoFsh said:

Pendragon12 said:

So basically take it in the teeth and get a pat on the back? Why not send his ass somewhere else?

Who is going to give a Kings ransom for a one year rental
Pendragon12
AG
Where? The Lakers and form another WC super team for some fairly meh prospects also? Clippers for even worse prospects? To trade, we need someone to trade with. Right now, seems our decent suitors are LAL and Philly.
ToHntortoFsh
Pendragon12 said:

Where? The Lakers and form another WC super team for some fairly meh prospects also? Clippers for even worse prospects? To trade, we need someone to trade with. Right now, seems our decent suitors are LAL and Philly.

Who from philly is worth anything other than the ones their not willing to trade?
flashplayer
AG
No one. Which to me is why you force Kawhi to be a man and come back. If he's traded, Spurs lose. If he leaves next summer, Spurs lose. Take your chances that he matures and doesn't want to leave $50 million on the table
Pendragon12
AG
Who from anywhere is worth a healthy Kawhi that teams are willing to trade? That's the problem when trying to trade a disgruntled top 5 guy.

Philly has to be willing to trade Fultz. Saric is nice, but nowhere near enough to be a centerpiece.
ToHntortoFsh
flashplayer said:

No one. Which to me is why you force Kawhi to be a man and come back. If he's traded, Spurs lose. If he leaves next summer, Spurs lose. Take your chances that he matures and doesn't want to leave $50 million on the table

Of all the options I think this one is best. Granted I don't know much about basketball other than I love the Spurs. I'd be tempted to say screw you kawhi. You have a contract and you're gonna live with it. Be a ***** or make the most of it and try to win a title.
flashplayer
AG
Lebron to LAL 4 years 154 million
Mike Elko
AG
flashplayer said:

Lebron and Chris Paul are banana boyz. So what.

POTD. I needed this.
Mike Elko
AG
flashplayer said:

Lebron to LAL 4 years 154 million

F me runnin'.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Well ****
Sports-Ag
AG
So do we get the "Godfather" deal now or does lakers wait until next year for kawhi?
Enzo The Baker
AG
I think the Lakers will wait. Now Philadelphia doesn't have as much of an incentive to offer a lot for Kawhi. I think we keep Kawhi this year.

When is the deadline for his max extension?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.