*****2017-2018 San Antonio Spurs*****

292,283 Views | 3490 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by OlRock
Enzo The Baker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Gasol was injured in a bicycle accident in Italy. Unfortunately it doesn't look like it was serious enough to use the disabled player exception.
TyHolden
AG
Nobody knows how healthy kawhi is but kawhi...something tells me he's got a career threatening injury that is still not healed...also, somebody inside told me that. It's a gamble to go big on him. We've got our eye on someone in the draft.
West Texan
AG
DSAg44 said:

Nobody knows how healthy kawhi is but kawhi...something tells me he's got a career threatening injury that is still not healed...also, somebody inside told me that. It's a gamble to go big on him. We've got our eye on someone in the draft.

TyHolden
AG
West Texan said:

DSAg44 said:

nothing specific. Just what I was told a while back. He might have been a few whiskies in but that's what he said in front of several spurs fans. He's got connections but not sure how high. It's not liucci news but not cnn either.
flashplayer
AG
It's not a stretch to think his quad could linger his entire career. Players have about a 15 year effective career window at max. Kawhi is already 7 years in, and it's taken him over a year to heal from his quad injury. (Which is generally considered an injury of attrition) With only 8 potentially productive years left, I'm sure the Spurs would rather he prove himself before they plop down a max deal and sink the cap for the next 5 years.

That said, they're probably in a situation where you have to gamble one way or the other.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

West Texan
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Kawhi is in New York as well, so I assume the Pop, Kawhi, Timmy meetings will start. Lebron being there is interesting. Probably just coincidence, but we can hope right?
West Texan
AG
So I know we all have our share of frustrations with Danny Green; streaky shooting, lack of being able to attack off the dribble, trying to do too much this year with no real creator out there, etc. But, he seems like a really great teammate and he's always sporting the Spurs company line. Throughout all of the Kawhi stuff that has gone on, Danny has always said things aren't as bad as what the media is trying to make it out to be and that it's still Spurs first. I really appreciate that in a pro athlete, especially in a time when it's all about the individual player.

https://www.poundingtherock.com/2018/6/14/17462752/danny-green-interview-espnsa-rumors-tension-kawhi-leonard-tony-parker

Ok I'm off my soapbox.
Guitarsoup
AG
Duncan is probably going to the JNCO convention.
Ulrich
Danny has moved way up my "favorite spur" list... he was always solid, but it's difficult not to like a dude that struggled to stick in the league and has pretty much maximized his potential, plays hard, and quietly grinds out season after noncontroversial season in the starting lineup of good teams.

If there's a moment that sums him up, it was in his first season with the Spurs. Kobe got in his face because he didn't like how Danny was defending him. Danny didn't shove or instigate, but he also didn't back down an inch in the moment or the rest of the game.
Ulrich
Apparently Dejounte tweeted a Photoshop of LeBron wearing a spurs jersey. Maybe the odds have moved from 0.002% to 0.003%.
flashplayer
AG
Tim wanted to pitch to Pop, Lebron, and Kawhi about returning as a big 4 with those guys and Lamarcus.
TyHolden
AG
flashplayer said:

Tim wanted to pitch to Pop, Lebron, and Kawhi about returning as a big 4 with those guys and Lamarcus.
need to get the ice man and the A-train involved as well
aggie_fan13
AG
Bring back Boris
West Texan
AG
azulAg said:

Bring back Boris

Boris is planning his take over of France.
https://twitter.com/franceintheus/status/1006649584133734402?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spurstalk.com%2Fforums%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D272262%26page%3D7
Guitarsoup
AG
azulAg said:

Bring back Boris
Boris joined the Marines.

Yes, seriously.
DTP02
AG
Guitarsoup said:

azulAg said:

Bring back Boris
Boris joined the Marines.

Yes, seriously.

Well, if there's a Marine branch anywhere that would allow you to indulge in the finer things and not worry too much about physical fitness, it's probably in France.
West Texan
AG
Boris always struck me as "a girl in every port" kind of guy. Now he's just expanding his ports.
aggie_fan13
AG
He truly is the most interesting man in the world
dave99ag
AG
aggie_fan13
AG
I always feel bad for my mom, she ordered a Boris jersey right when he got released
Enzo The Baker
AG
Ulrich
Translation?
Enzo The Baker
AG
It appears to be good news. What that news is I'm not sure. In any event, we get a new Kanye-produced Nas album.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Young says that Joffrey is expected to opt out of his contract and play overseas for more money. Maybe that's the good news.
LawHall88
AG
West Texan
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Young says that Joffrey is expected to opt out of his contract and play overseas for more money. Maybe that's the good news.

That's great news. He was almost as awful as Joffrey Baratheon.
Ulrich
15 points, 12 rebounds, and 3 assists per 36 from a bench player making 1.5mm is good value. Pretty similar stats to Gasol for less than a tenth the cost on a shorter contract.

He's not a world beater, but he was never supposed to be. I don't see the point of running him down.
FTAG 2000
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

No way is the Joffrey news worthy of Spurs fans being spoiled. Most Spurs fans couldn't give a **** about a bench big making a small amount, most don't care or pay attention to the salary cap situation.

That has to be about Kawhi coming back for less to get another star, James (or another star) coming, something like that.
Enzo The Baker
AG
AG 2000' said:

Enzo The Baker said:

No way is the Joffrey news worthy of Spurs fans being spoiled. Most Spurs fans couldn't give a **** about a bench big making a small amount, most don't care or pay attention to the salary cap situation.

That has to be about Kawhi coming back for less to get another star, James (or another star) coming, something like that.
You don't say?
Enzo The Baker
AG
WTF JABARI??!!

The report is that Kawhi wants a trade.
LawHall88
AG
LawHall88
AG

Enzo The Baker
AG
Y'all think he used his injury to get out of here? That's what it seems like now.
aggieactor01
AG
If true...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.