*****2017-2018 San Antonio Spurs*****

292,286 Views | 3490 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by OlRock
Ulrich
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Top tier talent like Lamarcus Aldridge, Pau Gasol, and Rudy Gay?
Pumpkinhead
AG
Chipotlemonger said:

That sounds like pure conjecture!
Possibly somebody from Kawhi's camp did put something out there. But doesn't seem to take much for ESPN to cite 'sources' and then take it from there. This kind of does remind me a bit of that recent Belichick, Brady, Kraft rift that ESPN was trying to throw out there as a news story (conveniently right before playoffs began).
Mike Elko
AG
Stick to your Fab Five documentaries, Jalen.
Pumpkinhead
AG
https://www.si.com/nba/2018/01/23/nba-rumors-season-kawhi-leonard-kevin-love-jason-kidd-damian-lillard
Quote:

That report included a fairly strong denial from Spurs GM RC Buford"There is no issue between the Spurs organization and Kawhi"so take that for what you will. San Antonio has been the most successful organization in the league over the past 20 years, but we're coming off 18 months of rumors that Lamarcus Aldridge was unhappy, all of which were denied vehemently by the Spurs themselves. Then a few weeks ago, Gregg Popovich emerged to more or less confirm every rumor we'd heard about the LaMarcus relationship the past two years.

Quote:

Now: Does this mean Kawhi is going to request a trade and/or join Twitter to start tweeting cryptic things about his future? Probably not. It's possible, even likely, that this is a case of everyone being frustrated while the injury resolves itself, and everything will be fine once Kawhi is playing again. But it's worth monitoring. Leonard is one of the five or six best players in the league. While the entire sport obsesses over the futures of Giannis Antetokounmpo and Anthony Davis, both of whom are under contract for several more years, Kawhi is more accomplished than either one and is a free agent at the end of next season. And he might be frustrated in San Antonio?

Quote:

The Kawhi injury situation was already one of the strangest stories of the seasonno one in the NBA knows what's happening, why he's missed this much time, or when he might get back to 100%and thanks to ESPN's report it just became even more strange.

Ag Natural
AG
Yeah Kawhi's camp is saying some pretty nasty stuff.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/Kawhi-Leonard-s-camp-refutes-ESPN-report-12515778.php
Ag Natural
AG
These talking heads don't know anything. All it takes is one guy in Kawhi's entourage to say "yeah he should maybe go somewhere else" and they run with it. Jalen and Stephen A. have never had a single scoop from SA. Never. They don't have sources. Meanwhile, the Express News is interviewing real people with names and refuting all of this.
Ulrich
ESPN is roughly equivalent to buzzfeed.
Enzo The Baker
AG
LMA will be named an all star reserve. Well deserved.
Ag Natural
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

LMA will be named an all star reserve. Well deserved.

More proof that Jalen's "intel" is garbage. Yeah, SA can't lure all star FAs.... oh wait.
West Texan
AG
First, **** Jalen Rose. He's a ****ty commenter regardless of this particular story, but there's no way he has the inside scoop on Kawhi or the Spurs.

Second, we went to the conference finals last season with a team built around Kawhi. PATFO has always built the team from the draft and a few key free agent signings, not going after the big name max contract guys. I know the warriors have everyone panicked, but why would one season where he's been injured and we're still going to be a playoff team would have him so freaked out that he wants out. It just doesn't add up logically. We're not the Knicks that turn our wheels in the mud perpetually.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Nice win at home against the Cavs. 114-102.
Ag Natural
AG
I know nobody cares about defense. But watching the Spurs when they are locked in with the long athletes they have is so fun.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Nice game for Murray and Anderson. They looked great on both sides. Good to see LMA bounce back from last two stinkers.
West Texan
AG
I've been watching the Ags and only flipped over a couple times for the Spurs. Clearly I chose poorly...
Enzo The Baker
AG
Holy crap. Murray had 7 steals.
mike_ags_fan12
And to think the ags were once a top 5 team this year.
Sports-Ag
AG
Great win tonight. I'm not use to hearing rumors about the Spurs, feels strange. I hope it's not true about Kawhi but when the LMA rumor first came out Spurs denied it then the they admitted it a few months ago. Just hoping there's no truth to it.
Good Poster
AG
Went to the game last night. All things considered, it was a nice win without Gay-Gasol-Manu-Kawhi. Murray played great. He came out after getting the starting nod and had his most complete game yet.

Lue is extremely bad at coaching. .
Mike Elko
AG
Nice W.

Dat dunk by Murray, doh.
MGS
Quote:

Lue is extremely bad at coaching. .
Well, he's not really the coach.
Guitarsoup
AG

In the company of greatness.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Murray always seems to get up for the big games. If he can have that focus every game, he's going to be very good.
ToHntortoFsh
Can we also talk about how classy Tony is? Sure, he'd probably prefer to start...but how many 4 time champions and a Finals MVP would say "Sure, I'm fine with it, whatever will help the team." The young guys who come up in this organization are so lucky to have vets with the kind of attitude that allows them to take a back seat and mentor the young guys.

I love this team

https://projectspurs.com/2018/01/23/tony-parker-has-officially-passed-the-torch-to-dejounte-murray/
"America is a nation that can be defined in a single word:

Asufutimaehaehfutbw"
West Texan
AG
ToHntortoFsh said:

Can we also talk about how classy Tony is? Sure, he'd probably prefer to start...but how many 4 time champions and a Finals MVP would say "Sure, I'm fine with it, whatever will help the team." The young guys who come up in this organization are so lucky to have vets with the kind of attitude that allows them to take a back seat and mentor the young guys.

I love this team

https://projectspurs.com/2018/01/23/tony-parker-has-officially-passed-the-torch-to-dejounte-murray/

Same thing David Robinson did for Timmy, and Timmy stepped aside when it was time for it to be someone else's turn to be "the man". They just play basketball and do what is asked of them.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Nice to win two in a row and have 8 players in double figures. Our first unit's defense was fantastic.
Btron
AG
I cut the cable cord to start the year. How do you all that have done the same keep up with the Spurs games? I live in Austin, fyi
LawHall88
AG
Ugliest half of the season. Woof.
Cave Johnson, CEO
AG
Seriously, they set offensive basketball back a decade after that performance.
Enzo The Baker
AG
On the positive side, maybe they won't wear those ugly uniforms again after playing so badly in them.
Sports-Ag
AG
There has been at least a handful of games this season where they just cannot make a basketball the entire game.
Enzo The Baker
AG
It's a problem. We just have an inability to shoot. We can't even hit wide open jumpers.
Chipotlemonger
AG
What were the main issues tonight? Brutal!
Ag Natural
AG
Brutal shooting and poor defense. Philly somehow is a bad matchup with their size. So if we aren't hitting 3s it gets ugly. I think we hit 3 threes tonight and zero before the 4th quarter.
aggieactor01
AG
Btron said:

I cut the cable cord to start the year. How do you all that have done the same keep up with the Spurs games? I live in Austin, fyi
I use Sling to watch them. Don't recall off hand what the package is but one of them gives you the FSSW and alternates. Spurs are usually on the alternate here in Austin. Mavs and Stars are the default broadcasts.
LawHall88
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.