*****2017-2018 San Antonio Spurs*****

306,895 Views | 3490 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by OlRock
MookieBlaylock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I just don't think he will be a spur let alone in the league
Guitarsoup
AG
MookieBlaylock
AG
You actually worked really hard to find that terrible gif
duck79
AG
Are you meaning Walker or Murray? I am completely lost in this back and forth over which player is being discussed.
Guitarsoup
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

You actually worked really hard to find that terrible gif
I just googled "Mookie Texags" and it was the first thing that showed up.
MookieBlaylock
AG
old Lonnie boy

Nobody can have a diff opinion from guitar soup bc he lived in SA 35 years ago
West Texan
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

I just don't think he will be a spur let alone in the league

Considering the Spurs have turned a lot of guys into solid NBA players and the only first round busts we've had since 2010 are James Anderson and Livio Jean-Charles, I'll take the odds that Lonnie is still in the league.
LawHall88
AG
jteagle
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Lonnie ain't very good and has a long way to go to even make the spurs
OMG

Yes all of a sudden the Spurs front office has forgotten how to evaluate talent and develop it.

Truthfully, the key is if Lonnie himself wants to work to get better and I think that is one of the the things the Spurs look for is work ethic. I will put trust in the Spurs coaching staff and I think he will be fine in a few years.
MookieBlaylock
AG
I don't think the spurs will be the spurs in 2 years

This is gonna be ugly

But yeah this kid has bust written all over him and he needed 4 years of college to mature

Spurs don't babysit well
flashplayer
AG
Definitely doesn't show anything NBA caliber there.
MookieBlaylock
AG
That was nice but I can watch the professor do that crap
flashplayer
AG
Seeing as the Spurs don't have a guy on their roster that can shake and bake like that, I'll take him and the professor over Mills and Murray on offense.
MookieBlaylock
AG
So you want to win 9 games next year
Awesome

Send me a link when he does that against a player with a pulse
flashplayer
AG
A top 1-4 pick in 2019 would be a decent start to rebuilding if Kawhi is leaving, so yeah.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Is there a Duncan or Robinson in 2019?
Soup?
Ag Natural
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

So you want to win 9 games next year
Awesome

Send me a link when he does that against a player with a pulse

You'll get your chance to see the kid face real competition. I bet he and White get a lot of minutes early this season. Btw, I disagree with you entirely. Lonnie checks most of the boxes. If he has the work ethic he'll be solid at a minimum. Just in these games he's shown great athleticism, good defensive instincts, a workable shot, and very good competitiveness.
Guitarsoup
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Is there a Duncan or Robinson in 2019?
Soup?
Duncan Robinson signed a summer league contract with the Heat.
MookieBlaylock
AG
What pick was Jarre Jackson Jr?

We made that kid by giving his dad an outrageous 3 million dollar contract
Guitarsoup
AG
He was 4th and Memphis was shopping it to get rid of Chandler Parsons.
MookieBlaylock
AG
That kid is gonna be great

He needs to learn to shake his jaws like the dog from turner and hooch like his paw paw
Guitarsoup
AG
His old man was killer against the Lakers in games 3 and 4. Spurs getting huge games from random places in the playoffs. Like Kerr's 4 for 4 against Dallas in 03.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Stephen Jax hit a bunch that game as well

The manu vs Jax hate cost at least 1 title
Guitarsoup
AG
Spurs have to be the only team to sweep Kobe, Shaq, and LeBron out of the playoffs.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Spurs still haven't ruled out matching Anderson's offer sheet.
Ulrich
Walker looked a lot better today. He's getting more drives going now, but he did try two circus shots against help defense when there were wide open assists available. He has the attitude of a lockdown defender. Still makes a lot of technical mistakes off the ball, but does well on the ball.

Metu has no idea how to work in the paint on defense. Bad positioning, bad leverage, gets pushed under the basket rebounding, gets caught flatfooted when he guesses wrong against drives. All of that can be taught. What can't be taught is his coordination on offense. He looks smooth and under control for a rookie big man doing the things he does.
FTAG 2000
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Spurs still haven't ruled out matching Anderson's offer sheet.

The only reason to match would be to out-idiot the Patty deal from last year.
West Texan
AG
Ulrich said:

Walker looked a lot better today. He's getting more drives going now, but he did try two circus shots against help defense when there were wide open assists available. He has the attitude of a lockdown defender. Still makes a lot of technical mistakes off the ball, but does well on the ball.

Metu has no idea how to work in the paint on defense. Bad positioning, bad leverage, gets pushed under the basket rebounding, gets caught flatfooted when he guesses wrong against drives. All of that can be taught. What can't be taught is his coordination on offense. He looks smooth and under control for a rookie big man doing the things he does.

Metu played pretty exclusively as the only real big on the floor today and got exposed big time. He does much better when he has another big to take on the opposing teams biggest player. He did move his feet well on some pick and roll switches today, so he did have a couple bright spots in an other wise poor defensive display.
Guitarsoup
AG
Brook Lopez signed by Milwaukee for a 1-year biannual exception. We could have paid him the same amount.
Sports-Ag
AG
Derrick White left the game today with a strained right hamstring.
jteagle
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Here is another one. Second day in a row.

Enzo The Baker
AG
jteagle said:

MookieBlaylock said:

Here is another one. Second day in a row.

Bust.
West Texan
AG
It was a much more complete game from Lonnie Walker today as he got to take on a bigger role offensively with Derrick White not playing most of the game. 14 points, 5 rebounds, 3 steals, 2 assists, and only 1 turnover. Still not the most efficient shooting the ball yet, but he didn't really force anything, just needs lots of reps. He looked pretty good running the pick and roll in the second half and can easily get to his spots. Once he develops a consistent jumper off the dribble, he'll be tough to stop coming off screens. He showed better vision today as he had a couple assists that should have been at least a couple more and a couple hockey assists. Still needs to improve his vision a lot, but today was an improvement from the previous game. Defensively he's a stud on the ball. I think at minimum we got us a really good perimeter defender that can sit in the corner and knock down 3s. He sometimes gets lost off the ball when his man is cutting and moving, but more experience and coaching can fix that. Blossomgame played really well today. 22 points, 9 boards, a steal, and 2 blocks. He even knocked down a 3. Still has to expand his range to have a shot at the big club, but love his energy and willingness to do the dirty work.
flashplayer
AG
Don't think White had a lot left to prove so hopefully they just rest his hamstring so it doesn't linger into fall camp. Lonnie needs the time as the man anyway.
Enzo The Baker
AG
PJ and the other two guys at the end of the game think he's going to be something special. They said he looks like an NBA player.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.