*****2017-2018 San Antonio Spurs*****

292,265 Views | 3490 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by OlRock
phatpat21
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well just Incase anyone was wondering... this is pretty much all we need to see
aggie_fan13
AG
****, that's it
Enzo The Baker
AG
That's kind of what Pop has been saying the whole time.
Pendragon12
AG
azulAg said:

So now that the spurs org and the city of SA have turned on kawhi I think it's safe to say he's gone ?

I think the Spurs organization is frustrated. but I also think that the players still have his back, at least most of them. The front office is probably the same. I think every single thing being said about Kawhi is being analyzed to the nth degree so it seems like the team is done with him, but in reality they aren't saying anything different than they have for the last month or so. I think guys like Tony and Manu are probably the most frustrated, but on the flip side, Danny and Pau have come out with supportive words.

The city is steeling themselves for him to leave, but I think everyone will embrace him if he signs a long term deal and stays. I just think that everyone won't be shocked if he leaves at this point.
Enzo The Baker
AG
The latest from Express News.

Quote:

Though some are undermining Leonard's motives, sources tell the Express-News his medical staff still have yet to clear the 26-year-old two-time Defensive Player of the Year, recommending he continue to sit out.

In collaboration with Spurs officials, Leonard followed through with a plan to travel back East earlier this month in hopes of receiving clearance to return to. But though progress is noticeable, doctors Leonard sought for a second opinion about his quad injury are still not ready to approve his return to play with the feeling he needs additional rehab under their supervision.

Though national reports suggest Leonard and his camp decided to leave the team, sources told the Express-News the Spurs also suggested Leonard remain in New York to rehab following his routine checkup from doctors.

Leonard also continues to be monitored by two team officials while away in New York, and he's provided the Spurs with constant updates on his status since being sidelined once again since Jan. 15 before the Spurs played the Atlanta Hawks.
West Texan
AG
Random thoughts I'm having today:

-Who the hell is in Kawhi's "group"? I have a hard time believing they have Kawhi's best interest as their main priority and not what will also benefit the "group" the most. The Spurs were a 60 win team in the Western Conference Finals with Kawhi, and would always be willing to try and add pieces around him to put him and the team in position to win. They've also always been an organization that takes great care of keeping players healthy, so I have a really hard time believing that the Spurs medical staff would clear him when he's not ready to go.

-How much has this fiasco cost the Spurs in potential trades? Kawhi is still under contract, so it's not like we have to get rid of him asap or get nothing in return, but at the same time we can't let a guy of his caliber go for peanuts. Are teams willing to give up bigger pieces/picks for a guy that's turned into a head case?

-If it does come down to having to trade Kawhi, how does PATFO grade out the guys projected to go at the top of the draft? Ayton, Bagley, and Doncic look like guys that have future all star talent and Porter has the reputation of that kind of talent, although we weren't able to see it this season. Would a team like Phoenix be someone they'd try and target to get their (potential) #1 pick?

-What happens with Kawhi has a huge effect on how the Spurs approach the draft. if Kawhi signs an extension and comes back, we're probably staying put at 18. If Kawhi isn't coming back, we're definitely looking to move up imo.

-**** Golden State
Enzo The Baker
AG
Not a shocker but...
phatpat21
9:30 games are the absolute worse
Guess we will see if they play good enough to keep me up past halftime
GSG
Ulrich
I'm probably going to record and watch in the morning.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I miss Tim Duncan.
mike073
AG
Well, the Spurs will be wearing their special, colorful sneakers in honor of Fiesta week Thursday at home.
Gig 'em Aggies!

Enzo The Baker
AG
That's about the best thing that will come of these playoffs.
phatpat21
Los Spurs Por Vida!
Enzo The Baker
AG
I've never seen a team struggle to make so many open shots more than this Spurs team.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Patty is worthless.
mike_ags_fan12
Patty is 1/6
Enzo The Baker
AG
Pop is just putting him in, hoping he'll catch fire. But it's just not going to happen.
AggieOO
Gay is playing well tonight. And patty blows the easy layup.
jagged
AG
Pretty good half
phatpat21
Well that went much better than anticipated
Enzo The Baker
AG
Now I have to stay up.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Dammit

I hope when I take my 3 am pee the game is over
AggieOO
phatpat21 said:

Well that went much better than anticipated
that's what she said.
phatpat21
Hell yeah
Enzo The Baker
AG
Take Mills' ass out of the game. Two straight turnovers.
AggieOO
well, this is a ****ty start.
aggie_fan13
AG
Enzo The Baker
AG
The ball needs to be in Manu's hands at all times.
Sports-Ag
AG
Everyone knows the Warriors comes out strong right after halftime. Do the Spurs not know that?
phatpat21
What a freaking awful start to the second half
Enzo The Baker
AG
How is it possible to be this bad at shooting?
phatpat21
this got ugly real quick
phatpat21
Props to the guys for fighting
And LaMarcus just dominating down low
Feed that man
Enzo The Baker
AG
Can't believe we got back into it. It's night and day with LA tonight.
aggie_fan13
AG
Every time i turn back to the game they start losing, so im gonna turn it off and call it a night. Good luck gents

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.