*****2017-2018 San Antonio Spurs*****

292,271 Views | 3490 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by OlRock
LawHall88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

On Fox Sports "The Herd" show, Jackson took it even further targeting Tony Parker, Manu Ginobili and Popovich adding more fuel to the fire.
Quote:

Pop ... anything that comes out in the media or anything that needs to be said or distributed down to the team, it comes from Pop through Tony and Ginobili.
Quote:

Now you may not believe this .. that meeting that came down from Pop to those guys. They didn't do that on their own. Tony don't have the balls to do that. Ginobili don't have the balls to do that.
Quote:

I don't think no one fears them to respect their word. That came from up top. No question.

Quote:

He went on to say Parker's comment that his injury was worse than Kawhi's was "so low."
Quote:

It's so low and the timing of it is even worse.
Quote:

And now all of a sudden this last week you (Parker) and Ginobili both come out and talk about it at the same time? I played on this organization they came at me sideways before when Pop asked me to say other people are better than me, so I know.
Quote:

By this comment, I wouldn't be surprised this makes Kawhi want to leave.
Quote:

I lost a lot of respect for Tony," Jackson said. "That was low coming from one of your teammates.

http://news4sanantonio.com/sports/spurs-zone/watch-stephen-jackson-blasts-parker-popovich-spurs-on-kawhi-leonard-situation
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Jackson has been talking **** about Pop and the Spurs in general for a few years now. I put very little stock in anything he has to say, tbh.
Pendragon12
AG
Listening to that rant, I don't get the impression that Jackson likes TP very much.

I get what he's saying though, and how it could taken wrongly (or rightly), but come on, Tony's injury WAS worse. His tendon ruptured and had to be surgically repaired. It is basically a worse version of Kawhi's injury. I don't mean people shouldn't read into TP's comments, just that he is medically correct. But his injury was surgically repaired, and there was a good chance that could have not worked out as well as it has. He's lucky he's still playing basketball at this high level.

Kawhi is trying to avoid surgery, and avoid putting his career in a surgeon's hands. I don't think there's anything wrong with that.
aggie_fan13
AG
When did we become the drama organization of the NBA ? Isn't this usually LA or whatever team lebron is on Schtick?
Ag Natural
AG
It is true that TPs injury is usually a career ender. But it could also be true that his injury is actually easier to come back from than Kawhi's. It is sometimes better to tear something and repair it rather than avoid surgury.

The bottom line is you can take that as a slight to Kawhi or not. It's up to Kawhi. Tony is also the guy who openly said this was Kawhis team a few years ago and is now playing a backup role to Murray who isn't exactly an all star.
Mike Elko
AG
Great 2nd quarter, Spurs.
flashplayer
AG
Aldridge with great timing for a knee njury
aggie_fan13
AG
holy ****
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What the **** is going on?
LawHall88
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

No Aldridge, no Kawhi equals a lottery team.
flashplayer
AG
LawHall88 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

No Aldridge, no Kawhi equals a lottery team.

Or even worse an 8 seed and sweep by Houston. Being reported as a contusion, so hopefully not going to end up being a lingering thing.
mike_ags_fan12
https://www.si.com/nba/2018/03/28/kawhi-leonard-injury-spurs-gregg-popovich-lamarcus-aldridge-tim-duncan
West Texan
AG
Big win over okc tonight to tie our records for the 4th seed.
jteagle
AG
Yeah it was a good win tonight and it was especially good to see us have a good second half even though Lamarcus wasn't playing particularly well during that stretch.
jteagle
AG
On another note, I realize that Russell Westbrook is a tremendous basketball talent but this clip shows why I personally don't think he will ever win a championship as the leader of a team.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/22961569

With 2 minutes left and 5 seconds on the shot clock he took a 3 pointer from ATT Center logo that missed by at least 10 ft. Then later with 15 seconds left he took another quick airball. If this was just a rare off night for him it wouldn't be a problem but he does it alot when the pressure is on and the game is on the line.
Ulrich
Agreed. He's super talented but plays dumb. Two very gifted offensive players and an excellent screener/rim runner on the court and that's the best shot he can get?
jteagle
AG
Ulrich said:

Agreed. He's super talented but plays dumb. Two very gifted offensive players and an excellent screener/rim runner on the court and that's the best shot he can get?
And at this point you wonder if he will be able to change that. He's been in the league a while now.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Kawhi has been in New York since Monday doing more rehab. A Spurs official went again. His return is still indefinite. Don't think he will be back.
flashplayer
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Kawhi has been in New York since Monday doing more rehab. A Spurs official went again. His return is still indefinite. Don't think he will be back.

Just a coincidence that this was right after Parker and Ginobili made their comments?
Enzo The Baker
AG
flashplayer
AG
He's going to be rehabbing either way, moron Jabari Young. He can't just sit on his couch and eat Doritos waiting to feel better. That doesn't mean a damn thing.
Ulrich
Even if he comes back tomorrow I don't really think there's time for his conditioning to come back and the team to gel before the playoffs. This isn't like most years where a dominant spurs team can coast into the playoffs and use the first round against a mediocre opponent to round into form, either.

Depends on the matchup, but getting out of the first round is going to be tough.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Thought it was cool that a big for Michigan named Duncan Robinson changed the game for Meatchicken in the final 4 semi

Classic
aggie_fan13
AG
I wish I could've seen a Spurs game in the dome , on the fiesta colorway court
Chipotlemonger
AG
Nice work going on today
West Texan
AG
Spurs really went after Harden on the defensive end, regardless of who he was guarding. Works really well when you can get him in foul trouble and convert when you get favorable matchups.
agwin12
AG
Good win for sure. Some standings changing games coming up later today as well. Need all the separation they can't get
GSG!!!!
"A life lived for others is a life worthwhile" - Albert Einstein
TXAG 05
AG
azulAg said:

I wish I could've seen a Spurs game in the dome , on the fiesta colorway court

Those were fun, fun times, especially the 98-99 season.

The HemisFair was great too.
jteagle
AG
agwin12 said:

Good win for sure. Some standings changing games coming up later today as well. Need all the separation they can't get
GSG!!!!
Definitely a good win. Held Rockets to under 85 and only they hit only seven 3s. Even without Paul that is pretty good.

OKC at NO just getting started and Utah at Minn later.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Even though the Rockets had nothing to play for, it's still a great win for the playoff hunt. And the Spurs' 50 game streak is still alive.

D'Antoni hates the Spurs so much. His nightmares about Pop will only intensify.
Ulrich
1. If Houston is packing it in until the playoffs, they should sit Harden and Capela.

2. Mark Jackson probably has about 70 players on his all-star team.

3. Apparently today was Patty Mills' first time to run a fast break, so hopefully those four hopeless attempts were a good learning experience.

4. The officiating was poor today. Not biased, just poor. Felt like about a quarter of the possessions had either makeup calls or makeup no-calls.

5. I really hate how Houston plays the game. Every screener either grabs or pushes the on-ball defender and Harden still spends most of the game jumping into people.

6. Eric Gordon is super underrated though, I kind of like him. Solid defender.

7. Rudy Gay is really starting to settle in.

8. Houston wasn't trying very hard today, but we have been defensive rebounding MUCH better off late and that continued today.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Houston put in the effort but winning the game hurts them as they want nothing to do with the Spurs as an 8 seed

The pressure as a 1 vs a solid team is not ideal

Rudy Gay is the man
jteagle
AG
Ulrich said:

3. Apparently today was Patty Mills' first time to run a fast break, so hopefully those four hopeless attempts were a good learning experience.

This x1000. I was yelling at the TV. That was the worst. He made up for it with the way he played in the 4th qtr but those fast breaks were bad.
jteagle
AG
MookieBlaylock said:

Rudy Gay is the man
Yeas he is!

Enzo The Baker
AG
Patty and Rudy both made tough shots today that they don't make consistently. I hope that it's a sign of things to come, but it's not something we'd usually see from them, especially in the same game.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.