*****2017-2018 San Antonio Spurs*****

297,580 Views | 3490 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by OlRock
Guitarsoup
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lakers 3pt shooting:

Caldwell-Pope: Lifetime .345
Lonzo: Lifetime .305
Kuzma: Lifetime .366
Lance S: Lifetime .303
Javale: Lifetime 1-15 from three
Rondo: Lifetime .309

Better not trade Ingram and Hart.

LeBron drives, perfect kick out... off the front of the rim
Enzo The Baker
AG
Hornets and Nuggets are said to be interested in Parker along with 5 other teams.
Ulrich
I don't understand the purpose behind throwing 1 year contracts at every headcase in the league. They aren't going to compete and these players aren't trade assets. Maybe LeBron is planning to be "injured" for a year.
West Texan
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Lakers 3pt shooting:

Remember yesterday when I pointed out this problem if Lebron signed with Philly? He's now taken that theory and upped it to an 11. Holy crap they have no one to knock down open 3s.

They will have a pretty salty defensive lineup with Rondo, KCP, Stephenson, Lebron, and McGee though.
duck79
AG
I understand some of these but the Rondo one throws me for a loop. I don't see Rondo being a happy 6th-7th man and I definitely don't see the Ball family happy with him coming off the bench. Rondo had a good year last year and was kind of "resurrecting" his career after a couple bad showcases. I don't think he is ready to play the mentor role though. It just seems like a bomb waiting to blow up.

They have a really weird mixture of a young team growing into potential and an old team with guys trying to coattail to the finals.
Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Hornets and Nuggets are said to be interested in Parker along with 5 other teams.
Hornets have Kemba and Nuggets are already over 20mm over the lux tax line. Denver needs to drop salary before they can do anything.
Guitarsoup
AG
I can only assume LA is planning to make a lot of trades in the next 12 months and they are hoping to compete for 2020 and beyond when Bron has 60,000+ career minutes.
Enzo The Baker
AG
I figured it was for a backup role. Parker hasn't been a starting-quality PG for three years.
duck79
AG
At some point the guy does have to slow down right? As Barkley would say "Father time is undefeated".
Guitarsoup
AG
duck79 said:

At some point the guy does have to slow down right? As Barkley would say "Father time is undefeated".
Kobe was still pretty much unstoppable at LeBron's current age, going 27/6/6 at 34 years old... right up until the point where his achilles tendon blew up on a non-contact first step driving to the hoop.
Guitarsoup
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

I figured it was for a backup role. Parker hasn't been a starting-quality PG for three years.
Denver might be a playoff team and have the tax payer MLE.

If Denver wanted to give Parker the 5.3mm tax payer exception to be backup PG, it would cost them an additional 20 million dollars in luxury tax.

Is Parker worth $25mm? Does he get Denver past Houston, LA, San Antonio, Golden State, Minnesota, OKC, NOLA, and Utah? Yeah, probably not. So are you going to have to pay $25mm for Tony Parker to play for a non-playoff team? You'd have to be insane.

Charlotte is at ~115mm so they have a little space before they pay luxury tax.
Guitarsoup
AG
West Texan said:

Guitarsoup said:

Lakers 3pt shooting:

Remember yesterday when I pointed out this problem if Lebron signed with Philly? He's now taken that theory and upped it to an 11. Holy crap they have no one to knock down open 3s.

They will have a pretty salty defensive lineup with Rondo, KCP, Stephenson, Lebron, and McGee though.

West Texan
AG
Do you really deserve that much credit for signing Lebron when you're entire pitch is, "we're the lakers"? They were an awful team that wasn't close to making the playoffs, much less contending, and he decided he wanted to wear purple and gold.
Guitarsoup
AG

Holeee ****
aggie_fan13
AG
chicken **** bull ****
superunknown
AG
Coming here to post this.

Uhh...welp.
Guitarsoup
AG
Sports-Ag
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Holeee ****

West Texan
AG
Well that's a nice **** you to the lakers at least.
Enzo The Baker
AG
See y'all next postseason. I'm sitting this next season out.
aggie_fan13
AG
thank kd for blowing up the league
superunknown
AG
I wonder if Vegas just takes the warriors off the board now.
AggieOO
Good Lord the NBA is ridiculous. This really might be the end for me.
superunknown
AG
Ag Natural
AG
Cousins is ******* weird. How does he end up with a 5 million dollar deal. The players union in baseball would void that.
Ulrich
This kills the market for Kawhi. Possibly LAC if they think they can keep him, but other than that why bother?
Mike Elko
AG
Meh, last time I checked, Cousins has an Achilles. He won't be the player he was pre-injury. And there's only one ball for all those a-holes to shoot.

Edit: Achilles, not ACL.
Enzo The Baker
AG
5 all-stars in their prime on one team. Unbelievable.
Enzo The Baker
AG
He can take all of the time he needs to come back. That team has absolutely no weakness now.
Mike Elko
AG
superunknown said:

Thug and Thugger.
superunknown
AG
Ag Natural
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

Well it remains to be seen what cousins is after the achilles. I don't think he makes them all that much better. But to have a guy like that possibly wrecking off the bench in the playoffs is sick.
Mike Elko
AG
Maybe. I'm sure he'll contribute, but he won't be Pelicans Boogie. You're right, though, the NBA is done with this GS team. They don't even need him.
Enzo The Baker
AG
I suddenly don't care about this Summer League game.
Ryan34
AG
Ag Natural said:

Enzo The Baker said:

Well it remains to be seen what cousins is after the achilles. I don't think he makes them all that much better. But to have a guy like that possibly wrecking off the bench in the playoffs is sick.
He's replacing JaVale McGee. Hard to believe that he won't to significantly outperform that standard.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.