*****2017-2018 San Antonio Spurs*****

297,584 Views | 3490 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by OlRock
dave99ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
There's a good chance some posters here only know the Spurs winning. Been a long time!
aggie_fan13
AG
i mean i was born in 96 and only started remembering **** circa 01 so give me some slack
dave99ag
AG
Exactly. It's an absolute amazing run and we as Spurs fans have been spoiled for so many years.

I'm going to laugh if they somehow don't make the playoffs and snag a top pick in the draft. Although, I don't see any transcendent players like Duncan or Robinson in this draft.
LawHall88
AG
dave99ag said:

Exactly. It's an absolute amazing run and we as Spurs fans have been spoiled for so many years.

I'm going to laugh if they somehow don't make the playoffs and snag a top pick in the draft. Although, I don't see any transcendent players like Duncan or Robinson in this draft.
Ayton is really, really good. He has Anthony Davis-type potential.

And it looks like Robert Williams will be available at the bottom of the lottery, although I don't know if the Spurs would be interested.
Enzo The Baker
AG
I would honestly like to be in the lottery this year. I know it's unpopular but if we can't compete, we can't compete. Let's at least be in a position to where we can add a young impact player in the summer. We can view this season like the 2000 season where Duncan was shut down. Except we could actually get a great draft pick.
West Texan
AG
Even if Kawhi doesn't come back at all, I don't see this team falling very far into the lottery and I honestly still expect to make the playoffs. As stated above, Deandre Ayton looks like the next great center and there are several other bigs that would be nice to have, but we won't get close enough to draft those guys. I think a guy like Miles Bridges would be someone we could realistically target. Athletic freak, excellent defender that can guard multiple spots, great rebounder, played more of an undersized post in college, not a great jump shooter, sound familiar? I think we could get him in our system and could mold him into a really nice piece that could fit right along side Kawhi in a league that's moving more and more positionless.
jteagle
AG
I've been around for so long that I can actually remember when they didn't even exist and when they existed as the Chaparrals. I remember when the Spurs were good but could never win the big games.

I'm not ready for the team to not make the playoffs but it is a strong possibility for the first time in a long time. I still like the Spurs future chances if Kawhi comes back but I would love to see them make some moves in the offseason.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Kawhi's not coming back Thursday now. He's out indefinitely. Apparently Pop is putting it in the hands of Kawhi and his personal doctors to make the final decision.
Cave Johnson, CEO
AG
jteagle
AG
Well at least we are beating the Magic pretty good. 37 pt lead in the 3rd. Hopefully that carries over to Thursday.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Kawhi is in his uniform tonight.
jteagle
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

And looked like he was having fun. That's got to be good doesn't it?
tbirdspur2010
AG
jteagle said:

Enzo The Baker said:

And looked like he was having fun. That's got to be good doesn't it?
MookieBlaylock
AG
Odds spurs get the 7 seed and GS?

Would flip the spurs to a 2 with the win
tbirdspur2010
AG
We got to play spoiler last time we were a 7 seed.
jteagle
AG
I know every game is big from here on out but tonight and Saturday night are head to head against teams that are ahead of us. If the Spurs take care of business they should be back in the top 8.
MookieBlaylock
AG
Every game is critical

You have Rob Thompson preaching the tank job

If kawai is worth a crap spurs can make a run at it

If not then yeah tank the crap out of it and draft 10 overall

jteagle
AG
Spurs take care of business at home against the Pelicans. Clippers lose so Spurs are the 7th spot 1/2 game ahead of the Jazz in 8th.
Cappo
West Texan
AG
Big win tonight over Minnesota, also helps that New Orleans lost to Houston. If Sacramento can beat Utah, Spurs can jump from 8th to 5th (if I'm looking at everything correctly). TheMarcus was lights out tonight.
aggieactor01
AG
West Texan said:

Big win tonight over Minnesota, also helps that New Orleans lost to Houston. If Sacramento can beat Utah, Spurs can jump from 8th to 5th (if I'm looking at everything correctly). TheMarcus was lights out tonight.

LA couldn't be stopped there for a while. Manu has some great plays. Rudy Gay has a nice game. Started out slow but figured it out. Was a fun game to watch.
jteagle
AG
West Texan said:

Yes and the Grizzlies beat the Nuggets which puts the Spurs 2 games ahead of them. They also showed that Monday the Warriors are supposed to be without Durant, Curry and Thompson.

Things are coming together for the Spurs to make the playoffs and so far they are taking care of business.

The Pelicans have a week from hell. Tues-Thurs they play 3 games back to back to back and play 5 games in 7 days.
Beat40
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5515577/Eleven-arrested-possible-animal-ritual-sacrifice-San-Antonio.html

I know y'all want Leonard back, but come on...

Ha, just playing. Sucks what is happening with him. Never cool to have your star player in limbo like that.
Ulrich
If it was to get Leonard back the cops would have joined in.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Dubs tonight. Looks like Curry, Durant, and Thompson all out. So, very winnable game.

Trick will be to come out and get an early lead. Get them to wave the white flag early, since they're pretty much locked at #2.
ToHntortoFsh
At what point will Pop just tell Kawhi to wait until next year? I wan't the Spurs in the playoffs bad, although I don't have high expectations of advancing very far. There is a small part of me that wonders if it's best they don't make it and get a better pick for next season when Kawhi will be full tilt.
This season has been rough, but glad to see Lamarcus step up and deliver a lot of nights.
"America is a nation that can be defined in a single word:

Asufutimaehaehfutbw"
Mike Elko
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Dubs tonight. Looks like Curry, Durant, and Thompson all out. So, very winnable game.

Trick will be to come out and get an early lead. Get them to wave the white flag early, since they're pretty much locked at #2.
Spurs never have a difficult time getting an early lead... It's holding said lead that's the problem.
aggie_fan13
AG
I think kawhi is doing his own thing at this point
some men you just cant reach ...
jteagle
AG
ToHntortoFsh said:

At what point will Pop just tell Kawhi to wait until next year? I wan't the Spurs in the playoffs bad, although I don't have high expectations of advancing very far. There is a small part of me that wonders if it's best they don't make it and get a better pick for next season when Kawhi will be full tilt.
This season has been rough, but glad to see Lamarcus step up and deliver a lot of nights.
I think the Spurs will make the playoffs without Kawhi but won't go far in the playoffs. Even if he comes back in the next week or so one has to wonder how effective he will be with all that time off. If there is no chance to really make a run at a championship this year I say let him sit until next year.
jteagle
AG

dave99ag
AG
Is Manu for certain hanging them up this year?
aggie_fan13
AG
I thought he had a two year contract ?
some men you just cant reach ...
jteagle
AG
dave99ag said:

I don't think it's a done deal.
Enzo The Baker
AG
dave99ag said:

With the way he has been playing lately, it seems more and more likely.
agwin12
AG
Spurs are blowing this game. From 16 point lead to losing by 2 at the start of the 4th.
"A life lived for others is a life worthwhile" - Albert Einstein

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.