*****2017-2018 San Antonio Spurs*****

297,582 Views | 3490 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by OlRock
Ulrich
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I always take defensive advanced stats with a grain of salt, they aren't super accurate. I do think Forbes is getting tougher defensive assignments and is getting penalized somewhat because he hasn't been getting real rotation minutes all season like Mills has. There's probably an element of Mills knowing the defensive concept better than a sophomore, but I'm having a hard time seeing it.

On the plus side, I'm not sure Gasol is earning his whole contract, but he's been a lot more valuable than I thought he would. Defensively it's night and day, and he's been effective in offense. I'm starting to think Pop might know more about this than I do.
Pendragon12
AG
Forbes is passing the eye test to me. He's going against the guards and forwards that Danny would be defending, and while he still has his struggles, it seems like he's been doing a good job against them. More and more I would rather have Forbes guarding a guy than someone like Patty, so whether that's right or wrong that's my opinion right now.

I think Gasol will always have his limitations. He's slow and old. But to me, his help defense has been significantly better than last season and his offensive contributions have been amazing at times. His chemistry passing the ball with Kyle and LA has been probably one of the bigger reasons we're doing as well as we are at this point in the season with our hodge podge lineups.
Matsui
AG
What players are OUT tonight vs. Lakers?
aggieactor01
AG
Quote:

Injury Report
Lakers:
None.

Spurs: Kawhi Leonard (left shoulder strain) and Rudy Gay (right heel bursitis) are out. Tony Parker (sprained right ankle) is doubtful. Danny Green (tightness, left groin) is questionable.
Source

jteagle
AG
These west coast road trips are killing me! Tonight's game doesn't start until 9:30! This old man may have to take a nap before the game starts because it's almost past my bedtime!
mike073
AG
Eagle - remember years ago doing NIOSA and then walking across the street to Hemisfair arena for a playoff game while stopping at the Lone Star pavilion along the way? Those were good times.!
Gig 'em Aggies!

FTAG 2000
AG
At this point Patty is just stealing money. Can't believe they are on the hook for 50 mil.

Half the team is hurt, he has one skill, and he can't do it.

Shooting 33% since Christmas.
Sports-Ag
AG
Was going to mention Mills as well. He is not helping tonight.
Sports-Ag
AG
Coming to this game I knew it was going to be a little challenge. Weird saying that because it's the Lakers but that team is young and fast. Didn't know if our guys could keep up and it's showing. Turning over the ball way too many times and the Lakers run it for a fast break.

Patty did not have a great game. Miss shots and turnovers. Pop took him out the final 6 minutes to put Murray because patty wasn't helping.

It's weird not seeing the Spurs go on winning streaks. They win 2 games then lose one or win a game then lose the next one. We are spoiled as Spurs fans and they are only third in the West. I keep telling myself just wait until the team is complete and healthy. Honestly, I don't know when that will be.
Ag Natural
AG
Manu minus 20 tonight. They gifted this game to LA with TOs. The funny thing is winning games only hurts the Lakers at this point.
Enzo The Baker
AG
The Spurs have to be careful. Minnesota is only a game back and are really starting to figure it out. A second round matchup with the warriors is looking more and more likely.
bmart97
AG
Which site do you guys like to watch game highlights? ESPN gives so little some times.
Enzo The Baker
AG
YouTube always has 10 minute videos of every made basket for every game in the league. That's what I use when I can't catch a game. Just look up the name of the teams playing and the date.
Pumpkinhead
AG
Enzo The Baker said:

The Spurs have to be careful. Minnesota is only a game back and are really starting to figure it out. A second round matchup with the warriors is looking more and more likely.
If playoffs were today:

1) Warriors vs. 8) Pelicans
2) Rockets vs. 7) Nuggets
3) Spurs vs. 6) Thunder
4) Timberwolves vs. 5) Trailblazers

I know you'd have to face the Warriors in the second round if the 4-seed, but just considering the hypothetical first-round matchup, would you rather be the 4-seed and face the Trailblazers than be the 3 and get matched up with the Thunder?
Enzo The Baker
AG
Honestly I'd rather play the thunder. They aren't deep and the blazers would give us more match up problems with their guards.
champagnepapi
Spurs game was too damn late haha
Ulrich
If we can get healthy by the end of February and stay that way, I'm not afraid of anyone.

But I don't think this roster is ever going to get healthy long enough to develop any chemistry.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Just in case anyone is missing Boban.

https://instagr.am/p/Bd1iTJKAbkc
Mike Elko
AG
Ugly, ugly loss to the Fakers.
Ulrich
Manu dunked and Bertans hit 5/6 from three. It's halftime.
LawHall88
AG
This game proves the adage that basketball is a game of runs.
West Texan
AG
This is the first time I've really watched Jokic play. He's interesting to watch. He doesn't look like he should be good, but man is he crafty. Fun skill set for a lumbering big man.
Ulrich
I've decided that Mills has a reverse Sampson thing going. We need to find a Delilah to cut those awful baby dreads so he can play again.
jteagle
AG
Ulrich said:

Manu dunked and Bertans hit 5/6 from three. It's halftime.

Ag Natural
AG
Spurs in a dog fight with the worst team in the league. Man they have been uncharacteristically bad on the road this season.
Enzo The Baker
AG
The spurs struggle to make high-low/entry passes more than any other team in the league.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Pathetic loss. Spurs fall to the 4th seed.
Ag Natural
AG
Dennis Shroder is right up there with my least favorite players in the NBA. He's become a pretty good player but he seems to think he's an MVP candidate.
Ag Natural
AG
It almost feels like Pop feels bad for all these coaches so he's gifts them wins at home.
Enzo The Baker
AG
Compared to our players today, he looked like an MVP candidate.
Pumpkinhead
AG
In the west for playoff seedings, barring some big runs/drop offs, as of now things seem to have settled into:

1) Golden State
2) Houston
3-4) Minny and San Antonio in some order
5-8) OKC, New Orleans, Clippers, Denver, Portland (4 out of those 5 in some order)

That last bunch of OKC, etc. currently grouped together is 4.5 to 5.5 games back of Minny and San Antonio. So would take a pretty decent size movement for either Minny or SA to get bumped out of the top-4.
Mike Elko
AG
Kawhi out indefinitely to rehab quad (again). Yuck.
LawHall88
AG
Quote:

NEW YORK -- Kawhi Leonard's season of starts and stops came to another grinding halt Wednesday, as the Spurs announced they will again shut down their injured All-Star forward for an "indefinite period."
Leonard missed the first 27 games of the season battling tendinopathy in his right quadriceps. Nine carefully managed games into his comeback, the Spurs' medical staff has recommended putting the 26-year-old back on ice starting with tonight's game at Brooklyn.

"It hasn't responded the way we wanted it to," coach Gregg Popovich told the Express-News after the team's morning shootaround in Manhattan.
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/spurs/article/Spurs-shutting-down-Kawhi-Leonard-indefinitely-12504542.php
Ag Natural
AG
This really sucks. I hope all this rehab pays off in the end.
Pumpkinhead
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.